Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

Well if it’s any consolation @Miguel_Rodriguez1, you certainly didn’t bother me mate! :+1: I thought that you were joking mate and so answered with that rubbish about me not being able to afford my watch! :rofl: But I always look for the humor in any post. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Hey @pablo11 You can only call them as you see them mate! :+1: And if it was a mistake, then it was a mistake made in the interests of the Forum and it’s members and no one can argue with those motives My Friend! Cheers, Doons

4 Likes

I usually find that DHL is very fast UNTIL it reaches Australia. DHL Australia usually moves at a glacial pace. Actually, that’s being unfair to glaciers.

4 Likes

Hey @SmartWatch_Ticks, when do you expect to be ready with a review ? :yum:

1 Like

He hasn’t got the watch yet.
Like us, he’s waiting for it to arrive.
Should be a few days longer than official shipping from Aliexpress.

2 Likes

You’re welcome… It looks great, but I’ll wait gor a rectangular one. Better for apps.
N

1 Like

I fully agree. Square screen and much more battery capacity, so it can last a full day with mobile and WiFi both activated. The Prime 2 actually does a really good job with the FAW firmware :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I am fairly sure that this model will last at least a full day with both the Sim and Wi-Fi activated.
I’ve tested it on my dev board (which is the same but not as much ram) and the latest firmware on the watch is very good at controlling power usage.
The Unisoc chip used in this is very efficient and you can search up about it on the Web.
I’m hoping that the new board with more ram will be as good.
Just my opinion though :handshake:

8 Likes

I really hope it will :crossed_fingers:
But I have seen before that we have very different result of enabling Mobile data, and I have concluded that it can be because I live in an area where the watch is struggling all day to keep a connection with the tower. So my experience cannot be generalized, I know, I just hope it will work for me as good as the Prime 2 does now on FAW firmware, which solved the problem for me. I guess it depends both on battery, efficiency of the chips and the antenna design of the specific watch…

So far I’ve seen, the LEM16 APPLLP 2 pro, APPLLP 4 pro, and a Z40 listed on Ali Express exact same specs similar prices. Is anyone willing to fill in the blanks on the customer support between Lemfo and Lokmat?

Already said this above…

As far as filling in the blanks, what do you need to know exactly?

2 Likes

Is any company better at providing tech support for repairing or replacing watches when they malfunction. Does either have a better track record for firmware updates?

2 Likes

To be clear, a firmware update is only issued to fix a problem.
No problem = no update.
All the watches get an OTA from the same solution provider who works with us on the FAW firmware solution.

So any Z40 solution will get an OTA if a problem is found… Regardless of the brand name.

Both Lokmat and Lemfo are about the same for customer service.
We have a relationship with both of them, just longer with lemfo because they have been around for a long time now.
Lokmat is a relatively new brand name.

By the way,
I will open up separate support threads for both of these brands in the coming days.
Cheers.

3 Likes

For the benefit of those who are interested…
These were the first 5 customers who will receive the free BT watch.

Screenshot_2022-07-29-16-10-31-48

5 Likes

Apologies for the bad formatting…

not for me, not bothered about extra ram or rom, nor even android 11

still think the optimus 2 is the best smartwatch on the market, and can only be bested by an optimus 2 in rectangular format

2 Likes

Which charging cable is compatible with the Lemfo LEM16? (There is a post above about which charging cables not to use.)
Thanks!

We can’t answer that question until we’ve received our samples. However, I suspect that it should be compatible with the charging cables of the other Lemfo Watches. But this is a guess. We’ll report when we know for sure.

4 Likes

I would need a watch for AndroidAPS and xdrip. I would use two Bluetooth connections. Can this watch hold for a day?

androidaps is an artificial pancreas for diabetes, it would connect to an blood sugar sensor and a insulin pump through Bluetooth.

No comment.

1 Like