WatchFace Designer v. 0.14.0 released Here it is, version 0.14.0 of WFD

Nevermind. I figured it out.

Ooops. Wrong upload, sorry. I’ve fixed it. Please delete the previous download and re-download it (same link). Now it will be correct.

@Marco_Ferreira Just a note … I found the new ver with the new features gets a lot of " running out of memory " Problems just wanted to make a bug report :slight_smile: Like the auto backup though :slight_smile:

Also I was wondering if you would mind if I posted a flip clock that works on stranded launcher … I used a few of your images from your flip clock. :slight_smile:
missing/deleted image from Google+

@Warlock_Weary Running out of memory? Really? How much memory do you have installed? Are you running java 32 bits or 64 bits? You can check it by running “java -version” on the command line.

Yes, go ahead. You can use those images :slight_smile:

@Marco_Ferreira I get those low memory errors too, but only after working on a face for hours on end. Saving and closing WFD, then re-opening makes it go away. Java is a memory hog.

@David_Koren it’s not java fault, in that case. It’s my fault because I keep an infinite undo history. I can limit it, but I believed to be more useful to keep it. But I’ll probably change it next release, limiting it to maybe 20 or 50 undos…

@Marco_Ferreira I tend not to use undo with the amount of tweaks I do. I keep going and if it gets horribly messed up, I delete the layer, and start over.

@David_Koren I do the same thing, unless it’s something simple like accidentally moving the background instead of an element. If a layer is FUBAR, it’s sometimes easier just to delete it and start over, trying to figure out where it went wrong and correct it.
@Marco_Ferreira I just wanted to say that I really like the tool menu. I saw it on the video and I can’t wait until it’s implemented in the program. You might want to add an option for flip directionally or add a flip right transition option. A spin transition with png support would also be cool. I could use that on my Stargate watch to have the SG1 logo spin. I know it’s a lot to ask, so I’m not expecting with the next release, unless you are able to. Just giving you ideas.

@Marco_Ferreira Thanks I appreciate it :slight_smile:
Yea … lost of out of memory …
64 bits and 16g - Java Ver -8.181…
mostly when using multiple digital indicators in one clock face. and seem to happen when you have the : preview movements is checked.

2 Likes

@Marco_Ferreira I was also wondering if this will stay exclusively full Android or if it will eventually support Wear OS as well, for those that use and design for both platforms? As of yet, I don’t believe there’s a non-online Wear OS design program. I know this program supports Wear OS screen resolution, but I don’t know about Wear OS functions and scripting. If you ever decide to go that route, being able to submit directly to Facer or Watchmaker directly would be an awesome idea to implement in a future release. Again, just an idea, not an expectation. The fact that you made this program, packed in so much functionality AND freely distribute it to fellow designers means a lot to and for the community. For many things, I am merely a humble muse and you can take or leave anything I post to you.

1 Like

I apologize, I downloaded the zip file, I get a .java file … how can I open the program? i have windows 10… thanks

You have to install the software Java Runtime Environment first. Then it will work.

1 Like

I can’t start the program. Help please

You must install jre(Java runtime environment) to run .jar files

2 Likes

…as I told before…:+1:

2 Likes

I ask you for help … I installed java, but I can’t get the application started … What should I associate?

I would try to reinstall java and redownload watchfacedesigner

2 Likes

I got the same result … I don’t understand why it doesn’t start anymore :(:singhiozzare::singhiozzare::singhiozzare:

Move the jar file somewhere else, preferably in a folder with no non-english characters in it’s name or in any of the parent folders, then try running it

1 Like

thanks for the help, I tried in various folders, even in “C”, but I get the same error :frowning: I use windows 10