Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

If we’re talking future watches, I don’t suppose you could bring up putting the camera in landscape orientation? This has been bugging me for years.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t need either landscape or portrait format. :wink:

3 Likes

That seems to be repeated frequently, but we are some who like to use the camera, and find it handy to have in a situation where it is needed to document something, and the phone is not with us. Therefore improvements will benefit some of us, and I am sure the advertisement value of the cameras sell many watches :ok_hand:

4 Likes

That’s why I said “personally”… :wink:

4 Likes

I was enamored with the advertisement value of the camera, and in 1-1/2 years I have used the camera exactly zero times (except for testing it) :joy:

5 Likes

I don’t use it much either, but the Prime 2 camera is actually quite useful, and especially one of these pictures of my dog is my favourite over pictures I took with other cameras.

And I do feel good that I have a camera available, should I need to document a traffic accident or something. Now those too are not something which happens every day, but it feels good to be able to do it.

4 Likes

For me the camera is great!!! For example Super useful to make video calls when you don’t have the Smartphone, or as you mention taking photos, etc. If they start to manufacture them without a camera, I would directly stop buying these Smartwatches and buy a Samsung Galaxy watch-type Smartwatch, or a Xiaomi one, where the health, step and sports sensors are much more precise. For me the camera has a very important added value.

3 Likes

Love the watch specs and any buyer will be very happy with it, especially the great storage size. While most people posting here have no interest or need for the camera, hope the following helps for those few interested in main camera usability.

As mentioned by others here, the true size of side camera is 5 MP (not 8 MP). Mr Ticks review 1 Sept of LOKMAT APPLLP 4 Pro (LEM 16) showed image details which were 1,944x2,595, which equals 5,038,848 pixels or 5 MP.
Yes 5 MP will do for very casual use. But based on my experience with my LOKMAT APPLLP 4 (aka LEM15), limitations really show up (compared to a true 8 MP camera) when light not perfect, the video frame rate will drop from a poor 14 frames per second to an unusable 9 frames per second.
As a comparison, my old LEM X does a true 8 MP (for image size 2448 x 3264 = 7990272 or 8 MP) and maintains 25 frames per second even in low light.
But as I said most people posting here have no interest or need for the camera.

3 Likes

The camera on the side is 5mp hardware as mentioned several times…
Amazingly, the front camera is only 0.3mp but seems perfectly adequate for the job in my opinion…
But then again, I never use them.
Just tested them.
You can use a hardware info app from the play store to check these details.
The power profile will be incorrect but otherwise its an accurate report.

UNISOC_LEM16.pdf (33.0 KB)

2 Likes

I’ve also checked mine using Device Info HW+ (so the report is more or less the same), but what’s funny IMO is the battery profile, which is 3,600mAh - let’s hope that also will be fixed in the next FW! (Not that it would matter too much to have a 4x number, the built-in charging controller takes care of the battery without Android’s help.)

Experiences after a few days of usage: the “hockey puck” charger works, but not continuously: it always stop charging the watch seemingly random, so it charged 5%, then 15%, then only 1%, then 10%, but always stops charging the watch - it charged it in a few smaller charging sessions from like 47% to 95%, then the power bank’s battery was depleted (I’ve charged it fully, but which is weird, the red charging light blinks sometimes, then it’s on for a while, then blinking again; after 2 hours it was still red, so I’ve removed the charger). So the given battery pack is fine for a backup, but getting another charging cable for the watch and having a 10Ah (or so) power bank while on the go is better.

Another thing: the lite mode (Sports mode instead of 4G) uses 10% of battery, so that would mean a 10 days standby without using the watch, or 5 days of using it in restricted mode, which is nice. :slight_smile: BUT - as @pablo11 and others already stated - this is by no means a fitness watch, and if you don’t wear it, it "easures the heartbeat of the air, or ghosts, or anything I don’t see, because it wasn’t on my wrist today, and both the heartrate and the blood oxygen charts are complete with seemingly correct readings, but since it wasn’t on my wrist, it was on my nightstand table, still weird.

The cameras are nice to have, but I only took a few photos using my past FAWs, this one won’t be an exception - still, there were a few times when my watch was my daily driver phone and I had to record a video or take pictures.

So there are problems with FAWs, but there are problems with watches like my Samsung Galaxy Watch4, which also not flawless. It seems a lot more polished than the LEM16, it wasn’t even more expensive, but the LEM16 is different, it has more potential because of the 6GB of RAM compared to the 1.5GB of the Watch4, it has 128GB of eMMC (kinda fast) storage instead of like 16GB of the Samsung.

There are (almost) flawless watches, like my beloved Garmin Fenix 6X Pro - that one is AWESOME, I have it since the beginning of 2021, and it’s still reliable without quirks and slowdowns. I know, you can’t compare a full Android watch to a dedicated fitness watch, but if big, trusted and reliable brands would make FAWs, they would be a lot more polished - and they would cost more.
like my Garmin Fenix 6X Pro a lot more - that

5 Likes

@StormChild that’s why I said this before…

2 Likes

@StormChild yep, the battle is trying to build a device that can actually stand up to these requirements, using the materials available to these factories.
Having been there and had discussions with all the links in the chain of production - it’s a very different world to the way customers might expect…
But it is still a work in progress

3 Likes

Great software thank you for the info on Device Info HW

I use the camera for reading QR codes and using google lens. I don’t have to pull out my phone.

5 Likes

Is the WiFi connectivity on the shortlist of FW updates ? It would be really nice to have it fixed, that the watch sometimes looses connection, and all that needs to be done is pressing connect in settings. Makes me wonder, why doesn’t the watch retry itself?
There is this confusing mention of forgotten WiFi password sometimes, but if you ignore it and press connect anyway, it works fine, so there was never a problem with the password…

Edit: does my video work for you? I see only a small part of the picture on my phone…

3 Likes

@Dotsfar I can’t reproduce this problem.
Have you set it to automatically reconnect and these settings I mentioned before?

1 Like

OK, so I left a message today on the Lemfo Official Aliexpress page to ask about the bonus BT watch which sadly I have not yet received.
My post office thinks there may be a parcel stuck in Singapore for some reason but I had no tracking number to provide them to confirm. Anyway, I will now wait and see what response I get from Lemfo

Did you send me your order number?
I don’t remember seeing a message with that detail?

I never had the problem with Prime, Prime 2 or Ticwris Max, in the same wlan.
Another user reported it here:

Regarding the settings, just to be clear, are we talk about these two ?

The Auto-Connect was default on, but the Privacy was set to random Mac, I have changed that now so let’s see.

1 Like

@Dotsfar yes - these are the settings.
Setting to unmetered connection and “use device MAC” is better for modern, more secure Wi-Fi equipment.
I’m not saying that it hasn’t happened for you by the way.
I’m just saying that I can’t make it happen.
I think @Dr_Andy_Vishnu had a similar experience when he first got his… But I don’t think it is still happening…?

3 Likes