UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

Hi,
I use Wiiwatch 2 for notifications to my Optimus (2/16), but the BT connection is always lost after about 10 minutes and it doesn’t reconnect automatically. Do others have the same problem?

This is what I did:

• I uninstalled WatchDroid (which works effortlessly) on both the watch and the phone
  • I unpaired the watch in the phones Android BT settings and vice versa
  • I downloaded and installed the WiiWatch2 app, using the QR code from the watch
  • I gave all necassary persmissions to the app
  • I white listed WiWatch2 app on all battery saving settings (i.e. Battery optimusation, Duraspeed and Power Save Manager)
  • Paired the watch using the WiiWatch2 app, NOT using the Android BT settings. Later, I also tested it pairing with the WiiWatch2 AND pairing in the Android BT settings on both watch and phone. Same result.
  • I tried this all, using FW 2.3, 2.5 and 3.3 downloaded from this site.
  • I tested it on 2 phones: the Unihertz Atom (Android 8) and Cubot Kingkong Mini (Android 9)

My guess: the Wiiwatch2 app is crap. It’s not a hardware issue and no issue on the phone, because WatchDroid works fine all the time.

I really really would like to use the long standby mode with functional and reliable notifications. Can anybody help? Are there alternative apps that work in long standby mode (WatchDroid works only in Android mode, it really is a great app!)

Thanks folks!

BTW: I’m really impressed by all the helpfull people on this blog. Great job!

Unfortunately trying to make any kind of notification app work with the Nordic chip OS (Long standby mode) is pretty much impossible.
Entering long standby mode switches all Android functions off as it boots to the Nordic chip OS.

The WiiWatch app issues are likely related to the power saving options on the watch.
The setting in Android 7.1.1 is found under watch Settings/More/Background Cleaner - check it s not enabled for WiiWatch. Otherwise I have no idea what could cause it.
You are correct to use the wiiwatch app to connect by scanning the “connect” code in the app with your phone.
If you have any other BT pairing settings related to the watch on your phone - you must remove them and start again.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! I guess you’re right. But there is no wiiwatch app on the watch, only on the phone. I whitelisted it from all battery saving settings there.

I tried some other apps, made for other watches with the same Nordic chip used in the Optimus for the long standby mode, but as espected, these apps do not recognize or connect to the Optimus :frowning:

So, I will not use the optimus, the battery life is too poor in Android mode, even without any apps installed. Maybe I will try to root it, and try things like controlling the energy used by Play Services or clocking down CPUs.

My old ZGpax S8 had 3 days battery life (2G sim on, data off, wifi off, BT off) with a 470 mAh battery, the Optimus has only 1 day off battery life with 800 mAh :frowning:

Hello, my Optimus pro 32/3, it uses the heart rate monitor several times without my prompting. The monitor turns on itself many times, without having a sleep monitoring app installed. Does Kospet have a hidden sleep app? How can i use this? or install one that uses the heart rate monitor. Does anyone know any that work?

This watch is end of life
The heart rate sensor coming on can be be due to:
a) watch faces that use it
b) health app trying to determine if you are wearing it and sends a monitor pulse every so often to record stats while sleeping etc …
It cannot be disabled as far as we know.

1 Like

Hi… can I reset the FW back to old version?

Yes, that’s possible. But you’ll have to flash it manually.

2 Likes

is the process same as upgrading

You’ll need a PC, you can’t do it OTA.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kospet prime 2 firmware

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kospet prime 2 firmware

Hello Sir and everybody else

I want to ask some questions. I decided to purchase Kospet Optimus Pro 3/32 variant and it’s on its way to my hands. I know the device has its age and there are newer Android 10 watches, but I gave it a thought and I decided that what is most important to me is AMOLED screen and I don’t really want the huge watch like 1,6 inches diameter (I owned Kospet Prime before and it was too big for me).

Since I always root all my devices, I’m sure I’ll do the same here. So I want to make sure about a few things:

1. I’ve read all the thread and if I understand correctly, the latest firmware for Kospet Optimus Pro 3/32 is v3.3? I’ve read about v4.0 and even found download link here so this made me bit confused, but was it just mistake in the name? The latest version on the opening post is still v3.3
  2. I found a thread with TWRP for this watch and root instructions: TWRP for Kospet Optimus Pro (KW_C8_LFLT)
    I assume the tutorial from OP it is still valid? Further in the thread I’ve read about rooting the watch with Magisk and it advices to flash it in TWRP. I remember that when I owned KOSPET Prime, I had to flash patched boot image in SP Flash tool, so I wonder if that is ok to flash Magisk in TWRP.

Mabye other questions will arise when I actually get the watch in my hand :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, v3.3 is the latest version, in my opinion. Where do you found the v4?

2 Likes

Actually, I just logged in to the server in China and there is a v4 for the Optimus Pro.
However, it has not been tested yet.
So I will have to revive my old Optimus Pro and see if it is ok to post it.
I’ll let you know @G1NT0N1C

1 Like

If you give me the link, I can test it, too.

Already flashed it.
I’ll have to upload it for you to test it.
I’ll let you know when I have finished uploading :+1::+1:

Here you go

2 Likes

Can’t see any difference to be honest…

It’s the updated face-engine, I guess.

yes, that tutorial is still valid and both ways of rooting are ok, so you can choose the one you are most comfortable with

1 Like