Universal Launcher [Ver. 3.x and above]

Maybe I spoke too soon - I’m getting reboots more often now with or without HR enabled. I still have no idea if reboots are causing UL to crash or vice versa, but here are a few more stack traces for Eric to mull over.

2 Likes

use heartontop for that

New update on watch droid app will check heart rate every 15 mins if you want

you asked for google fit support. heartontop has it. once you enable the google fit sync and allow heartontop connect to google fit it will look like its stuck, just hit back key and it works

2 Likes

3.4.5 version has been published in first post :it adds watchmaker new layer “rounded” and “ring”.

2 Likes

Wow - simple as that - thanks a lot!

Sorry I could not find a forum specific to UL support - Love UL but I have one specific issue - I disabled task cleaner for WatchClockSkin and Settings but as soon as the Prime 2 goes to standby, I get the dreadful message asking me to pick a launcher (home app) hence I have to select WatchClockSkin and select Always but it keeps asking me the next time the watch wakes up pretty much - any idea / hint?

Am not sure how to check for permissions regarding UL and Android - will Google.

Should I just install UL 3.4.4 since I am running UL from the play store but I saw there was some issues with Prime 2.

The other issue (?) is that UL Always on Display (AOD) doesn’t seem to work - it always goes to standby even if I set a timeout of 5 minutes in the settings.

1 Like

I have same problem, every few minutes I have to select launcher , please @Eric_Crochemore give solution. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Goto watch settings- apps and notifications- special app access unrestricted data access. Enable watchclockskin.

2 Likes

Yes UL 3.4.5 is recommended.
About AOD, it works normally, there’s no timeout setting for this. Just don’t turn off your watch.

2 Likes

Thank you @G1NT0N1C for your prompt reply.:ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! This is what I was missing :ok_hand:

Thank you, Eric! Going to install it - is it OK to install over some existing version of UL or should I just uninstall and install the new version?

Regarding AOD, I was talking about the delay you can set for the display in Watch settings, not UL. Even if I don’t close the display and set a timeout (in Watch settings display) of let’s say 5 minutes, it will still go dark even though I have UL AOD turned on. Will try with 3.4.5 anyway :wink:

You probably have not turned off the system wrist gesture before turning on the ul one.

2 Likes

hello! Excellent update. I tried an unfinished watch that had very few things working in UL, now almost all of it is ok! Well done! I have an issue though: I have tap actions to launch apps using wm_action and w_app (tried p_app too) but it doesnt launch the apps. Kospet Prime 2 A10.
Did you change anything or is wm_Action not supported?

I’ve not changed anything in action. Maybe the app link is not correct ? You can share in pm so that I can check.

1 Like

Hello,

I would like to thank you very much for the new update, with
NEW watchmaker ring layer
NEW watchmaker rounded layer
and some watchmaker bugs corrected

You sir have made my day, Please keep up with the good work

Thanks again, Eric. Especially with such an awesome launcher - will support dev.
3.4.5 is working great so far. Best

I like your universal launcher but i have couple of issues like : Notifications doesn’t display completely? I can see only 2 - 3 lines, rest are cut off, even on clicking bottom arrow i only see oversized open and dismiss buttons? On stock launcher i am able to read complete notifications (no matter how long) and buttons are much smaller! The wifi toggle doesn’t work (didn’t work in earlier versions also), that also works fine in stock launcher! airplane toggle takes you to wifi settings? Also, most of widgets like mail, music, photos etc are not circle but square and doesn’t fit watch circular screen? So, i am back to stock launcher!
Hope these will be fixed in next version!!!

Is there be of way for UL to auto dim the screen when initiating the rendering of the face at 1 frame per second to get AOD working (which runs great) - Wouldn’t that save more of the battery?

If I do that in daytime the face will become not visible, so it would have no meaning.

2 Likes