TWRP for Kospet Optimus Pro (KW_C8_LFLT)

I forgot to edit my situation. I flashed twrp and it worked!, but only after replacing the boot.img in the patcher.zip with the latest one from the v3.0 firmware
Thanks!

dont worry, i bricked mine also the fist day, but the people in this forum helped me through it.

Yeah, I got it unbricked😁 The people are helpful

Hello.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide to root my Kospet Optimus Lite (2GB/16GB)?
I need root rights to install an app that shows me why my battery is being vacuumed so fast…
But please show me the EXACT STEPS and best including all Download Links.
Many thanks in advance,
Heiko:thinking:

I don’t believe I can currently create a new post, but I would like to ask…

Does anybody know where I can find the kernel source code for the Optimus Pro? If so, I would like to start a new kernel with many battery and performance optimizations that can also be easily modified to work for other mtk6739 watches with Android 7+.

One more thing… I also am currently working on a ROM/theme for the Optimus Pro. Is anyone interested in me sharing the files when I am done?

1 Like

Could you use these?

No these can’t be used in any way as kernel source.
Further, kernel source for MTK devices is closed source. This means that the only way you might get it is from a leaked source.

Creating generic add on modules for the kernel is probably the only option.

1 Like

Oh and I can’t edit my posts, since they have to be approved. Which is kind of crazy considering I have maybe 5+ posts. Is that meant to discourage people from using the forum? I have seen 3 posts needed for approval before, but from the looks of it, I am more likely to give up on posting before the restriction is revoked.

But what I was going to say is… All device manufacturers are required by the GPL to release their linux kernel source code in a compilable form. Are you saying that they are skirting this? They are not obligated to release proprietary code, like their apps/framework/binaries. But, in the case of the linux kernel, which they do use. They are required by law to release the source code for every update to it they release in a commercial or even non-commercial product.

Thanks a lot for the response. Man that is really too bad. I am good with kernels themselves, but creating add-on modules is a different ballgame. I wanted to do some undervolting algorithms and screen refresh rate mods to greatly increase the battery. What a bummer. I am still going to be working on an optimized rom though for the Optimus Pro at least, and many, if not all, of the adjustments will be easily portable to other devices with Android 7

3 Likes

You have to increase your trust level, read this
Some small Chinese manufacturers refuse to release kernel source, becoming gpl violators, but you can do nothing about it. I own a Micromax smartphone, for which Micromax hasn’t released anything, so I couldn’t compile any roms for it… There are some guides on xda to reverse engineer the kernel source from the boot.img, try searching/asking there :slight_smile:

1 Like

He reached trust level 1 25 days ago, so it is kind of weird if his posts still has to be approved

Ya reverse engineering is possible,though its difficult,but the config file is not present in the boot.img,so it is not possible at all

wow, sounds like a heck of a lot of work, just to create a starting point for a kernel lol. I registered on the kospet forums and will try to bug them for the source and maybe even do some bs legal threats, like having their products non-sellable in the US. I mean realistically they are in violation of GPL and could have sales of their products halted until source released. It is so funny that China steals everyone’s tech and reverse engineers it and then claims that all tech should be shared and hardware should be open sourced and then refuses to comply with open source rules. Shady

edit: I am finally able to post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dont forget we are the official Kospet support so we wont take too kindly to you making " BS legal threats " as you put it ? Chill out and enjoy the forum :wink:

2 Likes

Hello
Thanks a lot @iscle and all.
I have the Optimus Pro for a few days and all is ok with rooting thanks to you !!
Gravity Box (Nougat version) work well and is essential for this watch, especially for the led wakelocks bug, volume control etc … For me is also the GMD gesture control app great, for everyday use.
Do you have found out something new for battery improvement ?

Lux Auto Brightness and Pixoff: Battery Saver is a nice combo for battery saving.

Since it has an oled screen Pixoff can turn off the pixels by making them black while Lux can change the screen brightness using the camera as a light sensor.

Pixoff: https://apkpure.com/pixoff-battery-saver/com.urysoft.pixelfilter

2 Likes

hi, i have an kospet Optimus Pro with fw 3.0 and i would like to flash the twrp.
To avoid problems I have to replace the boot.img file with the boot.img of the 3.0 file in the twrp_patcher.zip file.
Then follow the procedure described in the first post.
Can anyone confirm this?
thank you very much
Max

1 Like

Yes, it should work.

1 Like

thank you very much.
I have successfully installed twrp and also magisk.

Max

1 Like

Hey guys I wanna ask a question: Why TWRP_patcher.zip is needed? How does it work exactly?