A new watch is needed, after the summer... What to buy now?

Just to be sure… What’re models that suffer of cracking / breaking spare part?

• Kospet Optimus Pro

I would imagine most would if you try hard enough. I have never had the problem with the 10+ watches I’ve owned.

Buy a Prime my friend, you want regret it… I would suggest you to buy the 1gb+16gb, if you don’t use Google assistant. Same performance as the 3+32gb version and longer lasting battery.

3 Likes

Thx. Infact Kospet Prime is one of my preferred models at the moment. Anyway I’m really interested to another one too, Lemfo LEM10. It looks really nice :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The Lem10 is currently the best square watch out there . Build quality has a premium feel and fabric strap is the most comfortable i have worn . Had a few good recent updates to firmware also.

2 Likes

Prime SE its a good choice. I have to tell you that the size on gb it’s just one of the diferences…

You have to know that there are not the same update releases as for the Prime 3 +32.
And you probably have to flash it because there some owners of the SE such as me that dont get OTA updates.
Anyway, its a goodlooking watch and a good machine.
As standalone never failed me

2 Likes

Yep thx, I wish a square watch 'cause I’ve had only round watch up to now and in these last year. So it’s just to try something different :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I have Microwear H8 about around USD93.50 from local seller. as for waterproof I using it except for taking a bath. The firmware I got dated back to february 2019 but it has google play store preinstalled. Like many people says the best watch perhaps kospet prime or optimus but my preference match yours.
I want IP68 waterproof, and based on mr.ticks review on microwear watch it seems the build by the company is pretty solid.
it’s cheaper than prime SE around USD25 and around 60% price of prime and optimus pro. the other IP68 watch doesn’t have MT6739 or not available on my country so I skipped it. shame that H7 only MT6737, android 6.0 and higher price than H8 here. if not i will buy it.

1 Like

Waterproofing is always a talking point with all these watches . Most dont do what they say . However i have today recieved a Rollmee S08 ( check out its waterproof claims ). I can confirm my good friend @G1NT0N1C has swam with his with no issues . However there a few conflicting youtube videos. The S08 is a great watch along with the prime and lem12 . Wait and see

2 Likes

Interesting but unfortunately I’ve never found a nice place to buy it :pensive: From which shop u bought it ?

local online shop in my country, and I am pretty sure they are not shipping worldwide, only local.
the H8 is fairly old and can be categorized as relics lol :sweat_smile: since the newest firmware is from february 2019 and the company is not exist anymore.

This is a M04 rebadged as a H8.
Both times sold by Microwear brand.
Inside it is the same as the Kospet Hope.
It is no longer on sale and if it is - it should not be.

Just so you all know - the Madgaze watch is also the same inside as the Kospet hope.
Only difference in the madgaze is that they have a Gyro sensor added… :joy::joy:

I have a Kospet Prime 3gb+32gb since last December. I am super happy with it and the only concern is the power button that becomes softer and softer…I’m planning to open the watch, when the power button will not respond (i don’t have to loose anything after all). I was thinking also to buy a new watch and i was between Prime SE and Rollme S08. I hate the S08 design (especially the buttons, although i have read in this forum that they don’t have the Prime buttons problem), but i would choose it if i was sure about the IP68 thing…So, i chose the Prime SE and i found it at 85 euros, which i think is a super deal :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes, that is a good deal indeed.
Worth the money :+1:

1 Like

By the way people,
Black Friday and Monday shopping madness is coming up.
Not too far away now.
My advice for anyone looking for a new device is wait for this.
Prices will be lower than ever this year :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

I received my Kospet Optimus Pro now, first impression is positive:

• Great AMOLED display (1.39" 454x454).
  • No misleading marketing like some other brands (the 5.0MP camera is at least mentioned)
  • Smaller design with a decently sized battery.
  • So far my favorite of all tested watches (Kospet Prime, Lemfo Lem12, Rollme S08).

Here is a overview of all current MT6739 Smartwatches.

The only concerning point is the materials quality issue, will be interesting to see if this has been addressed in recent revisions.

Well, for the moment I’m thinking to order a Microwear H8 for only 95 €. It’s the only alternative to the Rollme S08 speaking about IP68 ( I wish an IP68 watch in order to get free of my smartphone during the winter when I go to the swimming pool ).

Good luck.
It has been out of production for a while now and that’s why the firmware is so old.
Early 2019.

Why not wait for the sales and get something a bit more up to date and for “hopefully” a good price.?

In my opinion…

2 Likes

U’ve right but other products, as I’ve seen, follow the trends of the IP65 / IP67. There’re just a couple of IP68 watches, don’t know if the next future some new IP68 watch will be presented…

Yeah, in my opinion getting a newer one should be better. But hey, IPx8 features is just that good for many usage scenario.

1 Like