Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

How long did it take to install? Mine is stuck on installing for the past 10 or so.

Edit: never mind the blue bar is now starting to fill rather than flash so i think its working :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thats correct . The longest update ever :+1:

4 Likes

Just made a WhatsApp call and camera back the right way now so happy days :blush:

3 Likes

yes took ages to install

yes the upside down camera problem has been fixed,also the animated stock watch faces work now also…

3 Likes

Hello sir is the lokmat appllp 4 pro firmware compatible with lokmat appllp 2 pro. I have the 2 pro and there were issue with messenger video call its upside down.

LEM16 OTA will not work on another watch because the image signatures are different and the meta data is different.
Not to mention the firmware build number of course.
There will be an OTA for the APPLLP 2 and 4 pro soon if Lokmat asks for it.

1 Like

@Logan1 yep - as I said - it was on the way :+1:

Latest full firmware version v1.4 for LEM16 added to the top post.

Take note ALL:
I would be very cautious about trying to flash to unbranded Z40 or the APPLLP 2pro Z40.
It is very possible that the touch panel is different and once you cannot use touch - flashing firmware becomes very challenging indeed.

4 Likes

Thanks to you and all other admin for conveying our problems to them and getting us the update ,much appreciated

1 Like

By the way everyone - don’t forget to make a factory reset after updating with the OTA.

If you choose not to reset, please don’t report any bugs.
Bugs nearly always come from not resetting after an OTA.

6 Likes

It’s boring to have do a factory reset after update because have to remake all the configuration after…

Oh, you don’t have to do that. If it works for you without a reset - everything is fine.
However, if problems arise - these are of interest to us only if a reset was carried out after the update.

4 Likes

Hi there, i am using Lemfo Lem16 and connecting to my car via bluetooth. If i open youtube music on the watch i can use the in car controls to skip etc. But when i click the cars voice button to activate google assistant, my watch screen comes on and assistant is there waiting for my command, but she doesnt seem to hear me. Ive got an old android watch which works fine, so just wondering if anyone else had this issue and any ideas.
Thanks in advance.

@potshot2k4
Have you installed the Google assistant app?
Not the one in the stock firmware.
The stock assistant app is not good.

If you have installed the Google assistant, you can set the permissions properly.
Don’t forget, this is a custom version of Android 11 and some of the framework tweaks may clash with the app.
However, I have found that usually it is a permission - like microphone access for example - that needs to be set manually.
Set unrestricted data access for the app as well as making sure that the clean task app is disabled in the Optimisation app.
Good luck :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for replying.
Ive installed assistant from the play store and im unable to set permissions up at it is greyed out for assistant app.

I have just changed to allow unrestricted access as that wasn’t on, and also the clean task i had that unticked for a few apps including assistant, but when i checked it was green again so ive removed it for all. I will have to have a play in my car later and see if that sorts it.
Thanks v much for your help.

2 Likes

That’s correct, the real google assistant app has no need to set regular permissions.
It is the Clean Task and Data Restrictions that matter - so you have done the right thing :+1:
You can try to find an accessibility menu app from the play store to access the hidden accessibility menu and check the Assistant permissions in there as well.

If it still doesn’t work properly after that, I’m not sure what you could do :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks again :+1:, no joy as yet but i will keep trying. It’s definitely something simple as i can press assistant on the watch whilst connected to car and talk that way no problem, (i couldn’t even do that yesterday, so moving forwards) but she is still deaf when i press the car button. I appreciate all your help thanks

3 Likes

I can confirm the firmware of lokmat appllp 2 pro and 4 pro is compatible tried flashing already my 2 pro with 4 pro firmware, and as per lokmat official store customer service in aliexpress said its the same and compatible, the only difference is the bezel and the Bluetooth name. and by the way sir i read your previous comment that you’ve tried already to flash the lemfo with lokmat appllp 4 firmware and is compatible. I asked the official store also if they can confirm that this new lemfo lemp 16 v1.4 firmware will be compatible with lokmat but still no response. My previous firmware was v1.1 having problem with upside down camera when using Facebook messenger video calling, then upgraded to 1.3 still the problem is not fix.

V1.4 is available. It solves this problem.

But my watch is lokmat sir the only firmware v1.4 there is lemfo i just want to confirmed first if i can use the lemfo v1.4 firmware to lokmat. Which has the fixed to this upside down camera sorry im new to android watch

This my only reference:
Continuing the discussion from Lemfo Lem 16 updates: