Android 11 is here! Lokmat APPLLP 2&4 Pro and LEM16 Z40 models

@Dotsfar yes - these are the settings.
Setting to unmetered connection and “use device MAC” is better for modern, more secure Wi-Fi equipment.
I’m not saying that it hasn’t happened for you by the way.
I’m just saying that I can’t make it happen.
I think @Dr_Andy_Vishnu had a similar experience when he first got his… But I don’t think it is still happening…?

3 Likes

In my case, the problem occurred only once, since then I have had no problems with wifi or lift to wake

2 Likes

Do you have SIM and WiFi enabled simultaneously?

1 Like

As below . I had this issue once and not since ? I have tried to replicate the issue with no joy

2 Likes

Do you have a SIM fitted and active ? I am not sure, but I have a suspicion that it occurs more frequently or only when both WiFi and SIM is active.

1 Like

Only wifi…

1 Like

Sim and wifi always on

3 Likes

Thx, have you set unmetered and device Mac ? Or just have default for these settings?

Could it be that the watch can’t handle roaming between different accesspoints with same name in same WLAN, and thinks it is just communicating with the same one ? Well, not can’t handle, but occasionally experience a problem when in this setup…

1 Like

yes, I think that could be the reason

btw, I was just at the post office and picked up my own lem 16

7 Likes

Congrats :+1:

3 Likes

A small experience about the fitness capabilities of the LEM16: I had my Garmin Fenix 6X Pro on my left wrist and the LEM16 on the right, and after a 13.3 km walk the LEM16 showed about 350m less (sorry, I’m a bit tired to convert it to miles and feet :slight_smile:), which is not that bad.

About the power consumption of a 2.5 hours walk like this consumed 5% on the Fenix and about 45% on the LEM16, so you can track your occasional walks on the LEMFO, but for more precise GPS and health tracking the Garmin is in a very different league.

Comparing the LEM16 to the Samsung Galaxy Watch4 the difference is a lot smaller, the Watch4 also depletes the battery like mad (over 10% / hour using the GPS) while being a lot less precise than the Garmin. (I have a few tracks I know their length to meter precision, and my Polar M400 in around 2014, then Amazfit Pace and Stratos displayed the same distance, as well as my phones and the Fenix 6X Pro.)

About the wifi issue (or what): when I switch to 4G mode from Sports mode, the wifi is on, but never connects automatically until I go to the wifi settings, and when the list of available networks is shown, the LEM16 automatically connects to one of my saved networks.

@pablo11: let’s hope the FW development team will be able to get the proper driver of the digitizer to let us have the double tap to wake gesture, which I missed a lot - my Galaxy Watch4 has it, as well as my phone, my smartbands, etc.

4 Likes

That’s one reason why I always say to use the device MAC address.
Many routers and Access Points have MAC spoofing protection enabled.
Mine does…
I have Sim and Wi-Fi on and do not have this issue roaming between Access Points for Wi-Fi.
But if mac address changed while keeping the same ip address, I would have a problem.

2 Likes

As I said before, they are thinking about it but at the moment they are all in lock down again.
One thing that would help is if people wrote to Lemfo and Lokmat and tell them that this is a feature that you think is important and the hardware supports it.

Lemfo and Lokmat are customers of the factory which is a customer for the people who I work with.

So end users need to ask the brands for these functions and then up the chain it goes.

I have asked the solution provider and they will look into it, but if it comes as a request from the brands - it is more important.

2 Likes

4 Likes

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu good to hear that you don’t have the mac spoofing protection on your home Wi-Fi… :+1:
It’s not something all networks have and it’s just a recommendation to use the device MAC address.
It is vital for me because my router enforces this rule through the access points as well.
Otherwise I would have the same problem @Dotsfar has.

What I would say though is that when you are out and about using Wi-Fi hot spots like maccas, for example - it is better to switch to random mac.
Thanks @Dr_Andy_Vishnu :+1:

2 Likes

Very glad to hear this… :+1:
You have been with us for so long that you are pretty much an honorary moderator :ok_hand::ok_hand:
Let us know if you have any interest in becoming one. :ok_hand::handshake::handshake:

5 Likes

@noidremained by the way, it’s all good.
It is an invitation, not a problem if you are busy.
We totally understand :handshake:

Took your advice and brought up camera orientation in my review on AliExpress. I’ll do this for every new watch that gets it wrong.

3 Likes

This is the way it is supposed to work.
It is after all, an extreme battery saving mode. So auto reconnect is disabled using this mode.
So a reboot after leaving sports mode is the best way.

Mr Ticks review added to the first post.
Full review, but has not had the firmware update yet

5 Likes