Real Bluetooth phone calls from your watch running Android 5.1 ONLY

Attention Everyone - Bluetooth phone calls now a reality !! Possibly the MOST important video for all us Android Smartwatch owners. Real SIM free Bluetooth calling from your watch through your phone is finally here !!! See our showcase video here below for more information. It is an option we have been wanting for a very long time and it's finally here !!

It works perfectly as well. Currently available on the KingWear series KW98 & KW99. Also the AllCall W1 and is coming to the just released H2
Currently ONLY on the models mentioned here - please don’t ask us when others might make it available - we don’t know. It will be announced if any more come through.

Added 10/11/17 KW88 !!

Added 15/11/17 KW98 & KW99 (legacy models) !!

LES1 and THOR and one IQI I4 model added today 28/11/17 - see firmware sections.

NOTE: There are various different storage configurations available for these watches. Please make sure to use the correct firmware.

3 Likes

great!! where’s the app?

Nov 1, 2017 4:51:39 GMT 1 mikextremo19 said:
great!! where's the app?

It’s built into the watch firmware and is available on the watches I mentioned.

It is not possible to just have an app on it’s own - it’s a whole new Bluetooth stack built into the firmware.

But rest assured - more will come.

It will also be possible to update older series watches with new firmware - in the near future.

1 Like

Geat work. You think it’s possibile that It Will enabled in y3 Watch?

For real? This is quite a revolutionary milestone for us all smartwatch users that have been desperately waiting for this function.

Is this included in the original factory firmware? Or is it a custom firmware? I am a Lemfo LES1 user and I wonder If I will be able to do this anytime soon.

So we need to update our kw88 to have this feature?may I know to what version of firmware exactly is that?

Nov 1, 2017 10:23:31 GMT 1 cyput said:
So we need to update our kw88 to have this feature?may I know to what version of firmware exactly is that?

likewise the H2

Can we update the KW88 via OTA?

Quick question ¿for KW88 the firmware version i need to flash to have the bluetooth app is: KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20170518(SDK)?
Thanks in advanced.

Need some patience guys, the FW are not finalized yet. We’ll get you posted when they arrive.

2 Likes

Awesome! Looking forward to the release, amazing work guys!

Nov 1, 2017 4:49:49 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Attention Everyone - Bluetooth phone calls now a reality !! Possibly the MOST important video for all us Android Smartwatch owners. Real SIM free Bluetooth calling from your watch through your phone is finally here !!! See our showcase video here below for more information. It is an option we have been wanting for a very long time and it's finally here !!

*It works perfectly as well. Currently available on the KingWear series KW88, KW98 & KW99. Also the AllCall W1 and the just released H2

Hi, I’m new here. I have purchased a DM368 Plus smartwatch and i would like to use it with bluetooth tethering with my Phone instead of using Sim card.
Is there a software app or another way of configuring my watch?

Thanks
Scott

Nov 2, 2017 8:27:25 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Need some patience guys, the FW are not finalized yet. We'll get you posted when they arrive.

Good luck I’m waiting for…

How it’s working?
When I answer the call on phone i will talk with phone or with watch?

Nov 2, 2017 17:16:36 GMT 1 joint000 said:
How it's working? When I answer the call on phone i will talk with phone or with watch?

The watch becomes a BT mic and speaker, so you talk to your watch and the sound is from the watch speaker.

Bluetooth calling not available on my KW88. Why not. What do i need to do.

I want on my Y3!!!Im available for testing!

Nov 2, 2017 18:23:34 GMT 1 akela said:
Bluetooth calling not available on my KW88. Why not. What do i need to do.

What you need to do is..... read the thread from the beginning.......LOL

Its similar to the tethering watches, like the KW18. All the calls received by your phone will ring on your watch and depending on how the firmware is set up, may include contact information of the caller, if they are in your address book. You have the option of either answering the call on your watch or using your phone to answer the call. You should also be able to initiate calls on your watch using your phone for the connection. Generally you will select either BT or Local (Sim card), if you have one installed, to make the call. This is how it works on the tethering watches like the KW18 I mentioned. 

For those not familiar with tethering watches and need to kill some time before the new firmware is available I suggest you watch this video by Mr. Ticks. You will need to start it back at the beginning.

1 Like