Custom Kernel for MT6739 Smartwatches

since it counts as how much mah for charging, it close as real capacity itself

I totally agree with you. I only charge my cellphone to 80 %. I use the charging limit app.No wear at all. Check my battery wear, and don’t be too jealous:-)))

Wow you got the best of the battery, since most batteries created with ranged capacity and you got the higher one, wow :grinning:
I am no match but it still not that shabby lol for 1M capacity charged :grin:

Thank you, it is a six month old battery. Your number of sessions is a lot, by the way. Trick is, I do order batteries online, test them in 2 days by charging and discharging outside

, if they are no good, return them in the third day. That is how I find original batteries:-) And another tip. The true capacity of the battery is written in dot matrix form at the backside. That is generally right. The one on the front might be a lie.

2 Likes

Ok cool.
So this should be interesting to see how it goes :+1::+1:

1 Like

2020_08_24_11.56.11 I do use Gsam with a rooted watch. It doesn’t tell the mAh rating. That is what it tells.

So you have a rooted watch ?
The root component only works if you have root access to your watch.
The G-Sam root component just updates the path to where bat stats are stored in the root directory

2020_08_24_16.06.35 Yes I have rooted watch according to the instructions you gave me:-) The problem with G-Sam is that it doesn’t tell me the actual mAh. Or I can’t find that menu.

Hmm that’s annoying

OK, I don’t understand the reason to charge and discharge a watch or a phone between a specific range… Why shouldn’t I use a battery in it’s full potential? A battery of a device that I will replace with a newer model in 1-2-3 maximum years? How much will the capacity be reduced after 2 years?

1 Like

Can’t really argue with you about that.
I have similar views…

1 Like

Your view is the most way to use device and battery in consumer end, and it’s not wrong at all. But for me, buying a device every one or two years is not an option, since the performance wise it not that much improvement. Because my phone Sharp SH-04H spec is SD820 with FHD IGZO 120hz screen and IP58 and it more than enough for my needs.
As you can see in my phone usage here, I buy it at Jan 14, 2019 (battery capacity in accubattery 88%), and using it until today (battery capacity in accubattery 87%) with detailed usage in the screenshot too.
So the point of using that charge and discharge at specific range is make your battery last longer in age and capacity wise.

Yeah, as I said…
In my opinion.

Of course it’s different for everyone.

I was basically agreeing with @Giorgos_Tsarouchas

I will try (for me) tonite. Let you know.

@none: what is the road map with your project? Android 8?

Cheers

There are couple of reasons. After 1 year a twenty percent drop occurs, when it is charged and let sit to 100 percent for hours. Also, Charging to 80 percent is quite fast. Last 20 percent is slow. There is an unproportional waiting duration. Lastly, I have a supposedly 1260 mah battery and I don’t see any replacement battery on the web in case my battery dies. I have to treat her nicely.

Here are the battery sizes taken from the kernel battery gauge data:

• Hope: 656mAh
  • Optimus: 745mAh
  • LEM12 / Genesis: 745mAh
  • Prime / S08: 1030mAh
3 Likes

I use to change phone every 3 years and that’s because I see reduced performance. That’s because either the hardware wears out or software like apps and sites becomes heavier or both.
I once bought a flagship phone (galaxy s3), spending 600€ and at the second year it started to slow down… So I decided to buy midrange phones of 150-200€, which are more vfm and I won’t bother to replace them in a year or two. I currently have a Xperia Xz1.

It’s easy to take care of the battery of a phone which has at least 3000mah. With medium use, you can easily keep the 20%-80% range. How practical is to do this with a watch that has a 700-900mah battery? It hardly lasts a day with light use at the 10%-100% range :sweat_smile:

It is not easy to keep 700-900 mah battery in 20 % - 80 % range. I agree.

and that’s the accubattery app stands for, as a reminder of 80% charged. And for about watch battery, as I said before in most cases I keep it 25% until 75% it stays as best case scenario. get into 15% battery warning and charged to 85% is not a big deal.
The point is to keep the battery longer as you can. Before changing your watch into a newer watch

I use to charge my watch 10%-100% at night before sleeping, so as soon as it is charged 100%, I disconnect it from the charger. Luckily my phone has a software that estimates the time I will be awaken, based on my alarms, and fully charges the battery right before :grin::grin: