Ticwris MAX firmware

Nope, sorry.
We are focusing on the A10 models only.
Wiitee has moved on from A7.1.1 so we have to do this same as them, with them…

So ticwris max is dead.

Not dead . Just left behind with all other 7.1.1 watches . This isnt a issue as most of the last firmware updates should be just fine for use . Older watches cannot be supported with updates for ever

@Carlos_Cruz
In all the years we have been working with full Android watches (over 6 years) there has never been a model that was updated from one Android version to the next Android version.

It just does not happen.
Mostly because the boards are built and designed to work with a particular version of Android.

The only updates that come OTA are for fixing problems. They are not OS security updates - just bug fixes.

This is the way they work and also one of the many reasons why they are so much cheaper than any other “official” wearable that can do anywhere near as much in the way of functionality.

There is nothing wrong with the Ticwris MAX.
Mine is working perfectly and I expect it will continue to, for a long time.
Even better, it didn’t cost me $600 + US.

4 Likes

Mi ticwris max is working fine so far. It remains compatible with everything so far. I got mine with a review exchange with a advertising company. Was part of my payment to review it. Love it just wished it advanced in to the new os world. But well thats all folks. Thanks @pablo11 for the info.

It won’t advance, but there will be a new MAX model which will be up to date (don’t ask me when, I just know that it is in planning).
That’s just how it works in Shenzhen.
Always a new model rather than struggling to get new operating systems to work with old hardware because it makes no financial sense for them.

1 Like

Hey Pablo, quick question. I picked up a Ticwris MAX, it seems to be a “w” variant, but the build number is showing TICWRIS_MAX_V1.1_20210109W. I can’t seem to find this version anywhere, but I am looking to root (Adaway). Do you know if I’m good to go on using the scatter/boot/TWRP images from the “V1.0_20200921W” ROM?

Not having a copy of the 1.1 firmware that came with the watch is making me pause from trying anything, in case I get stuck in a position of needing to flash back to stock.

Your best bet is to take your boot image from the correct firmware and patch it with magisk.
The TWRP you refer to should be ok as they are both W screen types.

Thanks for the reply!

I can’t seem to find the V1.1 firmware anywhere online, nor does it seem like I can find a way to back up the current boot image I have on my watch. Normally this is something I would do through recovery like TWRP.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but in order to use TWRP on these watches you have to flash it over your boot image, at which point my stock boot image would be lost?

No you patch the boot image with magisk and then flash that boot image with the TWRP Recovery image.

TWRP is compiled with the recovery image.

Right, the question is how to get the boot image from my firmware.

Just wanting to make sure I understand the flow correctly:

1. Flash TWRP over the stock recovery with SP flash tool
  2. Enter recovery (I assume hold down both watch buttons or something similar)
  3. Back up the boot image with TWRP
  4. Give that boot image to the Magisk App to patch
  5. Enter recovery again and flash that patched boot image with TWRP

Merry Christmas!

No - you need to tell me what your stock version is and I will get it.
Then you patch the boot image from that firmware with Magisk Manager - usually transfer the boot image to your mobile phone - patch with Magisk on your phone and then transfer that patched image back to your PC.
Then you use the stock FW scatter file in “download only” mode in the flash tool to flash both patched boot and the TWRP recovery image at the same time to your watch.
But - only these two images.
Install Magisk Manager to your watch.
Run it and if it asks to patch boot image again - let it run and reboot watch again

Enable USB debugging on your watch and then connect it again to your PC.
Then you need to use minimal ADB+Fastboot tools (from your PC) to run “adb reboot recovery” from your PC while the watch is connected and it should reboot to TWRP.

I am surprised that you have not researched this from the official Magisk web page - it’s all there.
Download Magisk Manager Latest Version 23.0 For Android 2021

I’m going to upload this in about an hour.
You can use the boot image in this and patch it with Magisk.
After that - you can do your own research and find out what you need - but it will be as I already described.

I don’t mean to sound strange - but why did you not find this stuff out already ?
It’s all been discussed here previously and it’s not hard…
But - I am a grumpy old bastard - so there you go - lmao :rofl:

Your FW stock version

1 Like

Thanks Pablo, I did research and had a pretty good grip on what I needed to do- I was just struggling to figure out how to do it without having the stock firmware file for the boot image! But you’ve graciously provided it now so everything makes sense. You’re the best!

1 Like