TWRP for Kospet Optimus Pro (KW_C8_LFLT)

did Intelli3g do any good?
I might be very wrong on this but I feel like 4G doesn’t get that bad on my battery compairing to the other Gs.
did switching to 2 and 3G make much of a difference?

Intelli3g does what it says it does. Switching to 4g only when necessary is definitely increasing my battery life. I uninstalled it because I think smart network module for xposed by wanam is better and has a lot more options.

Actually I’m very busy at work, so I’m using the Optimus pro only as a phone companion (almost 3 days battery life) and have not had much time to test other modules, but as soon as I can I will definitely give a try to Universal GMS doze.

Cheers

1 Like

Maybe, haven’t tested it… Try it, you have nothing to loose (be sure to have the stock firmware to flash it in case it gets bricked)

1 Like

Hello, I followed your method. but
After I flashed xposed framework with TWRP , Stuck on bootloop.
Which version of xposed framework , did you flash?
Thanks…

Downloaded latest Nougat version from XDA

Thanks for quick answer… FW is 2.6
I installed TWRP and put the magisk.zip and Patched zip which contains boot.img.
I succeed rooting process.
I installed the Universal GSM module also.
But I installed the xposed .apk and I and insatlled the xposed frame with recovery.
I flashed from the version 8.8 though 8.9 … but unfornatley all of them made the boot stuck to the screen “android” … Of course I fixed with recovery TWRP , uninstall xposed frame. and reflash the zip files for the rooting.

I don’t know what was wrong. Please help me…

I had the same issue with xposed (I told about some moments of terror). I just waited some minutes and then the device booted up normally.

1 Like

Thanks a lot… You are right.
I waited for about 5~10min with screen “android” … then booted up normally…
It it really some moments of terror… ^^:grinning:

1 Like

Curious…
Now that twrp and root is full working on Optimus pro, I wonder if it’s possible to edit whether the mic shuts down with the screen is off.
Right now, the mic shuts down when screen turns off, even with built in recorder.
Maybe it can be adjusted to stay on?
It would be nice to record while screen is off.
Right now only option is using Bluetooth recording. Which does work quite well.
Using Easy Voice Recorder.
Thoughts?

Hey, I’ve flashed the TWRP and followed the steps correctly, but my optimus pro seems dead (it won’t respond to anything)…only lights up with the kospet logo when the power button is pressed for a long time… what should I do? Please help as I got the watch just today​:sob::sob:

Flash the original firmware (which I think you can find in the forum) and everything will be fixed.

I was going to do just that, it’s just that the watch’s brand new, I got really nervous real quick
Thanks

I forgot to edit my situation. I flashed twrp and it worked!, but only after replacing the boot.img in the patcher.zip with the latest one from the v3.0 firmware
Thanks!

dont worry, i bricked mine also the fist day, but the people in this forum helped me through it.

Yeah, I got it unbricked😁 The people are helpful

Hello.

Can anyone give me a step by step guide to root my Kospet Optimus Lite (2GB/16GB)?
I need root rights to install an app that shows me why my battery is being vacuumed so fast…
But please show me the EXACT STEPS and best including all Download Links.
Many thanks in advance,
Heiko:thinking:

I don’t believe I can currently create a new post, but I would like to ask…

Does anybody know where I can find the kernel source code for the Optimus Pro? If so, I would like to start a new kernel with many battery and performance optimizations that can also be easily modified to work for other mtk6739 watches with Android 7+.

One more thing… I also am currently working on a ROM/theme for the Optimus Pro. Is anyone interested in me sharing the files when I am done?

1 Like

Could you use these?

No these can’t be used in any way as kernel source.
Further, kernel source for MTK devices is closed source. This means that the only way you might get it is from a leaked source.

Creating generic add on modules for the kernel is probably the only option.

1 Like

Oh and I can’t edit my posts, since they have to be approved. Which is kind of crazy considering I have maybe 5+ posts. Is that meant to discourage people from using the forum? I have seen 3 posts needed for approval before, but from the looks of it, I am more likely to give up on posting before the restriction is revoked.

But what I was going to say is… All device manufacturers are required by the GPL to release their linux kernel source code in a compilable form. Are you saying that they are skirting this? They are not obligated to release proprietary code, like their apps/framework/binaries. But, in the case of the linux kernel, which they do use. They are required by law to release the source code for every update to it they release in a commercial or even non-commercial product.