Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

ok ive installed it…but my watchfaces are not filling the screen on my lem 16 ,ive seen where you can alter the scale but i still cant seem to get the faces to fill the screen any ideas why?

Press and hold the power button to enter the power down menu. Switch to round mode.

1 Like

thankyou buddy

ok…so this is good ,this is very good

1 Like

hi,ive noticed the recent task button in the power button menu ,doesnt show any recent tasks when using the UL is there another way to see and kill the recent tasks or are they closed automatically

I think this is a known issue. Mentioned higher up in this thread and also in the Z40 thread.

1 Like

i can close recent apps in the stock launcher but not the UL ,will this cause a problem?

I guess it would force close the UL - I haven’t tested it personally.
Android 11 does a very good job of managing dead tasks natively, so I don’t bother.
But you may be able to lock the UL in memory using the stock launcher recent apps menu “padlock” and see if that works?
Also, worth looking on play store for an Android 11 task manager, so you don’t need to keep switching launchers.

1 Like

You can also close apps when using Universal Launcher. Press and hold the power button to open the power down menu. One of the icons is for closing recent tasks.
Only the task cleaner is not accessible in the Universal Launcher. The reason is that it cannot close apps. It just shows a very nice animation…

2 Likes

Thanks G1NT0N1C.
I thought it was this option that was not accessible in the conversation above.

If it is just the task cleaning widget that is not accessible - no problem.
As you say, it didn’t do anything much anyway apart from the animation :joy:

The only one that really works is the long press on the power button recent tasks :handshake:

ive tried this in the UL, holding down the power button, but when i select recent tasks, it just takes me back to the app menu,and doesnt show the apps open like usual for me to close ,but it works fine when i do the same on my watch on the SL,and thats what i was talking about in the begining,i know the clean task with the brush icon doesnt do anything ,i learnt that from watching mr ticks youtube videos

Ah, ok.
This must be what @Eric_Crochemore was talking about when this was discussed previously…?

Otherwise it means that there is a permission that has not been granted.

1 Like

No, as I said this menu is managed by the system directly. UL doesn’t know about it. Usually it isn’t changing at all using UL or SL.

3 Likes

Yep, it became confusing because there is the silly task killer widget panel which just shows fancy animation and does nothing else…
Then there is the long press power button menu which shows power off, restart, recent tasks etc…
It is the long press power button menu which is useful.
Is this also not functional in the UL?
If it is not working I will try to find out why.
Because it should be ok.

I believe that the code used for the recent apps that shows the “lock app” padlock is the problem.
This is the long press power button menu.
So I will ask about how this function is accessed.
If it needs the launcher to be a system app, then we will not be able to fix it I guess.

1 Like

yes, the long press power button- recent tasks does’nt do nothing on my watch in UL,it just takes me back to the app menu instead of giving me the option of closing open apps like it does on the SL

I can’t verify it right now as I currently have experimental firmware installed. I will flash the original firmware tomorrow and test it. I actually think it works.
I’ll reort tomorrow.

1 Like

ive checked and it doesnt seem to be working on my stock launcher either now

@G1NT0N1C @pablo11 …ah…ive just checked again and if i select at the start up screen which launcher i wont to choose ,ie the stock launcher and select always, it works…and the same for UL…so which ever launcher you are using if you select ALWAYS use that launcher at the begining The long press power button - recent tasks option does then work and does allow you to close recent tasks

3 Likes

Good to hear you sorted that out.

2 Likes

@Logan1
Nice, thanks for the update and I’m so sorry for not explaining that along with all the permissions you have to accept for UL when you install it, you “should” set it as the default app for the “Home” app.

As you mentioned in a previous post - it’s easy for us admins to assume that people have researched all the details about these processes.
It’s not because we don’t care.
It’s because sometimes we are not always around to answer questions. We do this voluntarily and have families, and we all have to go to work.
So we promote self education and community support. :+1:

It’s interesting that you have had no problems setting it as the default launcher (Home) app.
There were some reports that when using Android 11 and UL - setting it as default home app seemed to be undone after a reboot. The SL would be set back as default automatically :thinking:

Definitely good news for UL fans that the recent tasks are still accessible using UL if it is set up perfectly.

1 Like