Weather app on LEM 14

Yeah I get it.
I’m sick at the moment but I will see what I can do.
I don’t know if I can do anything but I will try.
Cheers.

1 Like

Hey, get well first! Don’t worry about my tiny problem. Your health is important!

In GPS Data app, have you try to clear the AGPS data and refresh? (Other tab → Manage AGPS data → Delete AGPS data, download A-GPS xtra) ?

I think we may be looking at different GPS Data apps - the one I’ve got doesn’t have any tabs. I’ve downloaded it to my phone, too, and there’s nothing indicating I could manage or delete data. Sorry.

in the always on amoled app there is a setting called “Move the widget automatically” which you can turn off

at least part of the reason you wanted the weather app to work was so that you would be able to use watchfaces with weather and temperature information, right? If I’m not mistaken, even if you get the app to work, you have to open it every time you want the weather information to update. So if there’s a long time since the weather app has been opened the the weather information on the watchface will be outdated.
If you use Universal Launcher instead of the stock launcher you will be able to have weather information on your watchfaces since UL uses yahoo weather (I think it was) instead of the stock weather app, and the weather information will be automatically updated regularly. You still won’t be able to get the stock weather app working, but at least you will be able to get the information you want on the watchfaces

2 Likes

Thanks for that … I’d forgotten about that switch on the Always on amoled app - but to be honest, I didn’t like it that much! I might give it another go.
I like your suggestion about the Universal Launcher. Do I have to install that on the watch, or use it on my phone (or PC, if I’m making my own faces)? And is it safe to use?
Thanks again

On the watch, it will replace the whole interface (app drawer, notification panel, quick settings). you can download it from the thread here: Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above] you should take the newest one, 3.4.8.
It’s absolutely safe to use, it’s made by @Eric_Crochemore
the faces you make in watchfacedesigner will work just as well with UL as with the stock launcher, some of them will even work better. UL also has an always on option you can try

2 Likes

Great, thanks. I’ve installed the version from the Play Store, haven’t checked which one it is … when I booted up the only visible watchface is the one provided and demo-ed in the video. None of the stock ones, or the one I created, are visible. If I go to the end of the ‘blank’ spaces (only two blanks, no actual faces) I can see the usual upward scrolling list of faces. I tried to download one of these but it didn’t show up in the useable list. The faces are all still visible in my clockskin/.btflockface directory on the watch … should I make a different directory for UL to find them?

yes, they have to be placed directly in the clockskin folder instead of in the .btclockface folder.
The version from the play store is version 3.2.2 so it might not works as well as the 3.4.8 version

1 Like

Thanks - yes, it’s a bit slow and ‘sticky’. I found out about the correct folder for the clockskins by experimenting! Thanks for your help. Oh, and the weather app is working now on clockfaces that use it!

2 Likes

Can I ask a supplementary? Everything’s working fine now on the watch, but the temperature is slow to update. Last night it updated from 17C to 12C after about 5 hours of showing 17C! This morning it’s still showing 12C, even though my phone (and the sun outside) says it’s back up to 17C. I can’t find way to ‘force’ an update - is that possible, or is it just dependent on the temperature provider, perhaps Yahoo as someone suggested?

It is either Accuweather or Yahoo.
Either way, you still need to update your location after an amount of time has passed…

2 Likes

I just updated to the latest UL version and rebooted, and that did the trick. I have to say, A10 is not as easy to navigate and operate as WearOS, though I suppose that will improve over time. Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Ul doesn’t update too often the weather, the Yahoo service is limited when free…

3 Likes

Okay, thanks for that . Now, really my last question! The Launcher is great, incidentally, and I’m enjoying using it.
So, I made my own face and put in the steps counter. It works very well, but it’s not re-starting the count at midnight, which I’m used to on other systems. Should it be re-starting then? If not, how can I make it restart at that time? (I know I can reset the step counter, but I don’t want to do that chaque minuit!)

Hi . This is not possible . Thanks

1 Like

Ah, okay, thanks.

1 Like