Watchface Designer

@6eats … be careful, to use animated gif images with stock launcher on Android 7.1 you need to know how to edit the clockskin.xml file correctly or you might stop the watch from working at all. You will find a tutorial here in this thread on how to edit the xml file so that animated gifs will work (…and even then you still need to be careful).

1 Like

One thing I make sure is i always have access to file manager, if something glitches and you can’t get the home screen to load.

If you can either ask Google to open files manager Or use a floating widget to open a file manager, you can then access the clock skin folder and rename the file having a issue. This will allow it to reload with no clock skin active and you can then just hold down on the black screen and select a new face.

I end up having to do this with UL sometimes because I’ve built some faces with too large of a 3d image and it can cause it to freeze and UN able to choose UL as home page until the clock skin is either removed or renamed. Often just renaming it will make it work for another 8 hours before it locks up again. But this is only happening on my extremely large 3d clock skins

2 Likes

DOnt worry I already have made one clock skin and put it on my Android 10

I have made a clockskin so I don’t think I had to come across an error thanks for the info I really want to know what UL (UNBREALLA LIGHT?) IS and what does it do Andy how u use it.in the 14.2 beta version I click gif then on top where the clock is being made it says that may not be compatible for this version or something like that and when I tried adding a gif it didn’t not move and remained as a picture …ty btw

that it “may be incompatible” means that it is uncertain whether it is compatible or not, so it might work even though you get that message, and if you use Universal Launcher it should definitely work

Here’s the first step to learning about UL and stock launchers: https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=what+are+launchers+on+android%3F

1 Like

This is easily fixed . Read my guide on this

3 Likes

can u give me a step to step guide on how to use a giffy image to work on the 14.2 version of the clock skin designer and how to use universal launcher so that the gif always work

wait wait i just found out how to they work i did not click preview thas why they where not in gif bruh me so dum now i will make a gif watchface then put it in my watch it will work right or i will have to install universal launvher on y watch in order for it to work

1 Like

I have already posted above how you can fix this ? You do not need UL . Unless you want to use UL

Ok i made it for my friend and it works very nice thank you

Marco, I just wanted to stop by here and THANK YOU for making this software for us to use. It’s definitely a brilliant piece of work and I appreciate it. I just started to learn how to use it and hopefully I can make something soon worth while to share with the community!

1 Like

@drizze99 … as far as I’m aware …Marco’s wherabouts have been unkonwn for quite sometime. Many members of this forum think WFD is fantastic. Unfortunately, it is still (and likely remains to be) in a beta version. But it is great.

Correct . No contact with @Marco_Ferreira for ages :unamused:

Hi - I hope someone can help me with this question…
I am enjoying the feature of WFD that allows me to call any installed app on the watch from a touch point. BUT can I use WFD to send intents?
The ability to send intents is an important feature in Tasker - they allow me to send control messages to specific apps.
For example Watch Droid Assistant can be instructed to open the music control screen directly rather than opening onto its main screen by sending the following intent:
com.lumaticsoft.watchdroidassistant.WDPCRMC
Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

No wfd will not send intent.

2 Likes

OK thanks - I will have a think about other solutions.

Hi. I’m new to the wonderful world of Full Android Watches. My Kospet Optimus 2 comes in tomorrow. I have an idea for a watch face I want to make. Can I use WFD to make a watchface that uses animations as the “hands” of the clock? I have an idea to do a Pokemon themed face that uses 3 different animated “sprites” as the second, minute, and hour “hands” that all travel around the outside of the watchface, but I really want them to be animated as the go. Is this possible? Or can this be done with a different tool? Or is it just the mad fantasy of a fevered mind?

That’s possible but you have to install Universal launcher to use this face on your watch. You can create a Animation and choose a rotation for it. But it won’t work on stocklauncher.

1 Like

Wow that’s pretty cool. Thanks. I guess I’ll have to check it out Universal Launcher now.

I’ll add it to the list.

I am trying to figure out what is wrong with my watchface. Using UL. The circular digital indicator is set to power, but it does not increase/decrease with power on my watch. It does move when in WFD. When exported I used the tweaked clockskin and added the bottom 2 options, but it didn’t help. I exported as an enhanced stock clockskin and a UL clockskin. None of them worked. All features besides the circular digital indicator work correctly.

I’ve gone through this whole thread as well as some others. I was able to fix everything except this one item that I haven’t seem to find anywhere, so either I missed it or I’m the only one having this issue.