Watchface Designer

hi i wonder if i could use yoyr knowleadge and help.
i have been using WFD for the last week or so and keep having the problem of running out of memory. i have searched through this post and have checked that i am running the 64-bit version of java 8, which i am. i have checked that my full memory is avalible for use in windows. but WFD is still showing that i only have 260mb of memory avalible. any ideas on what i can do to increase this avalible memory so as to stop WFD crashing?
thanks for your time Ryan.

Try uninstalling JAVA 32 bit if it’s installed for use in a browser maybe. It may be using the 32 bit as default.

3 Likes

@Louis_Peek thank you, that’s what it was. All good now appreciate the help.

1 Like

This is very good
thank you

Hi,
The app is great, I want to ask, can we add touch events with it, I can not find such option?
Regards!

Array 100 is coming in the next version ( touch to open functions )

You can use this in the meantime

1 Like

this is a very inspiring tool you’ve created. while using it, it made me wish i could import more fonts (like digital-looking ones… you know what i mean :slight_smile:) and create holes or cut out custom shapes off of layers, although this could be mitigated by using it in conjunction with photoshop.

thank you for creating this.

Hi . You can install new fonts on your pc or mac that can be used with WFD

3 Likes

Hi Doctor! Thanks for replying. I have installed some fonts, but for some reason, it’s not available when I run WFD…

here’s a screenshot. on the left is my fonts list, and on the right is the font selection in WFD.

No problem . Do this when installing a new font

And reboot pc :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Hi guys,
I made s simple watchface and test it on my Kospet Prime SE.
I tried to present battery lever with a Digital Indicator Layer, but it not working, it always show 100%.
Do someone face this? Is this problem to the app or it is Kospet problem?
I will share this face, but will be good to know about problem I describe.

Best regards!

1 Like

Hello Marko how to make a 24-hour mode only on the horizontal and not in a circle?

Send the watch face to me in a private message I will correct and send it back.
Then you see the difference
What program was it made for? WFD?

1 Like

I’ve tested and created my first watch,… using this WatchFaceDesigner given in this thread.

There are a few issues in WatchFaceDesigner.

1. All months are in capital but only may is in lower case. i.e JAN, FEB, MAR… May …JUN, JUL etc
    digital9_3 digital9_4 digital9_5

2. if dates times or other physical information (heart beat/steps etc) are in groups, they don’t update.

3. Funny but may be I don’t know the correct word… in Weathers … it says… " Sunny night" I mean either it should be “clear night” or “sunny” day… or may be only “Night”… it can’t be “sunny night” for night.

4. Most irritating is… when you preview or save any image it takes you to the root, from there you have to follow folder to folder to reach that location where the rest of watch related images are saved.

I think these features should also be added.

1. There is no way to link on-watch button to apps. like. heart beat , or. google assistant, or if tapped on steps it should open steps widget with its relevant history and everything.

@mfarooqi

Issue 1: if you go into month digital clock and scroll to the bottom, you can edit the month names. You can do all caps, starting caps or even put in a different language. This also works with day of week and weather text.
Issue 2: anything dynamic (watch hands, digital clocks, etc) will freeze upon being put in a group and become useless. It’s just the way it is coded. A workaround for analog hands is to make your various hand layers, export selection (which will combine them into one png), and then import as an image, not a hand.
Issue 3: much like issue 1, by scrolling to the bottom of the tool options, you can edit the text of each weather type or add an image instead.
Issue 4: it may just be an issue of not specifying the folder you want the image saved to. Otherwise, not quite sure what the complaint is. Unless I specify, saved images usually get saved in my documents folder, xml files to my watch proggies folder and exported faces to the current WFD folder for the version I’m using. As I don’t currently have a watch that supports it or a working one in general, I can’t test it on an actual watch .

Anyways, I hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask more questions, if needed.

6 Likes

Thanks for your quick replay… and how silly i’m … I did notice that we can put required text in these fields… but still after compiling the watch, i opened that image into designing software…

Thanks man!

1 Like

@mfarooqi No problem. I don’t consider myself a master maker by any means, but I’ve worked with WFD since Ver. 0.12, so I try to help out whenever I can. If it’s within my scope of knowledge, I will try to help out. If not, I will try to point you(or whoever) to someone who may know more. I can’t be on 24/7, but if I see a question that hasn’t been answered yet, and I know the answer, I will try to get to it as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Thank you @Nicholas_Herczeg,

BTW. the method of Arraytype 100 in this forum’s discussion, I think this is not working as expected. Either touch is not working or location is not accepting…

Checkout my first try…
clock_skin_model

And see why that tap is not working.

The method of array type 100 is working 100% on android 7.1.1 and the new android 10 . Also older watches . However the smallest mistake will stop it working . Dont forget to use package viewer on your watch for the detail needed . NOT your phone as per the instructions .

Check this for your google assistant touch . Look inside the clockskin

1 Like

Hi,

If I have some “static” watchfaces downloaded from this site or from clockskin site, can I modify them to create interactive watchfaces?

Is there a “user manual” of watchfacedesigner???

Thanks in advance