Two initial questions

Where is the control for that? Are you running a stock or custom ROM?

maybe it’s something in the wiiwatch settings that’s causing it to only vibrate

Perhaps. would going to a custom ROM fix this? Off course I could delete the sound file on it.

well, there is no custom rom available for it, and regarding whether it would help or not, I’m not sure

All right. How do I root the watch, so i can remove the bootanimation sound file? Use the latest Supersu?

magisk is mostly used these days (at least on these watches) and there are several ways you can go ahead to root with magisk. One way to do it is by flashing twrp first and then install magisk.
check my post here to get the right twrp version:

then go to this thread to get the stock firmware(top post for non D version, or last post for D version):

steps:

1. install magisk manager (Downloading Magisk App... | Magisk Manager)
  2. through magisk manager, download magisk.zip
  3. transfer the stock boot image to a folder on the watch
  4. flash twrp to both the recovery and boot partition
  5. turn on the watch and it will automatically boot to twrp
  6. install the stock boot image
  7. install magisk.zip
  8. reboot and done

Thanks noidremained. I will try thing on Friday. Hopefully i will not have and problems needing more answers. Build is DM100_pro_V2.5_20200710 so no D?

For the non D version I need to flash; recovery_C10_480X640_LFTL.img and DM100_LEMT_v2.0_20200713_20200712_062848.zip?

yep, that’s right

Thanks noidremained. I cannot recall ever flashing TWRP. Are there explicit instructions how to flash the recovery file to the recovery and boot partitions?

ok, you’ll need sp flash tool if you don’t have it already:

in sp flash tools choose the scatter file from the stock firmware, uncheck everything besides boot and recovery, then for both boot and recovery click on the file path and choose the twrp file. then make sure its in download only mode, press download and connect the watch(in turned off state)
1 Like

Downloaded and extracted the subdirectory. Started flash_tool.exe. In the DM100… folder did not see or recognize a scatter file. I do not see any flags to check or uncheck.
I did not load any drivers beyond what was loaded by the DM100.
Edit: must be going blind, as i see the scatter file in the image subdirectory. Flash tools says it was successful but i booted up not to TWRP. What di i do incorrectly? BTW, I just copied the recovery image file to download, as i do not recall getting instructions to do so.

before you press download it should look like this:

Yes mine looks like that.

and the location fields point to the twrp image?

Yes, I changed both fields to recovery…img. hit download and connected the turned off watch. No change. What did I not do?

hmm ok, then I don’t know why it didn’t work, but you can try another method:
in magisk manager, instead of downloading the zipfile, choose to patch boot image. If you can’t find it, download and install this apk then try again:

then copy the patched boot image to your pc and flash it with sp flas tools

Not giving up yet. Should the watch be off, when doing the flashing? I presume I have all the drivers I need already installed? Is this a Win 10 pro problem in permissions?

yes, it should normally be off when you flash it

Tried it one more time, and now the watch is stuck in a boot loop. What now, short of waiting for the battery to die?