Watchface Designer

@drizze99 … as far as I’m aware …Marco’s wherabouts have been unkonwn for quite sometime. Many members of this forum think WFD is fantastic. Unfortunately, it is still (and likely remains to be) in a beta version. But it is great.

Correct . No contact with @Marco_Ferreira for ages :unamused:

Hi - I hope someone can help me with this question…
I am enjoying the feature of WFD that allows me to call any installed app on the watch from a touch point. BUT can I use WFD to send intents?
The ability to send intents is an important feature in Tasker - they allow me to send control messages to specific apps.
For example Watch Droid Assistant can be instructed to open the music control screen directly rather than opening onto its main screen by sending the following intent:
com.lumaticsoft.watchdroidassistant.WDPCRMC
Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

No wfd will not send intent.

2 Likes

OK thanks - I will have a think about other solutions.

Hi. I’m new to the wonderful world of Full Android Watches. My Kospet Optimus 2 comes in tomorrow. I have an idea for a watch face I want to make. Can I use WFD to make a watchface that uses animations as the “hands” of the clock? I have an idea to do a Pokemon themed face that uses 3 different animated “sprites” as the second, minute, and hour “hands” that all travel around the outside of the watchface, but I really want them to be animated as the go. Is this possible? Or can this be done with a different tool? Or is it just the mad fantasy of a fevered mind?

That’s possible but you have to install Universal launcher to use this face on your watch. You can create a Animation and choose a rotation for it. But it won’t work on stocklauncher.

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty cool. Thanks. I guess I’ll have to check it out Universal Launcher now.

I’ll add it to the list.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my watchface. Using UL. The circular digital indicator is set to power, but it does not increase/decrease with power on my watch. It does move when in WFD. When exported I used the tweaked clockskin and added the bottom 2 options, but it didn’t help. I exported as an enhanced stock clockskin and a UL clockskin. None of them worked. All features besides the circular digital indicator work correctly.

I’ve gone through this whole thread as well as some others. I was able to fix everything except this one item that I haven’t seem to find anywhere, so either I missed it or I’m the only one having this issue.

What’s your watch?

Kospet Optimus 2

I’m not sure this item is supported by UL, that’s the reason.

Ooohhh, got it. I’ve been checking and checking and checking and I couldn’t find anything wrong. Now I feel better that I am not blind and I wasn’t just missing something. Thank you.

Could you upload the face to your gdrive and give us the link? I would like to have a look.

There is a new Arraytype for stocklauncher that isn’t supported in WFD and UL.

Sure, but I’m not sure how to do that. I compressed the extracted folder to a zip file, but my G drive won’t let me upload the zip file, only the non-compressed file. I have plenty of space in the drive, so I’m not sure what’s going on.

Edit: It worked

I hope this worked

It works. I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like

@EpsilonDelta It’s fixed. Animations and battery is now working on UL and newer stocklaunchers (7.1 and above).

Download:-pkbTorchFixed.zip - Google Drive

By the way: you can’t check it in WFD because it can’t display these Arraytypes (AT61 and AT62).

2 Likes

“You’re a wizard Harry!!!” Absolutely fantastic. Works like a charm and everything. What program did you use and how did you fix it if you don’t mind me asking? I have a few other faces I’m working on that I wanted to use this on