Bluetooth connect/disconnect

Another problem on Prime: since installing UL, I get frequent Watch Droid Disconnected/Connected messages, which could be Bluetooth related…
Phone is right next to me on the table, and never saw this with stock launcher.

This is very odd you are experiencing problems no-one else is ?

1 Like

Agree - wish it wasn’t so… :drooling_face:

1 Like

I too have have had the connect/disconnect issue. It seems to happen every time I install WatchDroid on a new watch for some reason, but it settles down after a few days somehow. Before it settles I usually can maintain connection by turning off and on the connection service from the watch app.

@Newfred1, do you also run Android 10 on the phone ?

No, I have an old tablet that has Android 5.

I have android 10 in my phone and I have frequent disconnect/connect messages every 10 minutes,but only if I have wifi on.
only with bluetooth on and wifi off or in charge with wifi on, phone and watch stay connected for hours.

1 Like

I wonder if the signals interfere…
Bluetooth works at 2.4GHz frequency while Wi-Fi based networks work at 2.4, 3.6 and 5 GHz.
Perhaps there is a way to connect the WIFI on 3.6 or 5 GHz only while using Bluetooth. The Prime has WIFI capability in both 2.4 and 5 Ghz frequency bands. It’s Bluetooth is Version 4 which led me to this article from 2013… “Bluetooth and 4G (LTE) famously don’t get on: their signals interfere degrading one another’s performance and draining battery life. Bluetooth 4.1 eliminates this by coordinating its radio with 4G automatically so there is no overlap and both can perform at their maximum potential. Given most phones will come with 4G next year this is a vital improvement.”
So maybe it’s the 4G signal interfering.(The phone)

Read my post below. :upside_down_face:

Thanks Louis,I’ve not thinked to this problem,it could be the reason of the frequent disconnections.
I tried to set the router to transmit in 5ghz but after 3 min i have had a disconnect message.
I have to keep the wifi off.

1 Like

So I am not the only one it seems Andy, already within an hour, 2 other indications of same problem. Apparently it just wasn’t mentioned before…
I wonder if most people haven’t set the extra √ for connect/disconnect popup in Watch Droid, which is not default. You will probably only notice the problem if this is set…
Perhaps a moderator should move all this Watch Droid connect problems into an other thread about that “Bluetooth connect/disconnect” ? - I am sorry it developed to so much off topic talk, I posted here because to me it started happening after installing UL, so I thought this was the problem.
I had a friend over with a tablet which is on our WiFi, perhaps that is on 2.4Ghz and what @Louis_Peek said was the problem - it seems to have settled now, but I have no longer track of why, because UL uninstalled and Watch Droid reinstalled, to see if it was related, so no idea what fixed it.

1 Like

Are you talking about using watchdroid or wiiwatch ? Thanks

watchdroid.wiiwatch haven’t the disconnection notification.thanks

Discussion moved !

3 Likes

1 am using both on the watch and phone software from Lumatic Siftware (see Google play store) and have a stable Bluetooth connection for my Lemfo LEM T watch (and previous ones from Theblkaze, etc).

I may have found the reason for my Bluetooth troubles. I had enabled flight mode and switched on Bluetooth, but it seems in this mode Bluetooth is stopped when the screensaver is on !?
So now I need to look for alternative ways of disabling the cellular signal.

You must also disable power management otherwise when your screen goes dark you are disconnected

For which app ?