Weather does updating

The weather update on my Kospet Prime does not work too, even after trying the recommended steps. Do you think Kospet will address this in a firmware update? Meanwhile, which other app from the Playstore will work to enable correct display of temperature on the watchface?

I can only recommend my UL launcher. :smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Eric for your fast response. Since I’m a newbie, can you show me detailed step by step on how to install the UL launcher? Do I need to back up anything in the watch first or uninstall or disable any existing apps?

There’s no need to back up or delete apps. Just install universal launcher and give all permits. Then go to the watchsettings- more- backround cleaner and tap on battery saver. Then disable “watchclockskin”.
Please notice: Universal launcher won’t show the stock faces. All downloaded faces will be shown.

2 Likes

@Kasing, I was having trouble with Accuweather so I found YoWindow which is a very nice weather app that seems to update fine via 4g or Wifi. Once you open the App simply swiping to the right will show future weather along with visual depictions of the weather and time of day and moon also.

I’m not sure that will take care of the problem but I believe YoWindow is one of the best weather apps and is even a bit smaller that most.

I am pretty sure that YoWindow will not update the weather icons in the watchfaces…

Of course not. The reason is that the weather app used has no influence on the symbols displayed on the watchfaces.

I understand, but that was what @Kasing was requesting - to have the watchface temp correctly updated.

I was partly responding to Bernard_W who I realize started this thread a long while ago - just in case he was still around. But also wanted to mention YoWindow as it’s a pretty good weather app for Android. I also have it in my taskbar on my PC where it does show the temperature all the time and updates automatically often. However I didn’t know if there might be a way for it to be used with a watchface so I mentioned it. I think you are right that it would not update weather on watchfaces without some tricky programming. But it seems the built in weather app also doesn’t update on a watchface until you open the weather app. Anyway if you haven’t tried YoWindow it’s an odd name for weather but a pretty cool weather app after trying a bunch of them that’s my favorite for Android devices.

hello bernard,i had the same problem with my prime, so out of desperation i went to settings, uninstall app section, scrolled down to weather clicked on it, did a force stop then went to storage and cleared data. then went back and refreshed my weather. that helped me i hope it helps,

2 Likes

Very late comment from my part, but I bought a kospet prime on Jan 2021, I found also that weather stopped updating at all, tried many thingd, but ultimately, clearing cache and data solved it, thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately, the weather app stoppped working again, I find that clearing data and cache multiple times is really useless… I will try to forget about this, I installed another weather app, weawow, it is very light, and works reasonable well

Lol, looks as I stumbled (apparently) upon the solution, at least in my case, it happens that, as I never planned on using the watch as a standalone device, I put it in airplane mode, I thought that it would not be an issue, as you can use wifi, as in cellphones, but, with the kospet prime, it seems that airplane mode also interferes with some functions at least, native weather, lol

1 Like

A few years ago, I have a similar issue with the LEM5, the Google Play store was not working in 4G, only in WiFi, but some other app where working in 4G. I find out that my IMEI code was erased during a factory reset. It maybe worth checking out! (go in Setting → About watch → IEMI)

1 Like

Regarding the weather of UL, what is the weather data source of UL? I found out that sometime there is a huge difference between the real temperature and the temperature reported by UL. The city parameter in UL is correct.

1 Like

It’s Yahoo weather

2 Likes

Thanks, I checked, and, the imei is there

It will be great if in a upcoming version of UL, we can choose the weather source (yahoo weather, weather.com, theweathernetwork.com, etc). In my country (Canada), yahoo weather is far from precise (up to 8DegC difference from the real temperature) and is limited with the weather condition (never show a cloudy moon)

The missing moon is less of a Yahoo Weather problem. It has to do with how our clocks reflect the weather. But it can be solved. An example of this is this watchface:
-Samsung Galaxy watch

When you use it, you never get a sun displayed at night, but the moon.

1 Like

@G1NT0N1C I am using this great skin from Daniel_Paluch (version 1):

When used with the LEM14 default launcher, I see the moon at night, but not with Universal Launcher. That why I suspect the Yahoo Weather information.