Ticrwis MAX-S + Kospet Note - new rectangular model - official support thread

thats right…get a max s and see for your self…i have 9 securitycams in my house and you will never get this image on a round watch, thats for sure…

4 Likes

@Dotsfar
I do not have a “regular phone” anymore since a couple of years : my watch IS my phone.
I’m very satisfied because it actually does the job (with the proper earphones), if you’re not in love with social media’s and chatting all day long (Nevertheless i use messenger, what’sapp).
I used to have a LemX (a big round one). Great, but as you mentionned, most apps are made for square screens… So often annoying if you don’t use the stock launcher / apps.
Then i moved on a LemT : a big advance… very big device. But with a screen big enough to do whatever you want, AND, very important : a BIG battery capacity ! THIS really makes a difference : not having to charge it twice a day, while having wifi-gps-BT on…
Now i’m moving along with something a little more minimalist : the Max S.
To be continued…

1 Like

Which app for your cams ? I have too, using tinyCam PRO…
…perhaps I should slow down and see if it ever gets A10…

i used to use tinycam pro but use annke vision now as my setup is from annke…

1 Like

Have not tried the MAX S yet.
It’s on the way. :+1:

1 Like

Hi folks, a quick question :slight_smile:
I placed an access to “recent apps” icon on my main screen.
When i set it up, to make it work, i have to give some access permission.
My problem is, everytime i turn off the screen, somehow this “permission” switches off, and the “recent app” button doesnt work anymore, until i give the permission again.
Do someone know how to fix this?

I use messaseease on my prime #1 and use to use it on my lem4 pro/dm99. I should be getting mine in the next 2-3 days, as far as specs goes its the same as the prime #1 but with a square(rectangle) screen and a usable size battery, I like square watch and always keep it locked so the watchface are of no use to me. I use mine as a wristphone more than as a watch. looking at the pictures and comments that you posted, I just cant wait,

1 Like

I’m still waiting for mine but got a quick question, was the advert correct about the front camera been 8mp and the side cam been only 2mp?

So its the same watch as the Lem T only smaller and a front facing camera?

Yes smaller (better for the average wrist…), same front camera but an additional camera on the right.

2 Likes

Still waiting android 10 version

1 Like

Android 10 and better camera \ camera location would be nice otherwise looks nice

If there is an A10 version - it will be a new model.
I have been told that the existing model will not be “upgraded” it will be new.

Which is due to the different board they will have to use.

The price of the M6739 chip has increased dramatically over the last couple of months and so it will be faded out for watches.

Newer models will have A10 m6762 board or something else… But not M6739.

1 Like

I’m just spoiled with my genesis and the 12oclock camera. Always found the 3oclock camera weird and hard to use

I can understand that.
Mind you, I have not once needed to use the camera on a watch since they first came out :grin:
I just don’t need it

3 Likes

Just recieved my ticwris max s, the battery life seems pretty decent, I’m a light phone user, It still have the face unlocking bug that the kospet have where you can only disable the faceunlock once you confirm with the face that you set it up with, eg if I lent someone the watch even though they know the unlock pattern they cant disable or change the face unlock to use thier face, the other bug I find is that the watch faces doesnt show notifications, all these are software bugs and not phone specific. the watch sits very well on my wrist, its not too heavy, clear sound, better bluetooth connectivity than the kospet. The charge dock is the same as the max, display is clear outdoor but its overcast at the moment so got to wait till we get some sunshine to see what its like then, power usage with my usage seems to be about 20% per day but will leave map running all day tomorrow to see how long it last, its a pity they didnt put a sleep monitor app on there instead of the stupid pingpong and jump ropo app, how many people actually jump ropo or play pingpong? there are some permissions which just doent make any sense, I couldnt get the web browser to work on the kospet and when I change permission on the max s I found out why, why would the web browser and calender needs to read the contact list to work? and when will they ever fix the calender so you can actually use it? and since you cant use it how can you remove it without root access?

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I hope Father Christmas may have one for me, l hinted I’d like one :wink:
Looking forward to getting to know it and get the feel of a square watch/phone. It shounds very very promising with 20% pr. day. Then it shouldn’t be a problem to treat it like a real phone, without disabling everything to get through a day :ok_hand:
With the Prime 2 I am getting this feeling, and the more functionality I dare enable, the more I start to love it. I have 15% power left now, after 14,5h. Have started playing with Nova Launcher and setting it up with preferred apps on the background, like a phone. But I miss the watchfaces. Wish we could have both. First I used Nova Launcher by simply starting it as an app when I needed it. I am thinking about trying that again, and this time have a touch field in my watchface which starts Nova Launcher. Then it could perhaps be like having both worlds :+1:

We will get a patched boot image and TWRP recovery so that you can use Magisk root.
But give us time…we only just got them

Hi there,
I’m an “average” phone user (using the watch as only phone), leaving home at 6AM with 100% battery, and back around 7PM with 10-30%… (Wifi off unless updates to do, GPS ON, BT ON + 2 hours listening music & 1 hour training with app).
So it mostly does the job, but a spare dock on the go can be handy in case of…

Back with the Ticrwris MAX, battery was rarely a problem… Now, well, I have to keep an eye on it, which is less “comfortable”, but the reduced size is a satisfactory compensation.

1 Like

Hi All. this is what I was griping about when I said the watch face doesnt give notification. If you look at the message icon on the first picture its not showing anything but when I go to desktop as in the second picture you can see that a message is there to be read.

1 Like