I don't know if it's me or all these recent updates...

@SmartWatch_Ticks I thought you said the latest OTA from No1 fixed the issues? Are you having problems too ?

I’m not sure, @Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 . This whole black screen thing is confusing. I think both a tweak to the server and the new firmware fixed (at least for all my brutal testing) the black screen that comes with the plus sign adding of faces from their server. I couldn’t generate any new black screens with the red round minus circle in the upper right like before. The black screens that come from installing watch faces through ClockSkin folder don’t appear on the Android 5.1 watches but still appear on Android 4.4.2 watches, though touching them doesn’t lock up the phone. That seems to be an artifact of nested folders or invisible files within the ClockSkin folder miss read by the clock engine. Generally the watch reverts to the last active face when one of those is touched. The peculiar behaviors that happens after installing or removing skin folders from the ClockSkin folder are still there, and one of those behaviors is to come back after disconnecting with a black screen. Whatever the condition, if you can touch through to Settings Search and clear Launcher data, the watch returns to the first watch face and all is well. Problem is on that black face from disconnect recovery you can’t go anywhere. If, however, you have floating toucher or similar floating button on the screen, it is there and accessible. If you have preinstalled Settings Search as one of the options to launch in Floating Toucher, you can get to it and clear Launcher data. Short of that, you are stuck and need to flash. As far as I know, there isn’t a firmware fix for that one (or any of the other peculiar disconnect recovery behavior) resulting from messing around with the ClockSkin folder. It’s only the server fed BSOD that was ‘supposedly’ fixed by firmware from both No.1 and FINOW. At least I think. Too may ways of getting a black screen. It would be really valuable to know if anyone who is actually running the newest firmware is getting the BSOD. All I can say is I’m not, and I really worked it hard with multiple simultaneous downloads, cancel actions, shutting off during download, you name it. Every time it worked perfectly.

@SmartWatch_Ticks
you did well.
From my country (Australia) - and I assume I am not alone here - I am lucky to even get a connection to the server in China.
When I do I can wait up to 5 minutes sometimes to even get the images for preview to load.
We are talking about a server hosted behind one of the most intense Web curtains of all - China.
Considering the absolutely idiot proof method of copy and paste versus a hit and miss, possible partial brick of your watch - why take the risk?
When will they realise this is not a “selling point” it is a risky business for the customer.
It should be stopped - plain and simple !
For the 15% of lucky people - great.
For the rest who get partial downloads and missing images from this service - not good at all.

Interesting info from +Shubh Shah in this thread…
https://plus.google.com/117801562193345724935/posts/gecBHf6j1TM

Yep. Neat trick. Any way to get over to the launcher to clear the data should work. Never thought about draining the battery until the warning came on the screen. Still not quite sure how he got from the warning all the way to clearing launcher data without using Settings Search, but I guess there’s a path. It would be nice if the steps were documented. Glad you’re back up @Andrew_Davis

@SmartWatch_Ticks Well, I’m sort of up… I’m very concerned about the fragility of everything… it seems as though no watch is safe!.. :frowning:

Ah, but your faces will stand the test of time. :slight_smile:

I see what you did there… :slight_smile: