UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

I was trying to update the 2.6 firmware to version 3.0, and got an error while flashing.

I was using the “Upgrade Firmware” option.

After the error the screen is stuck at the blue Kospet logo on white background, and the watch is unresponsive. I cannot turn off the screen.

Also, I cannot retry the flash procedure, because since the screen is stuck, SP flash tool does not download anything to the watch, and the watch is not recognized.

What should I do now?

If you’re not able to shut down the watch, then you can just wait for the battery to go empty and then you should be able to flash it again

Normally, if you stay pushed on the power button for some 10 seconds, it will shutdown.

2 Likes

Kept pushed for more the 10 seconds - no way.

I think it is some kind of boot loop, or boot stuck, so this would not be a normal shutdown

Okay i faced this issue once…Do one thing…select all the partitions(I uncheck preloader).select download only and click download icon.put the phone on the dock(make sure usb is unplugged). Now press and hold power button as soon as the screen goes off plug in usb…it should start flashing.

1 Like

Normally if the watch is still connected to the pc and you have pressed the download button in the flash tool - when it bootloops the flash will start automatically.

1 Like

Thank you all for your help, I didn’t try your suggestions because after full discharge, I’ve been able to flash again.
Actually after many attempts ( Download errors from SP Tools!!!) I got to flash successfully V 3.0.
I will test now both overheating and sleeping behavior of the watch.

1 Like

That is good news!!
Thanks for letting us know.
Did you use firmware upgrade option?
Cheers.

Yes I did, Firmware upgrade option, all selected.

Now I am performing an additional factory reset before proceeding with configuration and test - as per your hint :wink:

1 Like

Hi,how to fix “Google Service”??

Just install and run this app, then you will find the google play service update page.

It isn’t actually a fix , but an update that otherwise will not install automatically.

1 Like

OK , after a couple days of firmware v.3.0 testing , I can tell that the watch sleeps well, but the overheating issue is still there, after 10 minutes the watch becomes too hot and starts the shutdown of all the external apps.

I’m using the Normal mode.

Is this normal without a sim?

I noticed the same on my optimus in flightmode after using mobile data. I solved it by connecting to PC and press and hold the powerbutton.

1 Like

Did you flash after it Booted or the problem just stopped?

I haven’t flashed it, it stopped the problem.

1 Like

This should be used every time you get a watch or wipe your watch…

Google play services and play store should always be updated immediately as a priority!!!

Thanks G
I’ll test this as well. :+1:

Thanks for reply! Longest standby time with me (maybe little?) :
best_time01

Little for sure, you can get more: this is mine

This is with WiFi always active, 3g on, and screen off.

More tests coming with v. 3.0 normal mode.

1 Like