Universal Wear Watch Face

So to use this launcher do I have to uninstall universal launcher, or just disable it or choose this new launcher?

Is it compatible with Android 5.1?

It’s not a launcher, it’s a skin. So, if UL is installed, you can quit it. But the skin will only work on last watches with 7.1.1.
UL is much better.

1 Like

Hey Eric, I’ve still got some problems with the text representation of time, particularly with the"digits" in the minutes and tens of minutes area. I think it’s just a fix to the digit representation for {dmot} and {dmtt} on your end for it to map properly. For example, the tens of minutes should be “eleven” through “nineteen” and the individual minutes should be blank. As it is now, the display for 9:11 is NINE TEN ONE. 9:19 is NINE TEN NINE. 9:20 is NINE TWENTY ZER0. 9:21 is NINE TWENTY ONE.

One easy fix is to replace ZERO in the individual minutes with blank. There’s no text time representation where the minutes are shown ending in zero. It’s just left out. Likewise, the ZERO on the tens of minutes can be replaced with “o’clock”

The tricky part is how the teens are handled for the tens of minutes and how the individual minute is set to blank for the entire eleven to nineteen times.

Any chance you can check on this in your app? It’s working correctly on my Gear S3 for any face where I call up text time, no matter what font or size is used, so it must be core in the representation of digital text time by the rendering process.

Oops! One correction. The tens of minutes should be o’clock only when it actually is 9:00. For 9:01, for example, the tens of minutes should be o’ as in NINE o’ ONE.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, on the 2000 and more watchmaker faces I have, I have only one like this… I’ve never really tested it.
I will look into it. :slight_smile:

APK is updated with this correction, i checked with watchmaker app and it should be ok now.
new apk size is 26 984Ko

Whatever you did, it’s working now, Eric. Thanks! Text Time is correct, including top of the hour and “teens” time.

2 Likes

Great work… Now my faces I created in watchmaker mostly work…:+1:t2:

The steps counters, day and shaded /gradient fonts etc don’t work as expected but I’ve redtited some faces and simplified them a little… :+1:t2:

2 Likes
  1. So if I understand right there are 2 apps, watchwear that allows android phones install wear faces and watchmakers which allows to create or download faces for your smartwatch, right?
  2. Should be installed both on smartwatch or computer ? I have installed both in smartwatch but when I ran watchwear my smartwach kospet prime didn’t appear and also font size is really small.
  3. Should I replace my kospet prime launcher for Universal Launcher or another one? How to do it?
  4. Where can I download your Live Wallpaper? Are you creating watch faces with live wallpapers?
  5. By the way, which is the first lemfo live watch face in the video? is compatible kospet prime? where can I get that watch face?
    Thanks for your info and help!!1
  1. I’m not sure what you mean by “watchwear”. Watchawear is an app for sharing and downloading .watch watchfaces. WearWatchFace.apk is the tweaked version of Erics live wallpaper. “WatchMaker Live Wallpaper” lets you use .watch watchfaces on your android phone. Erics live wallpaper lets you use both .watch and clockskin watchfaces on your phone. Yes, watchmaker lets you both create and download watchfaces

2. Normally you would install watchmaker on a phone and your watch would appear in the list when you click download, but that only works on android wear watches. With a full android watch you can do as you wish with where to install it. You can install it on an emulator on your pc if you want to but there is no version made for pc

3. If you want to be able to use .watch watchfaces then universal launcher is the best option. There are also some clockskin faces that only works on universal launcher

4. You can get the original live wallpaper here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricktop.ClockSkinCocoWallpaper
    you should be able to use it on your phone or with a launcher like nova. For the tweaked version that works with the stock launcher of the watch, the link is in the top post (the file named WearWatchFace.apk). No one is creating watchfaces with live wallpapers. It’s rather the other way around, the live wallpaper app turns watchfaces into a live wallpaper so that you can enjoy watchfaces on a launcher that doesn’t natively support them.

5. You can’t get it as this community has a deal with lemfo not to copy each others work

If there’s no specific reason that you’re looking to get .watch watchfaces, I would advice to instead look at all the watchfaces available in this community. If you want to create your own watchfaces you can use watchfacedesigner: Watchface Designer

7 Likes

Wow. Nothing left to say… :+1::grin:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your answer.

1. Sorry for misswriting, I wanted to say Watchawear .I have installed in Watchawear but fonts are really tiny :slight_smile: and my smartwatch doesn’t appear in the list (kospet prime). What I’m looking to get is this: 4) I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QAXghfaJ-w&t=1221s where youtuber SmartWatch Ticks has installed like a “live” watch face, I mean not transforming smartwatch face into phone live wallpaper but transforming a live video into smartwatch face. Can I achieve this with Watchawear or WatchMaker Live Wallpaper or Watchface Designer?

2. Ok, thanks for the info :slightly_smiling_face:

Then I have 2 options to create watch faces: Watchface Designer or Watchawear.

Thanks for the info!!!

Any clockskin can have a .gif file as the background . The new watches support this feature and some of the old . These can be designed using WFD . The .gif file can look like a short video clip ( very short ) if thats what you mean . Try this on your watch -

And

Universal launcher is not required for the animation to work . Also you need to have the apps installed for the touch icons to work .

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

I use a clockskin.watch with christmas countdown but, the countdown not work with your app…it says (testtesttest) can you fix it?

Send me the skin link. It should work…

I can’t send links here, Can u give me your email?

Just click my icon and pm me.

Man, Even in pm it doesn’t give me the opportunity to enter links