Watchface Designer

Jan 12, 2019 8:55:47 GMT 1 robert76 said:
Jan 12, 2019 1:00:15 GMT 1 mpmf said:
No, the clockskin format (what's inside the .zip file) does not support dim modes. Nor does your watch, by the way. You have the "always time" mode, but that shows always the same watchface, and is not configurable by the user (at least to my knowledge... I have no Kospet).

I understand you don’t want to run the Universal Launcher. Can you tell me why? I use it daily, and it’s great!

Thanks for your quick response.
“Always time” - Kospet can use it. (Android 7.1.1)

Universal Launcher does not work steadily.

Robert: I can not turn off and turn on mobile data traffic.

Rictop: Yes bad FW, no solution on this…

Robert: No mobile data traffic measurement. (Usage data)

Rictop: same bad FW …

Robert: The widget is not updated. (Rhapsodically)

Rictop: Could be a bug in the launcher… or still this FW freezing all apps…

Robert: Thanks. If I understand, is Kospet’s Firmware Bad? What can I do?

Rictop: We have already requested that they put back the mobile data settings in the fw, with not much success… It’s not only the hope, but many new watches…

Pablo11 wrote:
The fact that this does not work with the Universal Launcher is a shame. The data switch had to be removed from the cellular settings in the 4g watches because it was causing a bug.
But:
This watch and all the others were not made to support the universal launcher - the universal launcher is fantastic but it is a third party app. Not official.

Personally i think erics universal launcher is amazing and thanks to eric for creating it . The fact alone it allows watch faces with animates .gif files is a must for me .

thanks I will try again…

Hi Marco, 
using the standard launcher with my Thor 4 everything is running OK. But I have two problems :

1. Showing the steps via digital indicator is only possible up to 10000 steps. 15 to 20 thousand would be great. 

2. the “Digital Indicator” for the battery capacity display does not work properly. The display ( the circle) is shifted 200 pixels to the right and the value is not displayed correctly ( on the Thor 4, not in your program) . Is this a problem of the Thor 4 launcher, or do I have to use another launcher ? 

Jan 21, 2019 11:18:44 GMT 1 mgk said:
Hi Marco,  using the standard launcher with my Thor 4 everything is running OK. But I have two problems : 1. Showing the steps via digital indicator is only possible up to 10000 steps. 15 to 20 thousand would be great. 

2. the “Digital Indicator” for the battery capacity display does not work properly. The display ( the circle) is shifted 200 pixels to the right and the value is not displayed correctly ( on the Thor 4, not in your program) . Is this a problem of the Thor 4 launcher, or do I have to use another launcher ? 

Hi.
I’ll work on increasing the limits on the steps digital indicator.
About the battery appearing shifted, that’s because thor’s stock launcher (an KingWear’s) interprets battery in a different way as the X Series Launcher and Universal Launcher. You’ll have to export your watch faces as a tweaked clockskin. On the window that appears with the teaks, select the last two. And that’s it. The exported clockskin will work correctly on your watch, but not on Universal Launcher, for example…

Thanks Marco,

Does this mean that I have to install another launcher to avoid the battery problem?

Edit after testing : this was the right instruction. Its running with stock launcher.

Thank you so much, Marco! Your program is awesome, I am very happy.

Gerhard

This looks great. Do you have any tutorials on how to use this?

Jan 23, 2019 2:06:03 GMT 1 jireyes said:
This looks great. Do you have any tutorials on how to use this?

I've done some videos. Look at them here: www.youtube.com/user/mpmfestg/videos

Hi Marco,
I found out another little thing:
when using digital indicatorLayer for building circles for seconds , minutes and hours it is all ok for seconds and minutes, but not for hours on my Thor 4.
At 12 oclock ( PM or AM ) it should clear the circle, but on my Thor 4 it clears only at 24 oclock.
That means I have the full circle between 12 am up to 11.59 PM ( the circle is cleared only every 24 hours.
With your program everything is ok, its only on my Thor 4. Do you have a suggestion ?

Edit 28.1. 

There should be a possibility to show the hours as a part of a circle, because I found a watchface on my Thor 4, which came with the stock. (already installed), but I don’t know how ?

Edit 29.1.

Hello, Marco,
after some further tests I found out that the circles created in the export for the “digital indicator” for hours are not suitable to display the hours correctly ( for hours > 10 ). This is not only true for Thor 4, but for export in general. You just have to take a closer look at the circles to see that it can’t work like this. Furthermore, a “re-import” ( import of the previous export ) leads to the same error in the watchface designer as in my Thor 4. ( In my opinion it is not possible to show the exact hour with 2 circles, maybe I am wrong. How did you do this in your watchmaker designer ? )
I know you don’t have much time to look at these things right now. However, I would be grateful if you would take a little look at this problem.

See attached files ( tt_test.xml and as an export the folder tt_test )tt.zip (333.48 KB)

Jan 25, 2019 11:24:18 GMT mgk said:
Hi Marco, I found out another little thing: when using digital indicatorLayer for building circles for seconds , minutes and hours it is all ok for seconds and minutes, but not for hours on my Thor 4. At 12 o`clock ( PM or AM ) it should clear the circle, but on my Thor 4 it clears only at 24 o`clock. That means I have the full circle between 12 am up to 11.59 PM ( the circle is cleared only every 24 hours. With your program everything is ok, its only on my Thor 4. Do you have a suggestion ?

Edit 28.1. 

There should be a possibility to show the hours as a part of a circle, because I found a watchface on my Thor 4, which came with the stock. (already installed), but I don’t know how ?

Edit 29.1.

Hello, Marco,
after some further tests I found out that the circles created in the export for the “digital indicator” for hours are not suitable to display the hours correctly ( for hours > 10 ). This is not only true for Thor 4, but for export in general. You just have to take a closer look at the circles to see that it can’t work like this. Furthermore, a “re-import” ( import of the previous export ) leads to the same error in the watchface designer as in my Thor 4. ( In my opinion it is not possible to show the exact hour with 2 circles, maybe I am wrong. How did you do this in your watchmaker designer ? )
I know you don’t have much time to look at these things right now. However, I would be grateful if you would take a little look at this problem.

See attached files ( tt_test.xml and as an export the folder tt_test )

Thanks for the report. You’re right. Right now the DigitalIndicator only works correctly in the 24h version (with the watch set to 24 hours also). I’ll look into it, to see what I can do. I figured out why it was working on WFD, but it was a bug on my part (strange, saying things are working because of a bug  

Hello Marco, thanks for your answer. Yes, I have tested the 24 hours version. It’s OK, But it does not look as expected, the hour does not correspond to the circle, but only to half of the circumference. There must be another way to represent the hours in a circle. Thor 4 proves it with a watchface installed per Stock engine. Nevertheless thank you for your attention. May be you find a solution.

Jan 31, 2019 20:34:23 GMT mgk said:
Hello Marco, thanks for your answer. Yes, I have tested the 24 hours version. It's OK, But it does not look as expected, the hour does not correspond to the circle, but only to half of the circumference. There must be another way to represent the hours in a circle. Thor 4 proves it with a watchface installed per Stock engine. Nevertheless thank you for your attention. May be you find a solution.

If it only represents half of the circle, you probably had your watch on 12h format. If not, then there must be another bug I haven't found yet.

Regarding the Thor 4 stock watches, I couldn’t find the one you’re referring to in clockskin format. I’ve posted on the G+ community a image of the watchfaces I could find inside Thor 4’s firmware.

Anyway, I’ll work on it anyway, because it seems to be very specific, and I want the features to work on other launchers also.

We are using the same post in the G community. The picture I posted there is the first stock watchface.
I use my clock in the settings with 24 hours format. I tested it with 12 hours but there was no change. 
It is interesting that the growing hour circle of the first stock watchface does not grow up in 12 steps for the hour. It is a permanent growing may be in seconds, very smooth. So it could not be a solution to change the digital hours to pictures. You mentioned the array type 54. May be there are another types available to create such behavior.

Feb 1, 2019 9:06:02 GMT mgk said:
We are using the same post in the G community. The picture I posted there is the first stock watchface. I use my clock in the settings with 24 hours format. I tested it with 12 hours but there was no change.  It is interesting that the growing hour circle of the first stock watchface does not grow up in 12 steps for the hour. It is a permanent growing may be in seconds, very smooth. So it could not be a solution to change the digital hours to pictures. You mentioned the array type 54. May be there are another types available to create such behavior.

In my AllCall W2, the 24 hour digital indicator is working correctly, both on Universal Launcher and in stock launcher. I don't have any explanation on why it wouldn't work on Thor's stock launcher, especially because I believe it is the same, or very similar, to the KingWear/AllCall stock launcher.

Please verify with the attached face. It will show the hours both numerically and with the digital indicator. It should present hours like 16:45 in 24h mode and the digital indicator should present (at that time) 17 white bars (counting also the 0 hours).

About the other array types that may exist, I can only check them if I have access to a watchface using them. Without the watchface, I can’t guess what types there are and how they are used.

1675.pngDI_Hour_Test.zip (546.82 KB)

Thanks for your commitment, today I am not at home, but I will test it soon and come back with the result. Is there any information about the existing array types > 19? ( so I am able to make some own testing).

Feb 1, 2019 14:00:27 GMT mpmf said:
Feb 1, 2019 9:06:02 GMT mgk said:
We are using the same post in the G community. The picture I posted there is the first stock watchface. I use my clock in the settings with 24 hours format. I tested it with 12 hours but there was no change.  It is interesting that the growing hour circle of the first stock watchface does not grow up in 12 steps for the hour. It is a permanent growing may be in seconds, very smooth. So it could not be a solution to change the digital hours to pictures. You mentioned the array type 54. May be there are another types available to create such behavior.

In my AllCall W2, the 24 hour digital indicator is working correctly, both on Universal Launcher and in stock launcher. I don't have any explanation on why it wouldn't work on Thor's stock launcher, especially because I believe it is the same, or very similar, to the KingWear/AllCall stock launcher.

Please verify with the attached face. It will show the hours both numerically and with the digital indicator. It should present hours like 16:45 in 24h mode and the digital indicator should present (at that time) 17 white bars (counting also the 0 hours).

About the other array types that may exist, I can only check them if I have access to a watchface using them. Without the watchface, I can’t guess what types there are and how they are used.

Here are the results :

1. Test with ClockSkinMaker  ( from rromeroa , a tool used in the past for my old No.1 D5, before I found your wonderful watchface designer ) on my Windows 10 PC :everything is running ok

2. Test on my Thor 4 :everythink is running ok

Feb 2, 2019 11:40:59 GMT mgk said:

Here are the results :

1. Test with ClockSkinMaker  ( from rromeroa , a tool used in the past for my old No.1 D5, before I found your wonderful watchface designer ) on my Windows 10 PC :everything is running ok

2. Test on my Thor 4 :everythink is running ok

Great. So no problem on the 24h indicator. Now I’ll try to figure out how to make the 12h indicator work
Edit: Please see the replay on your post at the G+ community

Hi Marco,
I tested the second Test watchface ( growingbars ):

Results :

1. with settings 24 hours on my Thor 4 : doesnt work with hours > 12 ( see attached picture test_marco_24.jpg ), the hour bar remains in a full circle after 12 oclock.

2. with settings 12 hours on my Thor 4 : it running well ( besides of the transition 12 to 1, which really isn’t a real problem. (see attached picture test_mario_12.jpg )

This behavior was also exactly the same as described first. Setting with 24 hours is not ok, setting with 12 hours is ok.

I don’t think it’s any better with the existing arrays. If you want to improve it, you need the information how to create the first watchface of the stocklaucher of Thor 4, because it also runs in 24 hours mode.

Feb 3, 2019 12:42:15 GMT mgk said:
Hi Marco, I tested the second Test watchface ( growingbars ):

Results :

1. with settings 24 hours on my Thor 4 : doesnt work with hours > 12 ( see attached picture test_marco_24.jpg ), the hour bar remains in a full circle after 12 oclock.

2. with settings 12 hours on my Thor 4 : it running well ( besides of the transition 12 to 1, which really isn’t a real problem. (see attached picture test_mario_12.jpg )

This behavior was also exactly the same as described first. Setting with 24 hours is not ok, setting with 12 hours is ok.

I don’t think it’s any better with the existing arrays. If you want to improve it, you need the information how to create the first watchface of the stocklaucher of Thor 4, because it also runs in 24 hours mode.

That first watchface is not a clockskin, so it isn't limited by ClocksSkin's rules. The stock launcher supports some embedded watchfaces that are defined in code. They are listed as the first watchfaces, followed by the internal ClockSkins (that I posted an image of, and located at /system/media/InsideClockSkin), followed by custom ClockSkins (the ones we add to the clockskin folder at /sdcard/clockskin) and ending with the downloaded ClockSkins (the ones added by the + sign at the end). So, the first category is not on ClockSkin format (and I couldn't figure out where/which package implements it), and the remaining 3 categories are in ClockSkin format. You can observe that you won't find that kind of watchface, or any interactivity on those last 3 categories, but you'll be able to find it in the first stock watchfaces (different for every watch, but LemX, for example, has bubbles and smoke faces).

Thanks for the explanation. Then we have to live with this as it is. Not a big problem. There are enough possibilities to make individual watchfaces.

Hi Marco, if I’m useing the digital indicator of WFD as a power indicator it’s dislocated and split in 2 parts on some watches. But if it’s set for example on seconds or steps (0 to 100) it’s in the right place. What I have to do to keep it also in place when useing it as power indicator? Thank you for helping.