Zeblaze thor pro rant (several problems)

Hi guys.

Long time android user here that recently switched to iphone(wanted to try something different:p). So anyway, after seeing the thor pro was compatible with the iPhone I decided to go for it and bought it. The watch is actually quite good for the price, but zeblaze support is terrible, it’s like they are deliberately trying to make the software worse lol. Here is a list of issues I have with the watch:

• When plugged in to charger (while the watch is turned on), for some reason it randomly shuts down. This has also been confirmed happening to another user on this forum (can’t remember the name). Another user suggested it might have been due to heating but i dont know if that is the case, because I have had it happen after being charged to 100% and when the battery reaches this percentage it stops taking charge and no heat is produced?

• the app to connect is really really bad for the iPhone (and from the reviews of the Android version it’s also terrible on Android lol). The app can’t keep the connection on after either the phone or watch reboots. I have to go through the pairing process again everytime I reboot either one (which is a pain in the ass because as I mentioned above the watch shuts down when charging after a while). As if this wasn’t enough, the wiiwatch app keeps my iPhone awake (cpu wakelock) and drains a lot of battery. It’s just poor app design because previously I had an amazfit pace and used their dedicated app and had absolutely no issues.

• my watch came with a firmware version from June or July but for the reasons above, I decided to flash the firmware found by some user in this forum and noticed it was dated from may. After seeing it did not solve the issue, I went to wifi updates to go back to the version I had before and it tells me there is no new version (so where is the version I had before??)

• Also, my screen sometimes seems like it gets stuck between animations, like dropping down the control center or making it go back up, the swipe gets stuck half way (if you dont understand what I mean I can post a picture because it happens several times. Also, the scrolling through apps seems way to sensitive, sometimes I just want to scroll by 2 or 3 apps and end up scrolling like 8 with a small gesture.

• Another thing is the launcher, there is no way to reorder apps (I know there is another way to use other launcher but this should be a basic thing)

I know it’s a very cheap watch but there is no reason for some of the issues…

Am I the only one with these issues??

Sept 10, 2018 19:05:29 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
Hi guys.

Long time android user here that recently switched to iphone(wanted to try something different:p). So anyway, after seeing the thor pro was compatible with the iPhone I decided to go for it and bought it. The watch is actually quite good for the price, but zeblaze support is terrible, it’s like they are deliberately trying to make the software worse lol.
that is why we here:)

Here is a list of issues I have with the watch:

• When plugged in to charger (while the watch is turned on), for some reason it randomly shuts down. This has also been confirmed happening to another user on this forum (can’t remember the name). Another user suggested it might have been due to heating but i dont know if that is the case, because I have had it happen after being charged to 100% and when the battery reaches this percentage it stops taking charge and no heat is produced?
    did you try and see if it happens after reset the watch? also check in what % does it start to happen.
- the app to connect is really really bad for the iPhone (and from the reviews of the Android version it's also terrible on Android lol). The app can't keep the connection on after either the phone or watch reboots. I have to go through the pairing process again everytime I reboot either one (which is a pain in the ass because as I mentioned above the watch shuts down when charging after a while). As if this wasn't enough, the wiiwatch app keeps my iPhone awake (cpu wakelock) and drains a lot of battery. It's just poor app design because previously I had an amazfit pace and used their dedicated app and had absolutely no issues. you have iphone that is the problem:) sorry but it is more with IOS then the watch software and also for android users there are better choices that you can't use cos it is'nt on the apps store. - my watch came with a firmware version from June or July but for the reasons above, I decided to flash the firmware found by some user in this forum and noticed it was dated from may. After seeing it did not solve the issue, I went to wifi updates to go back to the version I had before and it tells me there is no new version (so where is the version I had before??) did you use upgrade when you've flashed?  ***will check about FW. - Also, my screen sometimes seems like it gets stuck between animations, like dropping down the control center or making it go back up, the swipe gets stuck half way (if you dont understand what I mean I can post a picture because it happens several times. Also, the scrolling through apps seems way to sensitive, sometimes I just want to scroll by 2 or 3 apps and end up scrolling like 8 with a small gesture. It will be better to it with video to understand better.
  • Another thing is the launcher, there is no way to reorder apps (I know there is another way to use other launcher but this should be a basic thing)
    use Eric’s launcher:)
    I know it’s a very cheap watch but there is no reason for some of the issues…
    cheap but good watch so you need to learn how to work with it.

Am I the only one with these issues?? maybe and maybe not:) we’ll see from the video.

Sept 10, 2018 19:15:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 10, 2018 19:05:29 GMT 1 migueldbr said:

The shutdown when charging seems to be a bit random but if I’m not mistaken, more like 80%+.

I know the iPhone limits the watch and apps that can be used, but if it says it’s compatible with ios then the app should not cause this bad battery drain. Is there any way to contact the developer through email or something more direct?

I will try to capture the swipe bug next time.

I will also check out Eric’s launcher, thanks

migueldbr

look for updates on the playstore for the app.

that is weird that should’nt happen have you tried reset the watch and see if it still happens?

i am happy owner of the pro, yes in the beginning i have some problems with animation stuck,because the display fresh rate pablo11 mention that problem but it doesn’t bother me, i am iphone user and the companion app to me doesn’t drain the battery in my iphone i do charge every nite as normal, mine is root with magisk and i got couples module install it, dont remember now,but if you want it i will look,i got more the 9 hour a day with bluetooth and airplane mode on,remember you need to connect the app companion and connect your iphone too, two separate things, mostly of times the phone not the app get disconnect it and i am using an app on the watch call auto bluetooth look in play store and so far is doing a good job, your still get disconnect but you will find out a easy way to connect it again you need to play around with both devices, remember is android and IOS.

yeah Zeblaze,no good with update on this watch,never update my watch and it have a lot if potential and a lot of peoples like it.
I am using the latest update of Eric’s launcher wit animation support and i love it, no problems so far,never do.

leafar

you getting only 8hrs of usage? what are you using? that still not normal.

i use 2 activities trackers with sleep and gps\3g are always on and i use wifi and BT at least 2hrs a day and still i get 15hrs a day and if i do’nt listen to music i get way more. i do’nt do auto updates or synchronization to apps especially to google apps.

Sept 10, 2018 22:03:38 GMT 1 leafar said:
i am happy owner of the pro, yes in the beginning i have some problems with animation stuck,because the display fresh rate pablo11 mention that problem but it doesn't bother me, i am iphone user and the companion app to me doesn't drain the battery in my iphone i do charge every nite as normal, mine is root with magisk and i got couples module install it, dont remember now,but if you want it i will look,i got more the 9 hour a day with bluetooth and airplane mode on,remember you need to connect the app companion and connect your iphone too, two separate things, mostly of times the phone not the app get disconnect it and i am using an app on the watch call auto bluetooth look in play store and so far is doing a good job, your still get disconnect but you will find out a easy way to connect it again you need to play around with both devices, remember is android and IOS.

Ok so you don’t have any issues with draining on the iPhone? Can you please check “settings–battery” and scroll down to the end on your iPhone and tell me your usage time and standby time? Because on my iphone they are almost the same (usage time should be much lower if everything is OK).

How do you know it’s the refresh rate of the screen? Is it fixable?

Sonia: i get i think 10 hours a day because i got 5 app running,autobluetooth,recently,setcpu,wiiwatch ,bluetooth and airplane mode all day on of course Eric’s launcher,high screen bright display,volume booster app on too ,app sensor sometimes and i dont know is magisk module consume battery. no google at all,sometimes to update some app over wifi.
Miguel: No. the screen fresh rate is just fixable with an update from zeblaze . i will check my iphone tomorrow,because today is day off.

Sept 10, 2018 23:01:26 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
Sept 10, 2018 22:03:38 GMT 1 leafar said:

Yeah you right about it, didn’t notice it takes between 27 to 29% of the battery, is a lot, but what we can do, is IOS, or maybe wait for WiiWatch 2, I don’t think 🤔 so.
Sept 11, 2018 16:37:08 GMT 1 leafar said:
Sept 10, 2018 23:01:26 GMT 1 migueldbr said:

Yeah you right about it, didn’t notice it takes between 27 to 29% of the battery, is a lot, but what we can do, is IOS, or maybe wait for WiiWatch 2, I don’t think 🤔 so.

The problem is not ios, the problem is the horrible app. As I said before I had an amazfit pace with had a similar app to make the connection and didn’t had any of these issues…

BTW regarding the screen refresh rate, is there any way to contact zeblaze? Do they even know it’s an issue? It’s kinda annoying actually, it happens several times on my watch…

Here is the swipe issue I mentioned earlier: ibb.co/f8XG79

The swipe gets stuck between transitions.

Sept 10, 2018 20:12:55 GMT 1 migueldbr said:

Sept 10, 2018 19:15:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

The shutdown when charging seems to be a bit random but if I’m not mistaken, more like 80%+.

I know the iPhone limits the watch and apps that can be used, but if it says it’s compatible with ios then the app should not cause this bad battery drain. Is there any way to contact the developer through email or something more direct?

I will try to capture the swipe bug next time.

I will also check out Eric’s launcher, thanks

Hi Guys.Can you plz tell me how can i root my thor Pro 3 ?

fastlame

go to open watch project and look for twrp if there is for it, if not try ask kindly if they can work on one for the watch.

Sept 13, 2018 17:06:51 GMT 1 fastlame said:
Hi Guys.Can you plz tell me how can i root my thor Pro 3 ?

if you mean "Thor Pro 3G" (not find any other "Thor Pro" on Zeblaze product page), then TWRP is available, codename for this watch is Expanse forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/recovery-twrp-3-2-2-0-t3816674

but for Expanse is not complete zip file, look at more info here:
forum.xda-developers.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/recovery-twrp-3-2-2-0-t3816674/post77384141

Sept 11, 2018 17:43:24 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
Sept 11, 2018 16:37:08 GMT 1 leafar said:

The problem is not ios, the problem is the horrible app. As I said before I had an amazfit pace with had a similar app to make the connection and didn't had any of these issues...

BTW regarding the screen refresh rate, is there any way to contact zeblaze? Do they even know it’s an issue? It’s kinda annoying actually, it happens several times on my watch…

A suggestion on how to solve all your problems. Buy an Apple Watch, these watches run on the Android platform and are designed primarily for use with Android phones. Its apple that is limiting your access not Android.

Sept 23, 2018 14:18:28 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Sept 11, 2018 17:43:24 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
The problem is not ios, the problem is the horrible app. As I said before I had an amazfit pace with had a similar app to make the connection and didn't had any of these issues...

A suggestion on how to solve all your problems. Buy an Apple Watch, these watches run on the Android platform and are designed primarily for use with Android phones. Its apple that is limiting your access not Android.

I don’t care for the Apple watch…its not apple limiting anyone, it’s just poor app development. Otherwise how do you explain other apps for other watches (like the amazfit for example) working perfectly on iphone? The amazfit is also android system. We can’t just use apple to excuse everything. Btw the screen problem has nothing to do with using an android or ios phone. So basically none of these issues have anything to do with me using an iPhone really…

Sept 23, 2018 17:16:21 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
Sept 23, 2018 14:18:28 GMT 1 capt jon said:

it does'nt run any android version and no most smartwatches even Wear do'nt run fully or well with ios it is ios limitation, and the screen problem is addressed in different thread and it got nothing to do with notifications apps, Lemfo is just the company that brands the watches they do'nt make them BUT they work hard with the manufacturer to imporve second generations and they do listen to what consumers have to say thanks to pablo11 i know that it is'nt fair that users have gotten default devices but this also was addressed. i have done a comparison today between the samsung gear s3 and the lem x and the truth i prefer the lem x over an expensive watch which basically is bluetooth watch. i love samsung products but i do'nt like some of them like the watches. i most likely got a lem x that is'nt sample cos for me it is perfect and works well.

are you using a sim?

Sept 23, 2018 17:36:01 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 23, 2018 17:16:21 GMT 1 migueldbr said:

it does’nt run any android version and no most smartwatches even Wear do’nt run fully or well with ios it is ios limitation, and the screen problem is addressed in different thread and it got nothing to do with notifications apps, Lemfo is just the company that brands the watches they do’nt make them BUT they work hard with the manufacturer to imporve second generations and they do listen to what consumers have to say thanks to pablo11 i know that it is’nt fair that users have gotten default devices but this also was addressed. i have done a comparison today between the samsung gear s3 and the lem x and the truth i prefer the lem x over an expensive watch which basically is bluetooth watch. i love samsung products but i do’nt like some of them like the watches. i most likely got a lem x that is’nt sample cos for me it is perfect and works well.

are you using a sim?

What do you mean it doesn’t run any android version? I had an amazfit pace before my thor pro and it does have android wear. And the app worked perfectly with my iPhone and ios. That’s why I was comparing both…I know it’s a cheap device and it’s very good, but im just saying that they should work with the app creator and fix the bug that causes massive battery drain on the iPhone…maybe it is solved with wiiwatch 2 app, I don’t know. Anyway I am going to sell my thor pro and buying a Kw88 pro which seems to be quite good and runs android 7

I am not using a Sim card

migueldbr

are you sure the amazfit runs wear? i’ve checked with friend’s watch and it has different os, i might be worng, i’ve asked about sim cos for iphone there are good apps (that i’ve used) that can be used with it and get notifications like pushbullet and pplconnect.

The amazfit bip does not run on wear, but the pace and stratos runs android wear 2! And It runs perfectly! I recommended it to anyone who wants long battery life and a good screen to read outdoors