Two initial questions

I am confused. My LEM T is still boot looping. Can Magisk patch my boot image file? What if i try the patched boot image file for the D version?

Donā€™t take the boot image of the D version if yours is not a D !

That is good advice, but what could make it worse flashing D recovery image file and the firmware? i will take any more advice to get my watch working correctly.

Ok, A couple things I saw in reading through this thread you might have missed. First to install TWRP I think it is best to rename the twrp.img to recovery.img. Not sure if that was made clear.

As far as getting out of the bootloop I would try this - I know I did this once when I had a bootloop and I think it is a matter of catching it at just the right time to start a flash with SP Flash tools. You would be best to have everything ready in SP Flash and ready to hit start but do not have the USB cable attached to your computer yet. But do have it attached to your watch. Then hit the start in SP Flash tools and wait for your watch to start a reboot then attach the cable to your computer. Timing will be important and if it doesnā€™t work the first time keep trying with slight variations on your timing but eventually you should see the Flash tool start flashing. Make sure you have the correct stock firmware.

One other thing once you get things booting normally and if you do want to try rooting then yes from my experience I have never run across an android device that wonā€™t boot if the bootanimation is deleted. They will just have a blank screen until boot up is finished.

droidtrix, thansk for the explanations. I only have two files assuming i got the non D correct: recovery_C10_480X640_LFTL.img and DM100_LEMT_V2.0_2020713_20200712_062848.zip. I used recovery,ā€¦ for boot and recovery flashing options.
I will try your technique during the boot loop, unless to say that I need different files
Edit: could not flash the patched boot files. I did use DM100_LEMT_V2.0_2020713_20200712_062848.zip for the boot, recovery and system.img files. Now that my watch works again, how do i go about rooting and installing TWRP. I deleted the recovery_C10_480X640_LFTL.img file from my PC.

Is there any way to reorder the app icons on the stock launcher?

No, but Universal launcher is able to do it. If you use UL, you can use icon packs also.

1 Like

I will try UL. If i do not care for , I can always remove it.

Still trying to understand what is going on. I flashed
recovery_C10_480X640_LFTL.img in recovery and
boot, and went back to bootlooping. Flashed
the firmware V2.0 boot.img to recover. If I am not doing anything wrong procedurally, should I try the TRWPā€¦ .img file even though it is for the D firmware?

you can try, but I donā€™t expect it to work much better

1 Like

Turn on USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
Download magisk.zip and the apk
Place magisk.zip and the apk and boot.img from DM100_LEMT_V1.1_20200717D into the watch
Replace recovery.img and boot.img by recovery_C10_480X640_LFLT.img (Iscleā€™s custom trwp recovery)
Remove history.ini file in SP Flash Tool folder
Choose the same scatter.txt
unchecked all boxes except recovery and boot
reboot watch

I did not remove history.ini, because I was not told to. Should i have done that?

you can try and see if it makes a difference, but I donā€™t see why it would

I think you might have the third screen version, Iā€™ll make a new port tomorrow that you can try

I will try it and see how it goes.

try this one:

Thanks. I will try it when I have to time recover from a potential bootloop.

1 Like

The third one was good. No boot looping and I have root, according to root checker. Any better way to remove apps i replaced with the Google versions, short of looking of them in /system and deleting them? Have to remember where to find the boot animation .zip file.

1 Like

Renamed the two bootanimation MP3s so i am good there. Where are the stock apps kept, as i will be replacing them by their Google counterparts(Maps, calendar, Chrome, etc)??
Edit: Are there there stock apps hardcoded in the stock launcher? Renamed the stock browser but the icon remained.