Ticwris MAX S and KOSPET Note firmware thread-UPDATED

Thanks for responding. I’m attempting to root it. That FW version is a standard stuck version. I’m just looking to root, basically.

Ok, that’s way out of my wishes or knowledge.

Ha!. No problem. Thanks

Thanks to all who helped with the above-mentioned display problem. I posted the resolution (I thought here, but maybe not) The software still has a round and square mode, and it iit is set to square, the display size reduces on some apps.

I am still wondering about my firmware question above. I followed the Mr.Ticks video & checked for latest OTA update. It says my firmware is up to date, but the version number is TICWRIS_MAX_S_V1.0_20200921W. Should I try & flash version 1.9 above?

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Yes . Flash the latest version but there isnt anything exciting about it

well, there’s no need for twrp if you only want to root it. just download the magisk apk from here: Release Magisk v24.3 · topjohnwu/Magisk · GitHub, install it on your watch, patch the boot image and flash it. If you have any trouble selecting the boot image, take a look at this thread: Root Lemfo Lem12

2 Likes

Thanks. I’ll try that

@roosevelt_louis I have to ask…
What are you hoping to do with root?
I am always interested :+1:

4 Likes

Just root? There are some apps that require root. I have the Ticwris Max rooted and I was to do some cool things. Titanium backup. BusyBox. Bottomsettings, etc. Just an added advantage to stretch the device further.

1 Like

@roosevelt_louis
Busybox is just a list commands that are used when you are in SU mode.
They are symbolic links to the root commands in the system.

What I am interested in is - what cool things were you able to achieve apart from backup?
Backup is fine using TWRP so Titanium is not really important.

I am very curious about what you think are the benefits of having root access?

This is a legitimate question.
I am gathering information and feedback on this subject.

Cheers

Soz for repeating question but I am so curious :grin:
Just want to know any chance of realeasing FAW version for kospet note?

No, no chance. Sorry.

1 Like

This better explains my reasons.

I thought Customs Roms would be a thing but not likely.
My focus is on battery life, device customization, removing unnecessary apps(wallpapers, music). I’m also a root freak. Phone,tablet,watch,“TV”. I’m an addict. Lol.

Super. But from where come this firmware ? There is no DM101 pro with Android 10 on the market actually…

I could tell you - but then I would have to kill you afterwards. :shushing_face: :wink:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: DM100 A10 possibilities

@G1NT0N1C :joy::joy::joy::joy:
That’s right lol

1 Like

Actually, the DM101 is just a name for the board and body design.
This firmware is for the exact same board but due to the shortage of new components, it was never used for an A10 model.
I don’t know if you have ever read the FAW international firmware release notes, but if you have, you can see that we have a relationship with the solution provider for all these watches.
This is why we work together - to provide customer support and a better firmware experience. :+1:

4 Likes

Hello!
I am using a MAX S daily as a standalone phone and as the android 10 upgrade is “at your own risk”, I’d like to know if anyone who upgraded could make a comparison between the a10 and a7.1.1 (speed, battery life, stability, app behaviour). I’m also using a floating toucher, a rotation manager and one more persistent app so I’d also be interested if a10 is as reliable as a7.1.1 in NOT killing those apps.
I know I could make these experiments myself, but since the watch is my daily driver, getting it wrong might be costly, so I’d rather ask for advice from more experienced/adventurous users before doing it.
TL;DR is the android 10 upgrade worth it?

1 Like

For me its a no brainer and it makes the watch complete . Apps are improved as most of the rotation issues are gone . Dont forget we tested this before release so feel to go for it . And dont forget to factory reset after installation

1 Like