WatchFaceDesigner app - touchspots non existent after import

I wanted to edit my own minimal watch face yesterday but after opening it with WatchFaceDesigner all the 20 touchspots have disappeared!

Did anyone face the same problem before?

I use the 0.14.2 beta version of the app on a MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.

I do not want to manually recreate them and then possibly lose them again in the future…

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Although the touch point section was never completed by @marco i have never had this issue . However due to this being dated i do mine manually now :+1:

3 Likes

Do I understand correctly?
You have imported a watch face into WFD. Or did you open the “xml” file in WFD?
It does not recognize the touch buttons when importing.
Only the “xml” file contains the edit data.

1 Like

After a second thought and following the suggestion of @Dr_Andy_Vishnu maybe the xml importing functionality has not been implemented and I can just edit the icons using the app and edit the touchpoints from the xml file. Thanks for the help!

The steps that I have followed and reproduce the problem at least in my computer are the following:

1. I downloaded the watch from google drive - minimalBW 19 touch points 211029.zip - Google Drive

2. I decompressed the zip file

3. I imported the watch face using: File > Import ClockSkin and then selected the folder “minimalBW 20 touch points 211029” and pressed OK.

After these I got the picture that I uploaded. The touchspots were missing.

Afterwards I opened the clock_skin.xml using File > Open but nothing was apparently added to the project. I know that the xml files contains all the info for the touchspots but I would like somehow to see these data on the WatchFaceDesigner itself along with the rest.

I am a new user of WatchFaceDesigner and I may miss something obvious.

Maybe the source of the problem is that at the moment I cannot find the original files from which I created the watch face. As a result I downloaded my own watch face from my post (nice backup! :slight_smile: ), tried to open it in WatchFaceDesigner and then faced this problem.

You do need the original .xml file ( not the.one created inside the clockskin ) .

If you have lost it then alter the clockskin .xml manually

2 Likes

Thanks again @Dr_Andy_Vishnu!

1 Like

Thanks for the addition (it didn’t occur to me that He wanted to use the xml file from the watch face)

1 Like

Easily made mistake :+1::handshake:

1 Like