Warning: Do not accept OTA update on Android watch.

See this link www.chinawatchs.com/warning-do-not-accept-ota-update-on-android-watch/

davidymari AvatarDec 20, 2016 20:04:28 GMT 1 davidymari said:
See this link www.chinawatchs.com/warning-do-not-accept-ota-update-on-android-watch/

nice job, for me the method that is mentioned there did'nt work i will try something that Loki gave me and hopefully will work for others as i am that still do'nt have google play store.

Dec 20, 2016 22:20:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

davidymari AvatarDec 20, 2016 20:04:28 GMT 1 davidymari said:

nice job, for me the method that is mentioned there did’nt work i will try something that Loki gave me and hopefully will work for others as i am that still do’nt have google play store.

I also found another solution. Quote from a member from xda ‘So what i did was a factory reset then downloaded settings search app via pc and installed to watch. Then added google account through add account in setting search. It then logged on to google playstore without a hitch. Idid this woithout doing anything but connect to wifi after reset.’ Thanks to Adrian.

I would also leave a comment of this solution for other users.

I had the same problem. I have manually installed Google play store and Google services with apk files.

It worked.

Dec 21, 2016 4:48:28 GMT 1 smith said:

Dec 20, 2016 22:20:25 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
nice job, for me the method that is mentioned there did’nt work i will try something that Loki gave me and hopefully will work for others as i am that still do’nt have google play store.

I also found another solution. Quote from a member from xda ‘So what i did was a factory reset then downloaded settings search app via pc and installed to watch. Then added google account through add account in setting search. It then logged on to google playstore without a hitch. Idid this woithout doing anything but connect to wifi after reset.’ Thanks to Adrian.

tried, not working:(

Dec 21, 2016 7:59:13 GMT 1 otternase said:
I had the same problem. I have manually installed Google play store and Google services with apk files.

It worked.

did you have two play stores running on your watch? how did you manage to install? i did’nt have much luck because there are two play stores that i see running.

No, I have only one play store running. My No.1 D5+ is new, so I have made the OTA update first and afterwards a factory reset. At the first try I noticed that I could not register in the play store. Only a black screen after the password submission. I have copied the Play store app and the Google Service APP as APK to the clock. Then I’ve installed the store first. The “Settings Search” App shows only one installed play store on my watch. I think the update corrupted some files of the play store. The new installation of the Store seems to be like an update of the APP, not a second installation.

My IMEI was not deleted. But you can write the IMEI in the MTK engineering mode:
Telephony -> GPRS

Maybe a factory reset before the installation is necessary

to soniasophie9697:

Don’t try to make factory reset (I’ve found, some updated system applications were not korrekt cleared) and try this:

1. Download and install www.apkmirror.com/apk/weberdo/play-services-info/
  2. Start it and go to “App Info”.
  3. Tap on “Uninstall updates”
  4. Tap on “clear caches”
  5. Reboot
  6. Start WiFi or BT Tethering and start PlayServices Info. (You should see your factory version of play services)
  7. Use menu “APK mirror” and download and install Google Play services 10.0.84 (236)
  8. Reboot
  9. You should be able to login to play store

If not, you can try this workarounds:
a.) in 6. try some older Version. Google Play services 9.8.77, Google Play services 9.8.75 or older. Allways use Subversion 236

I’ve tried 3 versions and for some versions I needed to reboot 2-3 times to be able to login to play store.

If failed, download GSam Battery www.apkmirror.com/apk/gsam-labs/gsam-battery-monitor/gsam-battery-monitor-3-30-release/__trashed-9-android-apk-download/ install it and start it. After while you should see Process play.store. Stop it, deactivate it (this actualy uninstall updates and you have factory version) an clear caches. Now reboot and try Steps 1-8 again.

Good Luck!

Maybe you should start with GSam Battery step. (If you see two play store processes).

Dec 21, 2016 8:29:37 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 21, 2016 4:48:28 GMT 1 smith said:

tried, not working:(

Sorry to hear that,because I don’t have any issue with the update,I can’t test it by myself.

Dec 21, 2016 11:16:32 GMT 1 serak said:
to soniasophie9697:

Don’t try to make factory reset (I’ve found, some updated system applications were not korrekt cleared) and try this:

1. Download and install www.apkmirror.com/apk/weberdo/play-services-info/
  2. Start it and go to “App Info”.
  3. Tap on “Uninstall updates”
  4. Tap on “clear caches”
  5. Reboot
  6. Start WiFi or BT Tethering and start PlayServices Info. (You should see your factory version of play services)
  7. Use menu “APK mirror” and download and install Google Play services 10.0.84 (236)
  8. Reboot
  9. You should be able to login to play store

If not, you can try this workarounds:
a.) in 6. try some older Version. Google Play services 9.8.77, Google Play services 9.8.75 or older. Allways use Subversion 236

I’ve tried 3 versions and for some versions I needed to reboot 2-3 times to be able to login to play store.

If failed, download GSam Battery www.apkmirror.com/apk/gsam-labs/gsam-battery-monitor/gsam-battery-monitor-3-30-release/__trashed-9-android-apk-download/ install it and start it. After while you should see Process play.store. Stop it, deactivate it (this actualy uninstall updates and you have factory version) an clear caches. Now reboot and try Steps 1-8 again.

Good Luck!

thanks so much will try what you suggested, THANKS:)))))

Does it work for you? Sophie.

Dec 22, 2016 4:05:32 GMT 1 smith said:
Does it work for you? Sophie.

have'nt try yet, i want to do it on the weekend and report, hopefully will fix it if not there is another thing i will try but it need root.

NEW OTA UPDATE -> “New OTA has solved this issue

www.chinawatchs.com/warning-do-not-accept-ota-update-on-android-watch/

Which version of OTA is not safe?

Dec 22, 2016 22:29:05 GMT 1 akslow said:
Which version of OTA is not safe?

finow released a new ota which fixes the problem with google play and battery draining, the update from 7\8.12.2016 was the problem i'll update and notify you if it is ok to update.

Yes, I also receive a OTA update, but I don’t accept it.

Dec 23, 2016 4:52:35 GMT 1 smith said:
Yes, I also receive a OTA update, but I don't accept it.

why not? you can try and if you do'nt like you can downgrade (but you need to flash the stcok again).