What is the best Full Android Watch on the market?

It’s actually been a while since I’ve taken notice of battery life. I usually leave everything on except bluetooth, and when battery is low I just pull another watch from the pile.

5 Likes

Well, I am new to the smartwatch world, but I am reading really a ton on the last weeks and I came to the conclusion that there is no best smartwatch: one has the best camera but not totally waterproof, one has a beautiful screen and is detatchable from the wrist but the firmware is awfull, one has the best hardware specs but with a really low camera quality…in the end it depends on what you like the most in a smartwatch: every producer cutted some edge somewhere in theyr flagship, there is no watch that has “the best of everything”, so you have to accept compromise: what do you want to use it for the most, gaming and multimedia? Then forget the camera. Do you want it to use for video calls, picture and videos? Then forget a fully secure waterproof. Every flagship is the best on something, but noone is the best in everything. Hope I helped.

3 Likes

Hi everyone… I’m new here even though I’ve been following the forum for a year, I’ve had the Kospet prime 2 for almost a year now and they’re really great. Nevertheless, I’m looking for a more compact and elegant version … As I have trouble getting into the sleeves and often get caught on something somewhere … I choose from 2 O2 and hem 16, there is probably no need to deal with the kospet, it will be the same, only smaller … But Does the Lem 16 900mah battery last at least 1 day with active use? What are the photos from the main camera? and you can’t see the wrist on them because it seems to me that I have to bend my hand senselessly… I can find a lot about the kospet but almost nothing about Lem… I’m from the Czech Republic and there’s not much full android to be seen here, neither in stores nor for people… if anyone has any info or a link to an interesting review that doesn’t just have a youtube video… I’d rather read it in peace. if so, how are they doing with water resistance??.. thank you

3 Likes

So far Z40 watches as the Lem16 and APPLP 4 Pro have very good battery consumption, it will last a day for sure unless you keep the screen on a whole day or force heavy cellular data in a place with poor reception. You should always consider what is your definition of “active use”.

Photos are OK, O2 camera is still better in same light conditions but that’s due to the sensor chip.

Water resistance is a NO, always. I’d never recommend any of the FAW watches to test it under water, unless it’s LEM14 which was advertised as water resistant IP68 and even then I’d hesitate to test it under heavy water like a pool or something like that.

4 Likes

active users, I try to eliminate the use of the phone to a minimum, when I’m not at work I’m only on my watch … a few calls a day, a lot of texting on massanger and whatsapp and here and there something that comes out of it … currently I can last the whole weekend with the battery. … and as for water resistance, it is about hand washing and rain … now I am very careful about everything because the prime 2 has many holes where things can get in…

1 Like

Well you seem to use it just like I do myself on my Optimus 2, which is currently my full phone replacement. You should be fine for the whole day, my O2 last a whole day and half or two depending on how much I have to use it and Z40, despite their 900mAh battery, should be lasting about the same with a much efficient SoC.

Bad reception is something to avoid if you use SIM as cellphones must increase their antenna potency to keep alive the cellular network, also considering that these watches have really small antennas it gets tricky for these devices to maintain a good signal compared to a full phone

Water is a no, as even very humid ambient can affect these things. It’s more a matter of luck rather than design to keep water away from the insides so I wouldn’t take a chance. I’ve seen watches dying from the steam of showers.

1 Like

I don’t have a problem with the signal, I live in the city… but when I read the forum, there is a lot of negative information about the optimus 2 and there is not much about the lem16… I would like everything to work like on the completely problem-free prime 2… well, I will still give time to study information before I exchange … thanks for the info

1 Like

There are no issues with the O2 at all as long as not used as a fitness device ( this is a no no ). The stock firmware is the best i have used and battery life is brilliant.

1 Like

I read about the quality of the side buttons and that the camera cable disconnects… and that the system is not fine-tuned, which, given the age of the conversation, may already be resolved… if that’s okay, I would welcome a better camera with a top location because I’m used to it …And I have also seen versions of 64gb and 128gb memory, so what is the truth? or are there both versions… thank you

It’s correct, there are two versions. 64 and 128GB.

It makes sense to buy the latest higher GB version. One of our moderators @G1NT0N1C has one. The latest firmware is fine tuned and the early button problems ( which i had also ) seem to have been resolved.
Again i would presume the same with the camera connector :+1:

2 Likes

I have the 128GB too (Says pro in the inner part) and they fixed the issue with the keys. More than 1 year of daily use and they are strong as the first month. I cannot say the same for my old 64GB O2, as over the time the power key went loose and it rocks back and forth (It works tho)

Camera flex might also be fixed, it’s just about a millimeter longer than previous O2 batches, I guess enough to not create pressure over the board connector

2 Likes

I can recommend you the Lemfo LEMP, also known as DM30 actually.

It’s an Android 9.1 watch, with 5+5 mpx camera (front + top located) and at least to me it’s a very elegant smartwatch and was one of the main reasons I’ve chosen it one and a half year ago and I’m totally happy with it until today.
I’ve written too much about it and the advantages I found on it over the rest of models on other posts, maybe you can find them or I could find them later and paste here the links.

I get one and a half day of battery working on 3g mode if you wanna know, and up to five days if I put it on airplane/sports mode.

1 Like

Yep, I have both 64gb and 128gb versions and the new 128gb version is indeed much better and optimised/refined.
I really like the watch as it satisfies all that I expect from an Android watch.
Personally, I don’t use the camera but I believe, as @Noispirit said that the issue with the ribbon cable being slightly too short has been fixed.
@Michal_Vostatek these are my observations anyway :+1:

3 Likes

thank you for the observations, I would also like to know if the volume control is somehow resolved with O2? that’s the only thing that pisses me off… and is there a gallery of lem 16 and O2 cameras on the forum… thanks
I’m sorry that here in the Czech Republic there is only one store that has them in stock, and it’s too far for me to go and have a look, but I probably don’t have anything else left… I would order from Kospet, but thanks to the bad Czech exchange rate, it’s not worth it right now… Anyway, thanks for the answers and I’m glad that there is at least one community that is dedicated to full android watches… which I can’t really say about my galaxy watch 4 :smile:

1 Like

I’m curious why you don’t order from the Kospet official store?
Don’t they deliver to where you are?

Have you researched the cellular compatibility in your country, with the watch?
Have you checked if anyone here is where you are and there is no problem with cell providers?

Aliexpress is the next place to check if you can’t buy from Kospet.
But as mentioned above, do your research first.
Better than being sad later. :+1:

I understand, the coset has a price of 200 usd, here they have a 128gb version for 230 usd in conversion, but as you say, they can be in stock for a long time… but complaints are better at home… aliexpress about 220 usd, but the delivery date is May, the faster route is more expensive… Everything works fine here, I have prime 2 for a year now, so I believe that o2 will also work great…

so I tried directly from kospet… 10-12 days delivery, free shipping and 30 usd discount on the first order… so 170 usd is great… thanks and hopefully they will serve like prime 2

2 Likes

@Michal_Vostatek , did you saw my post ?

2 Likes

of course, but it’s not the right one for me… availability, experience with the previous camera model and the price played a role for me… thank you for the warning…

2 Likes