Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Goto watchsettings- lokation- extend. Enable location accuracy.

2 Likes

Location Accuracy is enabled, and allows Maps to establish a location. But I can’t get a fix on the GPS signal. I think it’s a chip gone bad, as I have tried flashing/factory reset/clear and update AGPS, etc. to no avail.

First lock takes a while.
With only GPS enabled and no Wi-Fi or cell data.
You should go outside with no obstruction and use a GPS app and wait.
It can take a while…like 5 or 10 minutes first time because it was set up in China.

If it fails after that it is almost certainly the antenna.

Bad response is for the weather response.
GPS should be fine in your case.
You can check your location in the UL settings

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I can get a fix on GPS Test after about 1-2 minutes. But the location in UL settings is stuck on Paris (I’m in Greenwich CT USA). I do remember seeing the location switch in UL settings until about 2 weeks ago, but no longer. And the time zone indicator that I have on some .watch skins shows CET instead of EDT. So it seems the location is not registering for use by other apps. Tried this on both stock (1.4 and 2.1) and FAW firmware - same results.

Well, it won’t work. I’ve tested and i have now the same issue.
Yahoo has also removed the Location from his API. So, the GPS is working fine giving the position, but when i try to get the associated city using Yahoo, it fails. I will correct it asap, removing Yahoo !

Version 3.5.1 available :

4 Likes

I have also seen that the sunrise and sunset watchmaker tags used in some of my .watch faces are off by the GMT offset amount in UL versions 3.5 and 3.5.1.

EDIT: Weird, I didn’t initially see the post here for 3.5.1. Oops! Disregard what I previously posted but…

Update: Nope, still useless. I cannot change location from Paris and nonstop overlay messages about “GPS found”. @Eric_Crochemore I’m not sure I’m understanding your response. Is 3.5.1 still known to be b0rked?

Even using the ver 3.5.1 universal launcher the gps found message continues to appear insistently but the faces are not updated I get the temperature at 0 degrees I am using the ver faw 1.1 lem 14 the restoration has already been done all the permissions have been granted and even so the weather does not work on the faces that used to work for me

sadly there’s still something wrong with this update, I will correct it. For your information I have been forced to change my computer and re creating the right environment to compile UL is difficult…
About those annoying message, if your gps is turned off, it won’t happen.

2 Likes

thanks Eric I know you will correct it. universal is the best launcher hands down and it definitely takes time to keep it working 100%

2 Likes

I may have lost this correction in the transfer process to my new PC. I will check.

Normally this version should be ok. I’ve tested it successfully.
Let me know if it works.

6 Likes

Thanks eric :handshake:

1 Like

Can you also make button mapper app to take picture besides launching the app?

You can use button mapper with insta camera however I’ve always found it to slow to get a clear picture. I would rather just open the app and see what I’m taking a picture of. Instead of taking a pic in the background.

2 Likes

Yep, sunrise and sunset times working fine now w/ v3.5.2! :grinning: :+1: THANKS!!!

1 Like

This did the trick. Everything working great again. Thanks for the hard work. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for addressing this so quickly. UL settings shows the correct location and the constant “GPS found” overlay messages no longer occur.

1 Like

Thanks, did you mean this insta camera:

I tried it, I can’t make it work automatic - as I understand if you open app it should take photo

1 Like