Chrismas Time !!
INTRODUCTION NOTE : This work is done for free. No one should take it to sell it without my permission.
Little demo :
I’ve worked hard on a new version of the clockskin engine.
This time i’ve taken a white piece of paper and tried to emulate the WatchMaker .watch format support. This is not easy, i have to guess how the engine should behave… Only way was to import a bunch of skins and make them look as on the preview… This means that not all is perfect and probably not everything will (ever) work as in the original app, but it’s anyway an improvment that opens some doors.
If you find .watch files that looks good, don’t hesitate to share their links !
If you find .watch that don’t work, i know there’s plenty, so i will not fix everything.
So what’s new :
- .watch file support (only not protected format)
- date/time/stopwatch tags (reference here watchmaker.haz.wiki/).
- battery tags (except temp)
- sensor tags only steps/HR/accelerometer
- No counter/timezone/phone/device/weather/calendar/tasker tags
- simple script / chronometer
- simple shape / shader
- markers / text (carriage return is not seen)
- Bright / Dim mode, multi screen support
- lua support but NOT wmschedule, tweens, wmtransition…
not supported :
- no weather support
- no time/offset support
- no arrow animation…
BE CAREFUL : this implementation is in Java, so performance can quickly become an issue. You can find watch skins with more than 80 layers, and it will become really slow !
Also, don’t use the watch skins that have a zoom factor script, it is very costly and the zoom is already integrated in the double tap…
RECOMMENDATION : You can use the WatchMaker app on your phone/tablet to create or modify your skins, then test them with the standalone App before putting them on your watch.
- Double tap now opens a dialog box where you can : choose between Night and Day mode and adjust the zoom factor.
- clockskin Skins can be read in ZIP format : no need to decompress a skin in the ClockSkin directory, just put the zip file.
Note the the ZIP file should not contain the skin in a sub directory.
launcher bug fixes :
- wifi / BT state
How to install the Launcher :
- install the APK
- activate the correct authorisations : SMS / PHONE / Settings
- activate “Allow Peek” Notification, the app will show you the setting tab.
Tutorial on uploading skins on your watch/phone :
Read more: /thread/267/standalone-clockskin-engine-apk-version
Tested on my D5 with original FW (4.4) and Honor 7 (6.0).
How to put faces on the watch :
Watch files to start with :
Tribute - Ernst Benz Chronolunar Automatic
Harley Davidson - Bulova Custom Dim
New versions available 1.1.8 (and standalone 2.0.8):
- wrist screen on correction
- battery rotation correction
launcher 1.1.8 :
Standalone App (V 2.0.8):
New versions available 1.1.7 (and standalone 2.0.7):
- removal of HSV and RGB shaders that are not working correctly, preventing some images to show.
- moon phase is implemented.
- some other engine bug fixes
- new crash log : after a crash of the launcher, start it again. A crash report is then generated on the Root directory. Connect to your PC and get the file, you can use it to help me find the bugs.
- NO change on other launcher parts (notification or widget, …), so it’s only of interest if some skins are not working correctly…
Standalone App (V 2.0.7):
New versions available 1.1.6 (and standalone 2.0.6):
clockskin : rotating battery bug
watchmaker : regression from 1.1.5
(santa turbi !!)
watchmaker : charging tag
New versions available 1.1.5 (experimental):
digital time with leading 0
bad text opacity
New versions available 1.1.4 (experimental):
- correction of delete widget issues : when the widget is dead the normal long click (> 300ms) does not work, so a quick double click is implemented (< 300ms)
New versions available 1.1.3:
- text dim color support
- bug in color display corrected
- bug that could crash the launcher
New versions available 1.1.2:
- week number
- added square mode toggle in settings (thanks to Julien) : will only work if your watch already support this in the system launcher.
- reworked settings icon position and better icon resolution in app launcher part (thanks to Julien)
New versions available 1.1.1:
- accelerometer is disabled for battery issues
- korean bug fix
- shape support is enhanced (still no heart support)
- text ring (full ?) support
- other bugs fixes
Launcher (V 1.1.3):
Launcher (V 1.1.2):
Launcher (V 1.1.1):
Standalone App (V 2.0.3):
Standalone App (V 2.0.2):
Standalone App (V 2.0.1):