Watch Droid Phone / Assistant

The best app for smartwatchs

3 Likes

Thank you very much Eric. Great new home, people like you and Pablo11 help me keep developing Watch Droid

3 Likes

This app is really great !
I only have a couple tiny problems with it :

• When I’m playing some music on my phone, I’d like the title of the music to be present on the “Music” page of the app (not just the toast message) and maybe have the cover art in the background :slight_smile: In my mind there would be a screen with the transport controls and a second screen a swipe away with the volume controls, the track title and the cover art in the background.

• It may be because of MIUI’s permission system but I can’t receive the majority of the notifications (I have selected all the apps I want notifications from in the Smartphone client but it’s still the same) after I’m upgrading to LineageOS I’ll update on the matter :wink:

But appart from those nit picks the app is really great and reliable ! Awesome job man !

1 Like

Best App for WhatsApp Messages!

If it is working with mobile data also, than it’s better than wear OS!
Hope this Feature will come some day

4 Likes

Hi.

This app is the best, thanks for make it.

I just have a question, I can’t receive the call notifications, this app didn’t have this option?

Best Regards

2 Likes

Unfortunately, until version 9.1, which had permissions on telephone functions, I could only reject the call. Due to the new security policies imposed by Play Store, these functions were eliminated.
I have tried to give some call alert function by capturing them from the notification bar, but depending on how the notification is created, it may or may not work correctly. According to the application that handles the phone, I have had good results with:

Also, if the call action is in the call notification, the audio will never be transmitted to the smartwatch.
Usually devices that are prepared for this will not need any extra application, check this thread that may help you in your problem:

1 Like

Thank you.
I’m thinking about modifying the music control screen. This was the first thing I did about the project, maybe it’s time to improve it. It would be a good idea to put the basic background and controls.

Problems with notifications
In some models of phones, Android or some application of optimization of memory or battery eliminates the service of notifications and it is not lifted again for that reason from version 9 I have implemented the option of “Service of notifications” with a celestial icon. By entering this option you can determine if it is up and answering requests, in addition to being able to send test notifications, verify if it has an active filter or because the notification is not sent.
What happens when you enter this option?
If you can not make the service activate, restart your phone and re-enter.

Thanks, at first it is complex that it can be used with mobile data by the way it was designed, but I hope at some point to have the time to improve this.

Thanks for the help me, I will try your tips :wink:

2 Likes

Hi! Great app but with a major issue, many users have complained about when turning the wrist to see the time the app keeps popping up. Do we have a tip one how to disable this? I also disabled from the setting the third option as many suggested but still. please fix this

I read your comment on Play Store, thanks for contacting here:
I have not had reports of what you say, nor do I know where many users have said of this problem.
In the first versions Watch Droid had an option to “Start turning on the screen”, but I deleted it because it brought me many problems with the users.
Since I have implemented the possibility of using Widget, this option does not exist anymore and I have not received any email notifying you that what you are saying will happen.
Some users have told me that they put Watch Droid as a launcher application and this is the one that executes it when the screen turns on, verify that it is not this.
If the behavior persists, uninstall Watch Droid from both the phone and smartwatch and reinstall the latest version.
If you are a Premium user, verify that you are using the same account in the Play Store that when you made the purchase and reinstalled in your phone, when you log in you must automatically change to a Premium user and it will have the same characteristics as before.

Any way to control the watch camera from phone?

I have designed Watch Droid to handle phone functions from the smartwatch, music control, camera control, etc. Unfortunately I do not plan to perform functions that control the smartwatch from the phone.
Greetings.

Hi.
Today I recived the Kospet optimus.
How we known the watch has the long stanby function like the lemfo lem9 but the problem is that the notifications will shows only with wiiwatch2 and… I really hate it.
So my question is. We would wait a new function to work with the long standby mode for these new watches?
I really love your app and I would love to see this, I think that it will be a new opportunity to increase the suscriptions for pro and make that Watch Droid will be the default app

Finally going back to android went to T- mobile and i am happy, great application really thanks for to make this happen and have your app beside WiiWatch( no reliable).
I am using version 9 just for the SMS replay works as suppose to work even with voice:+1:, but its normal that disconnect and connect like more the 15 times a day went i using the phone, i just did the battery optimization off in both devices, like the IU interface customization .
great job.
i hope for more feature like Vysor or wireless keyboard and mouse for to get on those things that the display cant show.
change the watch face and other things

Thank you for your comment, it would be great that Watch Droid will work in this new battery saving mode, unfortunately I do not think this will happen, although I do not have precise data on how it works, I see it difficult for this to be possible.

I am in love with your app and definitely Android with Android works the best,right now i dont get to much disconnections maybe 2 or 3 a day, definitely Lemfo,Zeblaze and King wear they should hire you and it would be better the app to be part of system app meaning in the device kernel firmware.
good job

1 Like

The disconnections should not happen as long as the smartwatch is close to the phone, I have tested several brands both phones and smartwatch and I always have a stable connection without problems, I will also give instructions so that any user with this problem can improve their stability.

1. You have to exclude Watch Droid from the battery optimization system in your phone as in your smartwatch, otherwise it may be the cause of the disconnections.
    I send video explaining how.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxzfQBl_dUw

2. Each phone factory has its own memory or battery optimization applications, check how to disable in each case.

3. If your smartwatch has Android 7.1 you have to deactivate the “Background cleaner” enter to:
    Settings> More> Background cleaner> Off

4. I have been informed that when these devices are synchronized with wireless headphones to the smartwatch, Bluetooth cuts occur.

5. Some users have reported that disabling the DuraSpeed ​​application have solved the problem.
    You can disable DuraSpeed ​​or exclude Watch Droid from there.
    1_DS_Setings.jpg - Google Drive
    2_DS_More.jpg - Google Drive
    3_DS_DuraSpeed.jpg - Google Drive
    4_DS_WD.jpg - Google Drive
    5_DS_Disabled.jpg - Google Drive

2 Likes

Thanks so much for posting this here my friend :+1:
This is such an important development for us in the Android watch world.
I have been looking into some further development with Android 7.1.1 with Wiite.
I will send you a pm and see if we can help each other :+1::handshake:

3 Likes

@lordomarr that will not be possible.
The BT low energy channel used in long standby mode is not going to be able to support it.
Let’s see what future dual chip designs can bring to the table.

2 Likes