UPDATED POST! Firmware for Optimus Pro and Hope - UPDATED 18.09.2020 New version for Optimus Pro

Yes, that’s possible. But you’ll have to flash it manually.

2 Likes

is the process same as upgrading

You’ll need a PC, you can’t do it OTA.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Kospet prime 2 firmware

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kospet prime 2 firmware

Hello Sir and everybody else

I want to ask some questions. I decided to purchase Kospet Optimus Pro 3/32 variant and it’s on its way to my hands. I know the device has its age and there are newer Android 10 watches, but I gave it a thought and I decided that what is most important to me is AMOLED screen and I don’t really want the huge watch like 1,6 inches diameter (I owned Kospet Prime before and it was too big for me).

Since I always root all my devices, I’m sure I’ll do the same here. So I want to make sure about a few things:

1. I’ve read all the thread and if I understand correctly, the latest firmware for Kospet Optimus Pro 3/32 is v3.3? I’ve read about v4.0 and even found download link here so this made me bit confused, but was it just mistake in the name? The latest version on the opening post is still v3.3
  2. I found a thread with TWRP for this watch and root instructions: TWRP for Kospet Optimus Pro (KW_C8_LFLT)
    I assume the tutorial from OP it is still valid? Further in the thread I’ve read about rooting the watch with Magisk and it advices to flash it in TWRP. I remember that when I owned KOSPET Prime, I had to flash patched boot image in SP Flash tool, so I wonder if that is ok to flash Magisk in TWRP.

Mabye other questions will arise when I actually get the watch in my hand :wink:

Thanks in advance!

Hmm, v3.3 is the latest version, in my opinion. Where do you found the v4?

2 Likes

Actually, I just logged in to the server in China and there is a v4 for the Optimus Pro.
However, it has not been tested yet.
So I will have to revive my old Optimus Pro and see if it is ok to post it.
I’ll let you know @G1NT0N1C

1 Like

If you give me the link, I can test it, too.

Already flashed it.
I’ll have to upload it for you to test it.
I’ll let you know when I have finished uploading :+1::+1:

Here you go

2 Likes

Can’t see any difference to be honest…

It’s the updated face-engine, I guess.

yes, that tutorial is still valid and both ways of rooting are ok, so you can choose the one you are most comfortable with

1 Like

Actually v3.3 has newer release date than v4.0… How to understand it?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Interestingly, v4.0 you shared has 29.06.2020 release date, but v3.3 from OP is 02.09.2020… What could be a reason for this discrepancy? Id like to be sure which one I should actually flash :wink:

BTW, Ive read that ambient display in Optimus Pro is very very dim… Anybody knows a way to increase its brightness, even with root?

It’s because they never released v4.
The one in the OP is the latest release.

V4 was made but in the end it was decided to make a v3.3 instead and v4 was just left.

As you wanted v4 I got it for you anyway.

2 Likes

Ok, just wanted to make sure. That makes things clear, thank you

I need firmware for Hope lite, i must take firmware hope_b?