Battery draining

Ok. My watch have some problem for sure. Just resetted, I have 3 google play services running without any account.

davefraud

disable any google app related i mean do’nt let them sycn like google play store and google services and gmail…as long as they update and sync i will drain battery faster. also the quetion does your cellular company provide coverage of the bands of the watch as long it tries to stay connect it will drain faster batery. if you notice that without 3g the watch can last over 2 days even with wifi and gps for 24\7 and gb for 2hrs, i do have noticed that the H2 act way way better with 3g on than the kw99\w1.

edit: that is not right, i’ll check and inform about it. 

had the same issue with my x3+ and they’ve fixed it with an ota update.

edit:  sign in to your account and see if it fixes the problem if not reset again and sign in and if the problem still exists then flash it with it’s firmware and see if it fixes the problem. if not plz notify.

@sonia yes, all the apps are disabled and my carrier use the correct frequencies…btw I’m pretty sure the problem is the gsm connection other than google.play.services

Jan 1, 2018 13:28:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:davefraud

disable any google app related i mean do’nt let them sycn like google play store and google services and gmail…as long as they update and sync i will drain battery faster. also the quetion does your cellular company provide coverage of the bands of the watch as long it tries to stay connect it will drain faster batery. if you notice that without 3g the watch can last over 2 days even with wifi and gps for 24\7 and gb for 2hrs, i do have noticed that the H2 act way way better with 3g on than the kw99\w1.

edit: that is not right, i’ll check and inform about it. 

had the same issue with my x3+ and they’ve fixed it with an ota update.

edit:  sign in to your account and see if it fixes the problem if not reset again and sign in and if the problem still exists then flash it with it’s firmware and see if it fixes the problem. if not plz notify.

Sorry Sonia witch account I’ve to sign in? Google? With google account signed in I’ve always 3 services

Jan 1, 2018 13:44:29 GMT 1 davefraud said:

Jan 1, 2018 13:28:18 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

google. try the steps i've given and see if it fixes the problem more likely something is draining the battery which connected to 3g but by using data.

Hi guys,
I’ve got a problem with battery life too. My KW99 is only connected to iPhone via Bluetooth (no SIM, sometimes wifi).
I’ve dowloaded GSam Battery Monitor and that shows that 52% of the battery is being consumed by “Held awake”. I can’t figure out what is causing watch to stay awake. Or is it normal for watch? I’m new to Android.
Thank you.

Today I had a strange behavior: with gsm data on and no app on the watch at 6pm I had 75% (i was at office with Bluetooth and WiFi activated all day long but not connected). When I came out to be back at home my watch became hot and in 20 min my battery dropped at 24%. The process most running was forecast (app which I never used).

Jan 8, 2018 23:22:27 GMT 1 davefraud said:
Today I had a strange behavior: with gsm data on and no app on the watch at 6pm I had 75% (i was at office with Bluetooth and WiFi activated all day long but not connected). When I came out to be back at home my watch became hot and in 20 min my battery dropped at 24%. The process most running was forecast (app which I never used).
tomasg

btw, gsam drains the battery really fast and it keeps the watch awake, my kw99 for now is without sim and i use when i’m out i use bt for notifications and bt calls and gps also on. wifi and gps on when i’m at home and battery last a full 24hrs. as i said it is hard to know what wakes up the watch without the proper app to show it and you need root for these kind of apps. make sure that any google apps updates and sync are done manually and not auto same for other apps you installed that reqires that.

Jan 9, 2018 14:08:54 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 8, 2018 23:22:27 GMT 1 davefraud said:
tomasg

btw, gsam drains the battery really fast and it keeps the watch awake, my kw99 for now is without sim and i use when i’m out i use bt for notifications and bt calls and gps also on. wifi and gps on when i’m at home and battery last a full 24hrs. as i said it is hard to know what wakes up the watch without the proper app to show it and you need root for these kind of apps. make sure that any google apps updates and sync are done manually and not auto same for other apps you installed that reqires that.

Hi Sonia,
Thanks for your reply. The only two apps I’ve downloaded are GSam and Setting Search. I even disabled Google Play, Google and Google services…I’m not sure how or where to change either sync or auto update. Would you mind to give me some hints please. As I said i’m new to Android and don’t really know what and how to do certain things.
Thank you.

Jan 9, 2018 15:41:59 GMT 1 tomasg said:

Jan 9, 2018 14:08:54 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:tomasg

Hi Sonia,
Thanks for your reply. The only two apps I’ve downloaded are GSam and Setting Search. I even disabled Google Play, Google and Google services…I’m not sure how or where to change either sync or auto update. Would you mind to give me some hints please. As I said i’m new to Android and don’t really know what and how to do certain things.
Thank you.

first remove the gsam app from your watch without root you can't know much of what really drains the battery. secondly are you using email apps? in google play store make sure that in settings you do'nt have auto update and no notifications, what calendar are you using? check in each app in it's settings if there is an update or auto sync.

Jan 10, 2018 13:07:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 9, 2018 15:41:59 GMT 1 tomasg said:
Hi Sonia,
Thank you.

first remove the gsam app from your watch without root you can't know much of what really drains the battery. secondly are you using email apps? in google play store make sure that in settings you do'nt have auto update and no notifications, what calendar are you using? check in each app in it's settings if there is an update or auto sync.

I’ve uninstalled gsam already and I’m not using mail nor calendar on my watch. Is purely for showing time, getting notifications and calls.

Jan 10, 2018 13:09:59 GMT 1 tomasg said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:07:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
first remove the gsam app from your watch without root you can’t know much of what really drains the battery.
secondly are you using email apps? in google play store make sure that in settings you do’nt have auto update and no notifications, what calendar are you using? check in each app in it’s settings if there is an update or auto sync.

I’ve uninstalled gsam already and I’m not using mail nor calendar on my watch. Is purely for showing time, getting notifications and calls.

and still battery draining issue? that just weird, my suggestion is to reset the watch and if that does’nt work flash it with it’s stock rom it should help and if not i’ll report it.

Jan 10, 2018 13:14:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:09:59 GMT 1 tomasg said:

and still battery draining issue? that just weird, my suggestion is to reset the watch and if that does’nt work flash it with it’s stock rom it should help and if not i’ll report it.

It looks like it holds it for 18 hours. Or at least It did it yesterday. But it was on the charger all night and in the morning it showed 99% charged.

Jan 10, 2018 13:17:08 GMT 1 tomasg said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:14:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

It looks like it holds it for 18 hours. Or at least It did it yesterday. But it was on the charger all night and in the morning it showed 99% charged.

from experience leaving the watch the whole night has a weird negative impact on battery life that is why i charge it before i go to sleep put it in saving mode and airplane mode that i have full battery in the morning for the whole day. with the kw99 (which is the same as the w1) i get a full day using with bt on and gps on with bt calls and notifications but without bt just gps and wifi 24\7 i get almost 3 days of usage.

Jan 10, 2018 13:21:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:17:08 GMT 1 tomasg said:

from experience leaving the watch the whole night has a weird negative impact on battery life that is why i charge it before i go to sleep put it in saving mode and airplane mode that i have full battery in the morning for the whole day. with the kw99 (which is the same as the w1) i get a full day using with bt on and gps on with bt calls and notifications but without bt just gps and wifi 24\7 i get almost 3 days of usage.

Mine is in flight mode as I don’t use SIM card in it and gps is off too. Don’t even use Wifi only really little when I want to download something. I’ve got it connected to my iPhone for notifications and Bluetooth which is not stable at all. Sometime I’ve got full 18h connection sometimes I need to reconnect a few times during the day. And it will not reconnect automatically which is really bad. I’ll try to charge it and put into sleep mode tonight to see if there’s any difference.

Jan 10, 2018 13:26:51 GMT 1 tomasg said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:21:44 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

sadly you can't flash it with the kw99 firmware but you might when the new versions come out.

Jan 10, 2018 13:34:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:26:51 GMT 1 tomasg said:

sadly you can’t flash it with the kw99 firmware but you might when the new versions come out.

Is there any sign that new firmware will be out? I loaded one already that was posted here as it has a newer date than the one that came with the watch. But I hope they will fix the Bluetooth issue.

Jan 10, 2018 13:37:00 GMT 1 tomasg said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:34:46 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
sadly you can’t flash it with the kw99 firmware but you might when the new versions come out.

Is there any sign that new firmware will be out? I loaded one already that was posted here as it has a newer date than the one that came with the watch. But I hope they will fix the Bluetooth issue.

i’m checking to see if one of other models suits this watch, this should be even better battery life than my kw99 and not worse i think it got to do with maybe the new firmware. 

Jan 10, 2018 17:12:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Jan 10, 2018 13:37:00 GMT 1 tomasg said:

i’m checking to see if one of other models suits this watch, this should be even better battery life than my kw99 and not worse i think it got to do with maybe the new firmware. 

But it was that bad before the updated firmware. I only updated it as I had a problem with Bluetooth calling but it hasn’t fixed it anyway.

Jan 10, 2018 17:21:20 GMT 1 tomasg said:

Jan 10, 2018 17:12:47 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

But it was that bad before the updated firmware. I only updated it as I had a problem with Bluetooth calling but it hasn’t fixed it anyway.

soniasophie9697 just to clarify my watch is KW99.