I don't know if it's me or all these recent updates...

So you couldn’t flash it either ?

I really thought it would access the bootloader for flashing :frowning:

it’s a subsystem driver - nothing to do with the OS at all. If you can’t access that it seems that the pre-loader partition or USB controller might be Kaput…

Unless I’m doing it wrong… I downloaded the latest firmware (why is there no flash_tool.exe?)… used the flash_tool.exe from an earlier version… downloaded the new scatter file… watch was turned off… connected it via USB… immediately got error message to say that device not working (see previous photo)… clicked “download” in flash_tool… nothing happened… left if for about an hour but still nothing had happened… stopped download… :frowning:

So how do I fix the pre-loader partition or USB controller?

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s possible @Lokifish_Marz any ideas? Sounds like a lost cause unfortunately …
I’m guessing you have already tried disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds and then re-connect and try again?
I had this happen on a round K8 and never got it back …

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Yep, tried the battery thing…

Okay… so that I don’t do it again… how did I manage to break it?

I think you selected to flash all in SP Tool. It’s an easy mistake to make as the tool selects all by default. The very first image - pre-loader should not be flashed. It’s the only thing that can break the watch - well - easily…
Not even changing your profile picture to this lovely new image can help :frowning:

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 D’oh!.. I’m sure that in the SMT video it says not to check or uncheck anything - just work with the loaded settings…
More photo’s to follow :slight_smile:

I’ve got two cradle/docks so swapped their pins and chips around to see I could get a good working one… it didn’t work…

do you have an imei number and Wi-Fi MAC Address showing in the settings. When I was trying to fix one of my x5, I went to settings and discovered somehow that I had deleted my imei info and mac address wasn’t showing either. Once I re-entered my info for my imei and restarted my watch, it was able to connect to my SP Flash tool. Check to see if it is missing.

@Splen_Dence
that’s the first time I’ve heard of that ! Very good to know. I will test it.
@Andrew_Davis sadly I think the days of connecting by usb are over for your D5 :frowning: However - I will test Splen’s theory - not sure how it would effect the connection but…
I don’t suppose you even like the KW88 seeing as it’s so limited in it’s artwork for faces area…

@Splen_Dence Settings > About Device > Status >… after that I’ve got… IMEI and IMEI SV and IP address and Wi-Fi MAC address and Bluetooth address… sounds like I’ve got everything (should I smile or frown?)

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 My biggest problem is that I’m running a FW version that harbours the “Black Screen of Death”… if I accidently touch one of these screens I’ll need to Flash… oh, wait, I can’t…
I’m going to let my battery go flat and then recharge (just in case it’s magic)… if it’s not magically fixed I’ll then leave the watch in a drawer until a stable OTA update is available that gets rid of “TBSoD”…
Tthe FW link that you sent me (and it’s available on the No1 D5 site) should do the trick… I wonder why No1 don’t set it up for OTA?
The KW88… hmmm… making 3 hand apks is okay but the recent blocking of this method of installing user made watchfaces is not encouraging… so I’m unlikely to spend much/any time there!.. @Kenneth_Tan is doing some VERY interesting work and if things can be got to a stage whereby faces can be installed easily/quickly then it might capture my interest…

@Andrew_Davis
you should see a new OTA now ? It’s been reported by @SmartWatch_Ticks that it’s fixed the issue…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Hmmm?.. I tried an OTA about 10 minutes ago… it said I’m updated to the hilt and nothing of any serious value can be added to enhance my use of the watch or my life in general… or words to that effect… I’ll give it another go…

Hey @Andrew_Davis , if my experience matches yours, draining the battery won’t help. You can test it by popping off the back of the watch and lifting the power connector for 30 seconds or so, then putting it back on. The watch will most likely boot to the black screen and freeze there. If it boots OK, then you don’t have to go through that deep discharge cycle. I’m pretty sure my video on flashing the D5 shows where that power connector is inside the watch.

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Nope, nothing…

@SmartWatch_Ticks Okay… I’m going to stop the power drain and keep it on charge… if my watch ever needs a Flash it’s a goner!