Battery draining

Dec 1, 2017 12:03:54 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 1, 2017 11:49:25 GMT 1 davefraud said:
No Sonia, I got two google services from the first star after flashing firmware. Every time I tried to reset my watch I always got two services running

ok, that is not normal, flash the watch again with the firmware first reset and then flashi it again, if you still having problem (do’nt install nothing just check the google services and google play store) plz let us know.

I’ve done three times with the same result and it seems I’m not the only one with this issue…

Dec 1, 2017 12:16:07 GMT 1 davefraud said:

Dec 1, 2017 12:03:54 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
ok, that is not normal, flash the watch again with the firmware first reset and then flashi it again, if you still having problem (do’nt install nothing just check the google services and google play store) plz let us know.

I’ve done three times with the same result and it seems I’m not the only one with this issue…

i’m checking…i did’nt flash my watch with the new upgrade i will do that and see if i get the same result but also will notify.

***edit:when you did the upgrade did you choose upgrade option on sp f.tool?

Upgrade

What does it say next to the second google services?
I see you have Clockskin launcher installed.
Can you flash the firmware and install absolutely nothing please.
We need to identify the culprit here.
Thanks

Dec 3, 2017 2:10:57 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
What does it say next to the second google services? I see you have Clockskin launcher installed. Can you flash the firmware and install absolutely nothing please. We need to identify the culprit here. Thanks

It say “ persistent”. I will reset my watch and I’ll post picks thanks

Dec 1, 2017 10:09:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

davefraud

i’m not sure if the info here are in the same hours cos i see different readings.
you have 2 google services and that can only happen if you use social media like FB or Whatsapp and that can cause battery draining really fast. 

Hey guys hope you don't mind that I will hijack the thread .

Seems I have similiar problems with battery it’s getting hamered with screen off.

I don’t use sim card and have only BT on connected to watchdroid.

Only apps I installed are Universal Launcher, Gsam battery mon, settings search, watchdroid.

Now here is a funny story I have… wait for it  3 google play services active according to settings search.

The funny thing is that I didn’t even setup my google play account, didn’t even start google play. All the third party apps were sideloaded from SD card.

I didn’t want to setup google play to get better battery life but seems I failed:)

I have Q7 Finow.

Also Sonia I have downgraded my rom to this one /thread/1750/finow-q7-plus/1750/finow-q7-plus and I choose “download” option in Flashing program is that fine?

Dec 6, 2017 12:16:10 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:

Dec 1, 2017 10:09:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:davefraud

i’m not sure if the info here are in the same hours cos i see different readings.
you have 2 google services and that can only happen if you use social media like FB or Whatsapp and that can cause battery draining really fast. 

Hey guys hope you don't mind that I will hijack the thread .

Seems I have similiar problems with battery it’s getting hamered with screen off.

Only apps I installed are Universal Launcher, Gsam battery mon, settings search, watchdroid.

Now here is a funny story I have… wait for it  3 google play services active according to settings search.

The funny thing is that I didn’t even setup my google play account, didn’t even start google play. All the third party apps were sideloaded from SD card.

I didn’t want to setup google play to get better battery life but seems I failed:)

I have Q7 Finow.

Also Sonia I have downgraded my rom to this one /thread/1750/finow-q7-plus/1750/finow-q7-plus and I choose “download” option in Flashing program is that fine?

do'nt do nothing just reset the watch and notify us if the problem still there.

Dec 6, 2017 12:30:31 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 6, 2017 12:16:10 GMT 1 7arturo7 said:
Hey guys hope you don’t mind that I will hijack the thread .

I have Q7 Finow.

do'nt do nothing just reset the watch and notify us if the problem still there.

I have closed all google play services using GSAM BM and it's been close to 24hrs and not even one has been activated since. So far I seem to have great battery life - used 14% in 4:30 hrs with BT on and about 15 minutes of screen on time. Will keep on checking if it stays that way.

Suerely there is something wrong with google play services. I downgraded it and ‘turned off’ and i have 1% on hour drain and estimation around whole three days.

Dec 17, 2017 14:36:37 GMT 1 Kyokushin said:
Suerely there is something wrong with google play services. I downgraded it and 'turned off' and i have 1% on hour drain and estimation around whole three days.

There is no one size fits all and there are other ways to deal with this but I have used Hibernation Manager on all my Android watches to turn off Google Play Services and other non essential apps when the watch is asleep. And as I have documented in the several battery tests I have run on this Forum I get about 20+ hours of run time on my watches. Simple to use and works for me.

Update:
50 hours, and still have 61%

Update2:
90 hours, and still have 15%

Update3:
101 hours, and still have 1%

Update4:
With latest google play services and store, same as above…

Update5:
On latest google play:
106 hours, and still have 16%…

Dec 17, 2017 15:22:58 GMT 1 Kyokushin said:
Update: 50 hours, and still have 61%

Update2:
90 hours, and still have 15%

Update3:
101 hours, and still have 1%

Update4:
With latest google play services and store, same as above…

Update5:
On latest google play:
106 hours, and still have 16%…

Let me understand…which phone function have you on e which off?
My best battery life it’s 7hr

Dec 26, 2017 17:07:35 GMT 1 davefraud said:
Dec 17, 2017 15:22:58 GMT 1 Kyokushin said:

Let me understand...which phone function have you on e which off? My best battery life it’s 7hr

are you using 3g?

Dec 26, 2017 17:42:51 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 26, 2017 17:07:35 GMT 1 davefraud said:
Let me understand…which phone function have you on e which off?
My best battery life it’s 7hr

are you using 3g?

Yes 3g and no Bluetooth connection for notification

Dec 26, 2017 20:32:27 GMT 1 davefraud said:

Dec 26, 2017 17:42:51 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

disable any sync and updates on google play store and any app that does that, this drains faster the battery. try using 2g most of the time even though you are using data connection.

Dec 26, 2017 20:42:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 26, 2017 20:32:27 GMT 1 davefraud said:

disable any sync and updates on google play store and any app that does that, this drains faster the battery. try using 2g most of the time even though you are using data connection.

It’s the same: on from 9am

I had everything off. I just wanted to ‘format’ battery. Its best to charge when it is turned off, then discarge at lowest power consumption. Around 3-4 cycles and you will gain more power from battery. I am doing it since years (i know modern batteries do not need it in theory), but finally, my friends ceelphones are working 1-2 days and mine always 2-3 with same usage.
Record was 114 hours uptime.

Dec 27, 2017 11:52:26 GMT 1 davefraud said:

Dec 26, 2017 20:42:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

you got from 100% to 39% in just few hours??? that is not correct, reset the watch and use only 3g without any apps then we'll know what causing it. do'nt set accounts just use the 3g.

Dec 27, 2017 20:12:51 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 27, 2017 11:52:26 GMT 1 davefraud said:

you got from 100% to 39% in just few hours😧 that is not correct, reset the watch and use only 3g without any apps then we’ll know what causing it. do’nt set accounts just use the 3g.

No chance…after the reset I started my whatch fully charged at 9am and now it’s 3.30pm I ve 9% only 3g and no apps

I have the same problem. my W1´s battery only lasts about 3 hours.