International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

I think I’ll start walking sideways, maybe it will help :wink:

2 Likes

The step counter logic has been altered for V1.3, so this is was a known issue on V1.2

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed feedback, the health settings will be changed to include pounds and inch:
health

The weather icon and unit is fixed as well:
weather

The removal of the fitness and music fragment from the launcher was done for a specific reason:

The sleep app is unfortunately not compatible with this build since it relies on non-generic functions on the firmware

Thanks @none and @pablo11 for the explanation on the app removal. I must have missed it in my reading:-(

I have found one more thing that is clearly form over function but … Focus on the icons at top of screens (I call them page icons). They seem to not be related to the actual page. For example, main watch face is appropriate, swipe to left to notifications and th page icon is a speaker. Swipe to the app drawer and the page icon is weather. See link below. Again form over function but nevertheless noticed. Thanks again for your continued support and work.

I see what you mean, but apart from the weather icon on the app drawer (this will be fixed) these are the intended icons that are also in use on the default firmware.

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Difficulties upgrading

Hi guys, in a few posts earlier I had decided to leave v1.3b3 but the desire to move to b4 was too strong. So I decided to flash the stock firmware and then install FAW 1.3b4. For a few hours I used the stock firmware and I realized how great the FAW is. Now I have switched to b4, thank you for this great firmware :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Can I directly update beta 4 from original firmware?or I need to update 1.0 before beta 4?

Yes you can. This is the only way.

From stock firmware. To beta 4. As discribted.

2 Likes

One more thing
I read notes it says added factory reset on local update
What’s that mean?It will factory reset when u do local update?
P.S sorry for bothering :grin::grin:

I went from stock v2.1 to FAW 1.3b4. Yes, factory data reset is already included.

1 Like

Yes . Thats what it means

Removed for now

Thanks for the heads-up, but I’d like a bit more clarity. ‘this is the right version’ … for what? Your post doesn’t clarify what it might be an upgrade to. I’ve currently got LEM14-V1.3 b1.3. So is this - as I hope! - an upgrade to b1.4? Or would it create, for instance, an upgrade from b1.1 OR b1.2 to b1.3 and not go as far as b1.4? Sorry to be picky.

So, I might be answering my own question here (wouldn’t be the first time, I’m slow at night) … does one install - in my case - the LEM 14 beta over the existing b1.3 that I have, and that then allows me to install b1.4 over the top of it?

Well, i admit it’s getting more and more confusing which we like to avoid in the future with the help of the ‘one version fits all’ approach.

So, in summary:

• There were intially two certificates, a unsecured one which is used by the default firmware and a secure one which is used by the FAW firmware.
  • Those individual certificates don’t mix together, you have to create ‘transition version’ that is signed with the certificate that is accepted by the current firmware, but internally uses the other to allow the next upgrade to be signed with the latter.
  • Now we are going back to the unsecured one to prevent that kind of mix-up, but for that we need another transition version that reverts the currently in use secure certificate.
3 Likes

I have now also updated to FW 1.3 Beta4. I am very satisfied so far. Only one thing amazes me. I signed in to the Playstore with my vGoogle account. However, some menus are missing there (manage apps and devices, media library). For example, I cannot access my installed apps.

Regards skysat

In beta 4 watchfaces doesn’t work.
When you click on plus to see watchfaces list brings watche’s setting menu
Note:just writing this for report

They have moved in the new play store.
You click on your user icon to manage your device

1 Like