Watch Droid Phone / Assistant

Ah, ok. So no, it does’t help. I think the “watch” is responsible for connection with WiiWatch on smartphone, isn’t it?

PS. I noticed that after some time after I connected both devices together the waiting time for new notification shortened. but still it is not instant

I am lost with this . Maybe try unistalling , clear data , unpair and start again . Make sure you are not trying to use wiiwatch at the same time . Sorry i cannot duplicate your problem

No problem, thx for trying :grin: It’s me also who suffers Bluetooth dropouts and heart rate monitor issues, so this just make me more sure that my device is cursed :joy:

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to improve WatchDroid to have a possibility to react on original Notification actions?
Most often used actions in my setup are : Delete Mail (AquaMail), and “Permit” on Microsoft Authenticator.
The “Join” app makes it well, but requires internet connection. The big advantage of WatchDroid is that it can show the watchdroid Notification without registering the android notification. It would be a game changer If I could react on it with one touch (Delete, Permit, or any other action from original notification).

And another point: Is it technically possible to dismiss a notification on the smartphone when it (notification registered on android) dismissed on the watch (without using any actions in dropdown menu) just by swiping it away ?

There two points are very important for any user moving from Tizen or Wear OS.

I have just installed WatchDroid app on my genesis phone and watch ver.9.0… I like it better than w11watch which is installed on my prime watch, great job thank you. My watch will use sms functions (receive and answer) great, but phone calls will notify my watch but when I try to answer calls it disconnects from my phone, and curiously my watch cannot find my phone with the included find app.
After seeing your visuals of the buttons screen my buttons also do not light up green like its connected. When a call comes in I can see who is calling and all. Again textile works fine. please help if you can…my genesis would be perfecto if I could get cellular service…that’s what it says when I try to make a cal from watch “cellular service not connected”
TIa

Me again forgot to mention when click on watchdroid icon on watch it says "valid version only until 29/11/20. I have disabled all battery optimization and clean task functions. TIA

Me a third time… I remember when I tried to set up watch with phone I couldn’t scan code I had to select watch from select app on droid connect page. My watch and phone say they are connected though? Is it possible to load the apps to the watch and phone incorrectly? I ask because when call comes in my watch and phone see and react to it, if I use my phone to speak it ok, but If I try watch it disconnects but icons contact info and associated pictured are displayed…I feel that I am close to solving this.

I will attempt to answer your questions about WatchDroid (WD)
First the “valid version” message is normal. Developer said to ignore it.

I don’t believe you can respond to an incoming call on your phone from the watch.
call sceen3
Here is an example of an incoming call to my phone in WD. The left button mutes the sound, Bottom selects a SMS option and the right button cancels the call. Thats it you cannot interact with your phone any other way during a call.

When you connect your phone and watch in the app and the icon does not turn dark green you are not connected.
None of the features in WD will work unless your phone is connected. Also make sure you have the same versions of the apps on your phone and watch.You can’t install WD version 9.0 from the Play Store. It is easiest to side load it from your computer. Or better yet set up a file on your watch and put a copy of the Assistant app in the folder. That way you will always have it available on the watch if you need to re-install it.
If the apps get out of sync or stop working properly I just re-install the app and re-establish the connection.
The issue with you cellular is a different issue and without more specific information hard for anyone to help. We don’t know your specific situation.

1 Like

Thank you, I have done all I could based on your information. I have a SIM card that I have not installed yet, hoping I wouldn’t need too. I will just forward my calls to it for answering, down side is I can call out with the sim installed but the caller Id on the recipients phone will show number unfamiliar to my existing contacts. OH well close enough I guess. One interesting set is that you can text Bothe sending and receiving, that’s something I could not do before with wiiwatch. thanks again

Love the app. Notifications are working well with Genesis after some early frustrations.

However, the battery drops like lead balloon when the phone and watch are connected. I only have the mobile data and bluetooth on. I have combed through the topic but found no solution or suggestions.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

Both the phone application and the smartwatch would have to spend between 1% and 2% of the total battery no more, in version 13.52 I have released some services that in previous versions were active by default, this decreased even more the battery cost, the use that is given, data transfer etc. is also very important.
These data are according to the measurements I have made on the different devices I have and the consumption sent to me by users who carry out tests with interest in the versions that I will upload to the Play Store. In the latter they have reported a duration of twice as long as the previous ones.
If the expense is high on your device, uninstall the application and reinstall, in some cases this solves the problem.
Regards.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

I have reinstalled (The icon is now green instead of previous blue)

After full charge this morning, the battery has droped 15% in two hours since. Would this be considered normal?

Settings:
I have set the watch to only run WhatsApp (essential for me), Watch droid and Floating touch in the background. Data and bluetooth are enabled, while screen brightness is set low. Pedometer is also off.

Any other tweaks I’m missing? Again, thanks in advance for patience and suggestions. I’m not too tech savy.

Hi, I have version 13.51. Is there also a 13.52? if it exists, can i know where to download it?
Many thanks
Max

Hi,I used the paid application and it worked very well. The configuration was as follows:
Clock: Lem 8 firm v1.5
Phone: HTC 9 One plus, Android 7
Watchdroid v13.51
Now I changed the phone with a Xiaomi Mi Note 10 android 10.
The application no longer works and I mean the BT connection that is often interrupted. Also, the remote camera no longer works and neither does the music player control. What can be done?

1 Like

As usual I would suspect a battery saver thing on the phone, watch or both…

3 Likes

I don’t think so, I disabled battery saver on both devices. I suspect an incompatibility with the android 10 system based on Xiaomi MUI or maybe between the 2 bluetooth. Can version 9 of the watchdroid work better?

Watch Droid is developed for Android 10 phones, I have tested it on several Android 10 devices and I use it daily with a Pixel 4.
Unfortunately each manufacturer has its own battery saving and memory optimization system, each version of its models also have modifications and each firmware or customization adds some other feature to close the services (although they are declared as priority) to save battery, in the Most devices that have some Android customization may have to check not only the OS battery optimization but also the ones added by the manufacturer.

3 Likes

Just installed the watch droid phone/assistant and its late. Seemed to work okay at first, but now every time my Kronos Genesis screen goes dark, the connection is lost. Any suggestions to solve the connection problem? Connects again after I open assistant on the watch, then again disconnects again on dark screen. I doubt I will get notifications if phone and watch are always disconnected.

Go to watchsettings- more- backround cleaner. Tap on battery saver. Disable watchdroid.

3 Likes

Thanks, that worked this morning. I tried that last night but it would still disconnect when the screen went dark, however, this morning I tried again and it stayed connected all day…(so far at least). I thought I saw somewhere in the program where I could change the length of the vibrating alerts. I have been looking all in the app and now I just can not seem to be able to find it again…was I mistaken?