Universal Launcher New Generation [2.3 and above]

I have turned on this feature all the time :frowning:

Why a square watch face on Kospet Prime ?

1 Like

Because you are in sqare mode ( hold power and when menu show up then click top button)

I tried round and square for 20 times or more, while in the UL settings screen to no avail. Now when you said it again, I was in an other app when I changed to round, and then when I returned to the watchface, it workedā€¦
Very strangeā€¦ - But THANKS :slight_smile:

13 posts were split to a new topic: Bluetooth connect/disconnect

Turkish language support

On my Prime I get the some similar alignment issues whenever I need to switch to square mode to fit something in the screen. I think the issue might be fixed or at least better if the clock face, UL interface/settings and Application list (circular) sizings are not changed when screen is set to square screen - this is how I think the stock launcher works.

After some testing I found the following when watch reboots while Round screen set:
When in UL interface /settings screens after swipe down (power / Bluetooth-Wifi icons / Settings )
Switching to square screen now all above screens are centered but change to about 80%-90% of the screen (probably square mode)
Changing back to round while in the above screens - all (UL interface and clock and app list) are correctly aligned and sized

When on clock and switching to square screen:
Clock skin seems correctly sized but misaligned immediately to between 10% - 15% to the top right
UL interface and all screens are about 80% to 90% of watch screen with a piece of clock showing whether I swipe up/down/left/right
Changing back to round screen while on any screen returns alignment/size everywhere back to normal

I found the following when watch reboots with Square screen set:
All screens are centered and 80% - 90% of watch screen (probably square mode)
Applications that are opened are (correctly) in square screen mode

Changing back to round screen while on any screen returns alignment/size of messages/UL interface and UL Google widget back to centered and full screen. Clock skin is about 80% of screen and towards bottom left of screen. Application list (circular) is also about 80% and towards top left

To fix set or leave screen setting to round and have to reboot

If DPI Override is set and square screen is set:
Clock skin seems correctly sized but misaligned immediately to between 10% - 20% to the top right
UL interface and all screens are about 80% to 90% of watch screen with a piece of clock showing whether I swipe up/down/left/right
Opening Google and exiting changed clock skin and Applications list (circular) to centered but about 80% of screen size
or
Changing back to round screen while on any screen returns alignment/size everywhere back to normal, except clock skin is 80% sized and to the left-bottom of screen and Applications list (circular) is also 80% and aligned towards top-left.

Restarting ULNG does not fix scaling or alignment.
Make sure watch is in round screen mode and reboot to fix.

Some ideas:
Option to disable square screen sizing and alignment of clock skin, UL interface and Application list
A way to quickly switch square/round mode from anywhere could also help
Possibly a list on which applications can be set to automatically change the screen to square or round when opened?
Possibly a setting to automatically disable square mode/switch to round mode when exiting an application
Detecting when a screen is misaligned (out of screen by a percentage) and correcting the sizing and alignment automatically

1 Like

Is there any way to have the UL stopwatch stick to the screensaver, so that this is shown when the arm is turned, instead of the watchface ?
Or do I need a stopwatch/timer watchface to achieve this ?

For the moment, UL will go back the watchface, this is the behavior. You can use an external app or a watchface to achieve this.

2 Likes

Here is the ressource file, you can translate and give it back. For example :
<string name="location_main">translation here</string>
You also need to give me the langage code used by android. Probably for Turkish itā€™s : ā€œtrā€
strings.xml (7.8 KB)

Any suggestion about this widget bug? Today i had the same situation.

No. If all permissions are correctly granted this should not happen.

1 Like

All permission looks ok. For experiment i turned on ā€œGoogle widgetā€. And its work always correct even if other widget didnt loaded correct :frowning:

I installed launcher from play store.
Black screenā€¦ Canā€™t swipe for anythingā€¦

Kospet prime se

What happens after reboot

1 Like

Iā€™ve never seen thisā€¦ And after a watch reboot ?

2 Likes

Phewā€¦ It worksā€¦

I was trying to swipe from the edgesā€¦ (like in the stock launcher) But that didnā€™t workā€¦

Swiping from near the centreā€¦ Worksā€¦ :+1:t2:

But the faces are
A: small when in ā€œSquare screen modeā€
Or
B : Down partially off the screen?

See pics

Works OKā€¦ Found the dpi override settingsā€¦

Another questionā€¦ The icons when you swipe to the leftā€¦
Can they be changed?

Yes. Just download an Icon pack from the playstore. Iā€™m using Rondo Icon pack, for example. It works fine.
You donā€™t have to change the DPI. If you press and hold the face there is a slider to change the scale value.

1 Like

Yes square mode is not supported well. Use round mode and reboot the watch.

2 Likes