Universal Launcher New Generation [2.3 and above]

You’re probably in dim mode. Double tap to open the skin pref and choose bright mode.

Some bugs in watchmaker skins if I remember correctly…

2 Likes

That was it! I guess my brain was also in dim mode.

Just loaded UL onto my Prime. I’m liking it so far but was wondering if it is normal for the swipes to get hung up, so to speak? Example: when I go to settings menu, it is difficult to get to the bottom of the list of settings without bringing up the clockskin. It almost seems that the processing of swipes is delayed. Any thoughts?

just tried on my bakeey a4 and it was much less of a problem than I expected, as long as I don’t swipe from the bottom of the screen it will scroll down the list, so, for me at least, it works just as it should

I’ve no idea what could make it behave otherwise for others

I have the same problem and I think it is a known issue. I have discovered that if I press and hold my finger on the screen whille scrolling rather than “flicking” it like we are used to, it works very well.

Eric is aware of this issue as mentioned in other comments

3 Likes

First, thanks for the replies regarding my UL swiping issues.

Second, after playing around. I have found that I have good success if I swipe from any position other than 12 to 6 or 6 to 12 (say 7:30 to 1:30 or 4:30 to 10:30 positions). And I can definitely live with swiping at an angle vs straight up and down.

Is there a running list of UL issues from users? I hate being redundant;-)

There’s no such list. But that’s an interesting idea.

1 Like

Interesting? Yes.
Good? Not so sure. :upside_down_face:

I have problem with universal launcher and widgets. Sometimes after boot widgets dont load correct. Examples:
Watch droid dont have icons
Google Photos
Monthly calendar is blank
Google Photos

Its happening not all the time. Sometimes re-adding widgets works, sometimes reboot watch (Android 7.1.1)

Merry Chrismas all. Thanks a mil for these great apps and watch interfaces Eric.

I have a few questions… Is LUA scripting (that I read up on, that is available on TIzen and Wear) or similar scripting also available on the full Android watches? It seems like a million more 3D watch faces would be possible if the gyro and accelerometer could be accessed from the watch face and even if/else statements are available in this scripting language.

Thanks for all you do to make these watches SO much better and more customizable

Try turning on “third party app adapter”…

Settings>More>Third-party Apps Adapter

So I’ve been playing around with UL and have had decent enough experience that a donation was sent. But my most recent experience makes me think that either someone has control over my watch OR UL is very unstable on the Prime. My experience has included random dialing when accessing Google Voice to widgets not loading (yields triangle in screen) to watchfaces being misaligned after leaving 3rd party apps even in full mode. Yes I know a reboot will fix but that is not only inconvenient but annoying.

I’m running version 3.0.4 and with my experience it seems I’m in beta. The straw that broke the proverbial canned back was the random calling.

App uninstalled after donation to developer.

Lua script is used with watchmaker skins format, accelerometer is alao supported in this format.

First, thanks for the donation.
Then, playing with app adaptation or zoom mode with your watch is a low level display change. That mean that all application are modified, without being able to know that the display is changing. In short, I can’t do anything about it, I’ve already asked the firmware builders to put my launcher in the exception list, but they don’t…
About my launcher being responsible of phone number calls, I don’t see any way this can be done…

2 Likes

By the way, for those wandeing, here is a little sum up of the donations i received this year.
Thanks to all donators !

5 Likes

Doh!..nated :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply Eric. Are Watchmaker faces possible through UL on a Kospet Prime, with LUA scripts?

Thanks to you. Yes watchmaker faces are running with my launcher.

2 Likes

LOL! You’re welcome you certainly deserve it as you have truly changed my life with UL!jjj

2 Likes