International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

Lem 15 with B4 - battery life 36hours.
5calls - 150messages with join - all over lte.
Bluetooth and Wifi off.
Best watch since beginning
Best regards and thanks for cool work
Eike

1 Like

Lovin the international firmware! Thank you all for your dedication to improving the watch UI and experience. Iā€™m starting to use my watch more often and eventually plan to put away my phone and use the watch as the primary device. One issue I still experience is a weak cellular signal battery drain. If the signal is 1 bar, the watch heats up and I have more battery drain. this is important to me, I live in an area with weak reception. when I travel from the house, the watch is fine and the battery drain is acceptable. also, I find myself wanting to adjust the volume for media and notifications more often. It would be great to have a volume adjustment screen next to all the toggles when you swipe down the screen. for example, swipe down, view battery, signal, airplane toggle, swipe left for all the toggles, and swipe again for volumes. just a suggestion. thank you, Jack

That is unfortunately a limitation of the device, the modem firmware is prebuilt so there is nothing that could be changed even if it were intended.

About the volume slider, there might be the option to replace the long click on the audio toggle quick setting with this panel:

volume

2 Likes

I think this is a reasonable idea.

What do all the beta testers thinkā€¦?

Let us know people :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you guys and pablo11 for the great work !

First I have to say that the registration process to your website is kind of annoying- registration with email is not working - you dont get a confirmation ( yes I looked in the spam ) registration with google worked but you blocked german ip. How come ?

Cheers

1 Like

Once more, thank you guys and pablo11 for the great work !

IƔm using D09_Kospet_Prime2.

I downloaded the FAW-PRIME2-V1.0.zip, after flashing it shows build no V1.1.

after flashing FAW-PRIME2-V1.1.zip it still shows build no V1.1.

Thats confusing,

And you should point out in the install instructions, that you have to flash FAW-PRIME2-V1.0.zip first.

Tried to flasf FAW-PRIME2-V1.1.zip on stock rom D09_Kospet_Prime2_V2.1_20210517, showed ā€œdead androidā€ and did not work. Lucky watch rebootet into normal stock rom.

Hmm, the entire process is described very precisely?

1 Like

Thatā€™s because, as it says in the instructions on the top post - you must install v1.0 coming from stock.
As @G1NT0N1C says it is very clearly described in the top post.
As long as you follow the instructions and donā€™t unzip anything you canā€™t go wrong.

We do not block German ip addressesā€¦
Two of our team are from Germany :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

V1.0 is actually the same as v1.1.
The only difference is that you can only flash v1.0 from stock and then v1.1 tightens up the security certificates so that you will be able to update to the next FAW version when it is released.

At the moment it is in beta testing.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply !

Could you point out the problem with the build number:

I downloaded the FAW-PRIME2-V1.0.zip, after flashing it shows build no V1.1.

after flashing FAW-PRIME2-V1.1.zip it still shows build no V1.1.

Greetings to downunder

Yes, a shortcut to the audio sliders would be an excellent feature.

Battery life on the Lem12 Pro on B5 has been very good. I am however experiencing an issue with Bluetooth audio clipping and stuttering, when using Apple Airpods Pro, Nova Launcher and Myrunningapp together. I have disabled battery optimisation for all apps involved, and allowed unrestricted data usage, including the launcher, but to no avail. Iā€™m going to run some tests eliminating one variable at a time to get to the bottom of it. Many thanks for your hard work on this project.

1 Like

@Littlec
Thanks for the report.
We will need a logcat though.
Preferably during the problem occuring.

hello, beta 5 pulse does not work at all. message reads test failed. other than that working fine

Hello, yes thatā€™s a known problem with the heart rate app, the timeout counter was reduced too much.

Fixed next beta?

Youā€™ll have to wait and seeā€¦lol

There is nothing worse than having pressureā€¦ Right? :grin:

2 Likes

Tested for a few days on lemfo lem 12 pro the rom beta 5 has no problems, everything works perfectly including the heart rate meter. Excellent battery life. One question: the new option in battery called intelligent energy saving in standby how is it different from energy saving?
Thanks for your work.

From what I understand, it just reduces the amount of background scheduled tasks, disables WiFi and maybe kills off some apps as well. Iā€™ve been using it and I havenā€™t really noticed any negative side-effects. On the plus side, I have noticed reduced battery consumption.

1 Like

Hi guys,
my lemfo 12 pro has unbranded firmware (faw-lem12pro-V01).
Into ā€œoption-about phoneā€ is missing the function for the local firmware update
Now I wish to install beta (b5) version but something is not so clear to me.
I downloaded and extract both FAW-Z32PRO-V1.1 and FAW-LEM12PRO-V1.2-B5 but both files scatter.txt seem not work with flash tool "ERROR_STATUS_SCATTER_FILE_INVALID(0xC0030001).
Can you help me ? ths

Hey how are you @none @pablo11

i bought another Lem15 and iā€™m trying flashing to V1.0 from Factory firmware. When i drop zip file into internal mem, canā€™t flash with local option.

Can you help me?