I don't know if it's me or all these recent updates...

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 Hmm… when I first put the watch in the dock the watch shows “Connected” (and my computer beeps) but there’s nothing on the “Notification” screen… :frowning:

@Andrew_Davis that is bad news :frowning:

I know this may sound a bit crazy but - would you re-flash with SP tools the firmware from the No1 website and see if you are in the same boat? I know you cannot get the watch recognised as a device but you may still have access to the boot loader to flash with the watch powered off. I mean the full firmware here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Ay_s354RncWDYxTlFsNFdMSmM/view

Or even an earlier firmware that worked ok. Just don’t flash the pre-loader. Out of interest - did you flash the pre-loader when you recently flashed the watch?

What is a pre-loader?.. I stumbled my way through the flashing process…
At the moment I’m using ShareIt (Wi-Fi)…

Thank you for this… I’ll research it further :slight_smile: … before I stumble into it again…

When you use SP Tools you load the scatter file which selects the partitions for you to flash. The very first partition is the pre-loader (boot loader) . It’s best practice not to flash this as it can prevent you going backwards in FW to older versions…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I’m thinking that I damaged something in my flashing process… :slight_smile:

oh dear. well it might be able to flash again…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 A big thank you for your help on this… I’ll read your comments and consider what I need to try next :slight_smile:

I thought that as I would be attempting to Flash (using what you sent) I would first try the OTA update on my D5… OTA went okay but I’ve ended up with the version that has “The Black Faces of Death”… I tried to connect with USB but no luck… time to Flash…

Why is the flash_tool.exe missing from the most recent (above) download?

sounds like you’re having the same problem I was talking about a few weeks back. Wonder why it affected me much earlier with the X5. I have 2, I got one to work but not the other. Had to reinstall the win 10 drivers and reflash, and I also bought a new battery cradle.

@Splen_Dence The problem is, my PC doesn’t recognise my D5… I’m still working on it… :frowning:

Can’t Flash because my PC doesn’t recognise my watch… :frowning:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9c-vl8oxm2EOWNyWTl4Q0pqSUU/view?usp=sharing

check your pins on your watch cradle, maybe one or two of them dropped down/shorter or try downloading airdroid to transfer the flash zip or sideload

@Splen_Dence Interesting… a sideload was going to be my next line of enquiry… can it be done?

I’ve downloaded the most recent No1 D5 update onto my PC - but can’t Flash as watch not recognised… the unpacked download is in three folders - drive, SP_Flash_Tool and w812a_kk… do I sideload the zipped package or some/all of the unzipped folders… and where would I put them on the watch?

If watch does not connect to pc you can’t sideload…

@Pablo_Eleven_Pablo11 I tried Shareit and downloaded a few watchfaces - so that works… can I use Shareit to put the latest firmware on the watch?

No - sorry - needs a cable to access the bootloader :frowning: