Wear watchface on our Android watches

Can we do this for all Android wear watch faces??

Not for all, only the ones that will work without the companion app on the phone.

1 Like

Yes, but most of the apk faces from the playstore are created as watchfile. So there will be an (more or less) easy way to create an APK from a watchfile, I guess…

This won’t install on my Les2

Isn’t the LES2 running Android 5? That could be the issue!

If I understood Iscle correctly, he just made that discovery. Give him the time he needs to clarify more details. He will let us know what he finds out. Everyone can check the previous findings for themselves and continue research. But it makes no sense to bomb him with individual questions now.

2 Likes

i installed around 20 android wear faces…and my observations are that… only those ones work which do Not have any complications like change color etc

1 Like

Guess I’m naive, but - since dates for the moon phases are permanently programmed in all stock launchers - why can’t the xml file I originally requested be constructed which would rotate the png images I have prepared?

The problem is not to create such an xml - you could even do that yourself. The problem is that you need a new stock launcher that can handle your new araytype as well. And 28 pictures does not give a precise moon phase, so another solution is needed. In short - forget it.

I’ve discovered that some Wear watchfaces were supported back on December. But that was the time I had to “leave” for a while, so I did not get to report it. From my findings back then, if I remember correctly, no interaction is possible (as well as complications). I’ve even implemented three-in-one “wear” watchface that would interpret clockskins (oh, the irony) emulating the original Finow engine, the new(er) Kingwear engine and Universal Launcher engine. I have it running on my Android Wear and on my AllCall W2. It was a proof of concept so it’s not really finished, but works pretty good both on wear devices and on my AllCall W2…
This works only on the new(er) KingWear engines from Android 7.1, I believe. To make it work on my AllCall W2 (which is Android 7.0), I hacked a Lemfo LEM X engine into it (that’s the only one I could find at that time I could hack).

5 Likes

Oh, and by the way, no “ambient mode” either…

3 Likes

That’s interesting, so there’s a way to put live wallpaper on our watches… I need to understand why this wallpaper is accepted, while all other no… Maybe the “android.hardware.type.watch” is the reason…

3 Likes

What do you mean by “why this wallpaper is accepted, while all others are not”? I can choose whichever wallpaper I like!

Is information like step count, heart rate information working for you?? It’s showing zero for me…

Sh… you’re right, this stock launcher is really new !!! You can install my wallpaper and it works, that’s the first time I see that. So now, all watchmaker faces are ok with stock launcher !!
Great !
EDITED: in fact no, it’s not taking any animation… strangely

Normally all items like that will stay at zero because there’s no communication with the launcher to transfer those values.

1 Like

For me .watch files don’t show up even if it’s there in clockskin folder??
Are there any steps to follow to get them working??

Well I noticed that analog standalone wear watchfaces are working on our watch but only the fathers that are supported by the launcher works like

In this watch face right side part time and date is working but left side 3 circles dont work,because that part is coded in the real app and not in that res/raw folder apk

And in the case of digital watch faces

Like this one dont work at all they are just shown in face list,probably because the external part has the real code that setup the watch face apk,so the apk that are working is just basic design and basic looks apk

1 Like

Do you confirm that it works until the watch screen goes off, then at next turn on it’s only a black screen…

I reply to myself : it’s the battery cleaner that was closing the app… Now it’s working. So my Wallpaper is now compatible with stock launcher. I will share a link soon if you’re interested.

2 Likes

Created a new topic for my Live Wallpaper, compatible with stock launcher :

5 Likes