Custom Kernel for MT6739 Smartwatches

I use this. It works like charm. It cuts charging at 80 percent itself.

yes this is very useful app, compared to manually edit /sys/class/power_supply/battery/voltage_max values to 4100 or lower, or change the file /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled from 1 to 0 ,which both are resets every reboot. and both files not available in android 7.1 watches (at least not on mine).
But if itā€™s possible from custom kernel here @none i wish to have it implemented rather than using any app :+1:

1 Like

Him thanks for the tip. Battery charge limit app does not work in kospet prime. Maybe I should do your thing.

I found the voltage max file in my rooted Lenovo k6 note. I changed it and it worked. It cut the charge. However there is no such file in my watch , AllCall Awatch GT. It is also rooted. I am using CX file explorer. Still looking for it. Maybe under some other place.

@none @pablo11
Latest Hope kernel is OK. /nvdata is still intact (/dev/block/mmcblk0p7).
Had to disable verity and install su.
Impressed with the overall smoothness, touch response and things like raise to wake response.
Still issue with ā€œNVRAM WARNING: Err=0x10ā€ wifi network. But all works fine.
Deviceidle can enable both deep and light. Perfect.
Missing the 1.2GHz cpu speed due to undervolt? Now 910000 as max.
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies

@none any chance of adjusting the RGB values of the screen?

Great work!

1 Like

That is intended, the current devices are already underclocked to 1GHz, the additional 100mhz allows for a greater reduction in voltage.

Changing the display values seems not possible (at least it is not described not on the display datasheet, they are probably using unknown registers for this).

1 Like

You can check if your Wi-Fi Mac address changes every time you connect.
This will tell you if the original Mac address has gone

The Kospet Prime version works very well, by the way. Thank you.

After switching Wifi off and on again the mac address is still the same. I have the impression that there is nothing wrong with /nvdata. All numbers seem fine.

Ok cool.
Thatā€™s a good thing.
There is a possibility that the error may clear if a factory reset is done.
It allows the verity to be re-established.
Just an idea.
Otherwise @none would have to look at logs I guess

Itā€™s gone now. This instruction did the trick:

Cheers

EDIT: after reboot the NVRAM wifi is back. Must be custom kernel writing wrong mac into that file. Maybe @none can look into that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure how this is caused, itā€™s not a problem on the Lem12 or Optimus Pro and the ramdisk doesnā€™t seem to make a difference.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tested the S08 version and it seems to work fine excepted for the wrist sensor which is not detected. Can someone else confirm ?

@none any ideas?

After more tests, it seems the wrist gesture sensor is detected, but iā€™ve not found the gesture to do to make it work. My screen has light up one or two times, but i donā€™t understand how i succeedā€¦ Strange that the sensor behavior can be modified by the boot image. Iā€™m curious to understand this.

2 Likes

Giorgos_Tsarouchas reported this issue as well, i provided another build with some slight modifications to the tilt driver (BMA423), but unfortunately havenā€™t received any feedback yet.
I will update all the links on the original post with the supposed fix.

2 Likes

Thanks, let me know when S08 file will be updated and iā€™ll test it.

The links are already updated with the latest build.

3 Likes

After test, the wrist gesture is now working very well !!
Thanks

3 Likes

The tilt detector is part of the BMA423 accelerometer that sends a notification to the sensor hal (/dev/m_tilt_misc -> /vendor/lib/hw/sensors.mt6739.so) if the tilt gesture was detected.
There are also some settings that can be adjusted (like the axis) to further increase or decrease the detection sensitivity.

Edit:
For the Rollme S08 the wrist gesture detection was a problem with the axis mapping, they probably turned the mainboard around due to the new IP68 based design.

2 Likes