Thread for disgruntled people.

its not waterproof and offers nothung new. not a worthy upgrade in the slightest. only cpu etc basic apps. we need continuous heartrate or at least built in heartrate tracking with sports mode and sleep tracking a good one… gps tracking in sports… with the new chipsets they should be able to pull it off, especially with battery size such as the lemx… Hell my Band 2 Pro has a 200amp battery and does 24/7 heartrate and full diagnostic sleep. and about 4 hours gps… there is no excuse really. their developers need to catch up is all!!! Tweak the kernal and the software that comes with the watch… not to mention the WII app…

No hardware upgrade will fix these issues if they just go bigger, higher resolution etc. .just more of the same lame updates… Even the Lem X is mostly hype, be real!

And I do know, I am a Quality Assurance manager for a massive company and this is my job… Professional testing of hardware and software. We have over 100 developers, testers etc… These companies are doing the easy upgrades.! Waterproof is mandatory so are the features i mention above… Otherwise you all are just getting caught up in the eye candy… Oh yea bluetooth calling also… It’s not difficult they just need to invest the time and money… However does it first will make a bomb selling to other companies anyway as it’s not opensource! Anyway my 2 cents… I watch these forums and most are just going with the flow… They need to make these changes it’s just slight effort for big payoff, they’ll double their sales period and can charge 20 percent more for the feature sets! Stupid of them really, priorities are wrong period… they offer more flavors of the same half baked products!

Sept 29, 2018 3:36:17 GMT 1 tege said:
And I do know, I am a Quality Assurance manager for a massive company and this is my job.. Professional testing of hardware and software. We have over 100 developers, testers etc.. These companies are doing the easy upgrades.! Waterproof is mandatory so are the features i mention above.. Otherwise you all are just getting caught up in the eye candy.. Oh yea bluetooth calling also.. It's not difficult they just need to invest the time and money.. However does it first will make a bomb selling to other companies anyway as it's not opensource! Anyway my 2 cents.. I watch these forums and most are just going with the flow.. They need to make these changes it's just slight effort for big payoff, they'll double their sales period and can charge 20 percent more for the feature sets! Stupid of them really, priorities are wrong period.. they offer more flavors of the same half baked products!

Ha ha - you have to bear in mind who your dealing with here.
It’s a whole different world and with one aim in mind - producing reasonable wearable electronics at an extremely low price in huge quantities.
I know this very well as we work with several of these brands and I’ve been there to Shenzhen to consult with them and discuss these points.

All the stuff you mentioned above is available for those who want to spend a significant amount of money for a supposedly “smart watch”
Indeed - in a few months we will see Full Android watches coming from a different chipset vendor which should fit your ideas quite well - but for around $350 - $500 USD.

Here we understand the limitations of the devices we are dealing with and the issues with quality control etc etc …but we only expect to pay between $90 - $190 USD for a fairly good product.
At this price point high quality waterproofing is extremely difficult to achieve on devices that have speakers and microphone… I don’t expect to take my mobile phone into water without issues - and I treat my watch phone in the same way.

As for the BT calling feature - been there - done that on Android 5.1.
It can also be done on Android 7+ watches but the security implications are extremely challenging and some BIG companies (who will remain nameless) are at the point of almost outlawing the use of Bluetooth for comms functions.
For these companies that use the MTK SOC it is even more difficult as these BT stacks have been stripped down for a reason - they are also used by the Chinese military and parts of the source code are completely “off-limits”
At the end of the day the BT calling function is ok but not really an urgent requirement and yes, it requires funding to do it.

The end game here is to finally produce a watch that allows you to leave your phone at home.

The LEMX is an example of this becoming close to reality - and again at an extremely low price for what it can do.

So - whilst we appreciate your sentiments - your comments don’t apply here.

Thanks anyway but we will keep this thread on the topic of the thread title.

I will move these comments to a different home.

Thanks

I’m putting this here for people who want to rant or complain about the Chinese MTK watches we use.

Sept 29, 2018 5:03:04 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:
Sept 29, 2018 3:36:17 GMT 1 tege said:
And I do know, I am a Quality Assurance manager for a massive company and this is my job.. Professional testing of hardware and software. We have over 100 developers, testers etc.. These companies are doing the easy upgrades.! Waterproof is mandatory so are the features i mention above.. Otherwise you all are just getting caught up in the eye candy.. Oh yea bluetooth calling also.. It's not difficult they just need to invest the time and money.. However does it first will make a bomb selling to other companies anyway as it's not opensource! Anyway my 2 cents.. I watch these forums and most are just going with the flow.. They need to make these changes it's just slight effort for big payoff, they'll double their sales period and can charge 20 percent more for the feature sets! Stupid of them really, priorities are wrong period.. they offer more flavors of the same half baked products!

Ha ha - you have to bear in mind who your dealing with here. It's a whole different world and with one aim in mind - producing reasonable wearable electronics at an extremely low price in huge quantities. I know this very well as we work with several of these brands and I've been there to Shenzhen to consult with them and discuss these points.

All the stuff you mentioned above is available for those who want to spend a significant amount of money for a supposedly “smart watch”
Indeed - in a few months we will see Full Android watches coming from a different chipset vendor which should fit your ideas quite well - but for around $350 - $500 USD.

Here we understand the limitations of the devices we are dealing with and the issues with quality control etc etc …but we only expect to pay between $90 - $190 USD for a fairly good product.
At this price point high quality waterproofing is extremely difficult to achieve on devices that have speakers and microphone… I don’t expect to take my mobile phone into water without issues - and I treat my watch phone in the same way.

As for the BT calling feature - been there - done that on Android 5.1.
It can also be done on Android 7+ watches but the security implications are extremely challenging and some BIG companies (who will remain nameless) are at the point of almost outlawing the use of Bluetooth for comms functions.
For these companies that use the MTK SOC it is even more difficult as these BT stacks have been stripped down for a reason - they are also used by the Chinese military and parts of the source code are completely “off-limits”
At the end of the day the BT calling function is ok but not really an urgent requirement and yes, it requires funding to do it.

The end game here is to finally produce a watch that allows you to leave your phone at home.

The LEMX is an example of this becoming close to reality - and again at an extremely low price for what it can do.

So - whilst we appreciate your sentiments - your comments don’t apply here.

Thanks anyway but we will keep this thread on the topic of the thread title.

I will move these comments to a different home.

Thanks

My two cents:

I love full android, while I hate, to get cut off on functinality on the watches.

BUT all watches I had tested (cheap LEM 5, expensive Ferace 3 with Qualcomm), I have to say the quality of the chinese brands have a big problem and NO, it is not the price, that is here important.

I mean i bought a new LG Urbane 2 (250 Dollar more than a year ago, imported by myself) and the Xiaomi Stratos 2 (150 Dollar, local shop in TH), also a very cheap Xiaomi BIP for my wife (and I think i get one too, they are amazing / 50 Dollars only and it stays abuot 30 days on battery, with GPS and continouus heart rate monitoring)

I mean, it seems the chinese MTK based watches are a big joke, where they really spend no time on development nor QC.

I mean, I manage a factory here in Thailand (other industry) and we produce quite cheap too, but this doesn’t mean you can abandon QC etc.

Also the prices with more than a 100 Dollar for a Lemfo or Finow are a joke. You get better material for less money.

Xiaomi is also Chinese, but they build solid (I use a wide range of their products Mi Mix 2s / Stratos / FitBand 3, BIP)

Also, even I get a little bit cut off with Wear on the LG Urbane 2, with a few tweaks, you get almost all apps running, that also run nromally under full Android (Facebook, Line messenger, i have it all and it runs SMOOTHLY)

The urbane 2 got a few month after I had bought it even cheaper and was on Sale NEW for 150$.

I was long time not online here and also my interest in the full watches is getting lower.

All I wanted from these watches, I found now in other ways.

And this is the sad thing about it. People turn away from full Android watches, because of all the reasons mentioned above.

I welcome newer brands, that will bring good chipsets, overall solid hardware and solid software. Also I’m really willing to pay more for such things, but my exeprience is, that you not even have to pay that more.

Even cheaper things are better than this MTK bunch.

Waiting for:

Full Android Watch

Transfelctive Screen (yes no colorful AMOLED)

Days of battery (min. 4)

Touchscreen

SIM connectivity

GPS

NFC

Qualcomm Chipset!?

harmonized software (yes, it should all work in harmony together ad make good use of the hardware, also things like GPS etc. should be usable for hours not just minutes)

Sept 29, 2018 9:22:05 GMT 1 seb84 said:

My two cents:

I love full android, while I hate, to get cut off on functinality on the watches.

BUT all watches I had tested (cheap LEM 5, expensive Ferace 3 with Qualcomm), I have to say the quality of the chinese brands have a big problem and NO, it is not the price, that is here important. - the exprience you’ve had with lem5 and finow watches are understandable have you tired k88 or kw99 or the ones that HAVE’NT being made by finow? 

I mean i bought a new LG Urbane 2 (250 Dollar more than a year ago, imported by myself) and the Xiaomi Stratos 2 (150 Dollar, local shop in TH), also a very cheap Xiaomi BIP for my wife (and I think i get one too, they are amazing / 50 Dollars only and it stays abuot 30 days on battery, with GPS and continouus heart rate monitoring) - the lem x did’nt cost over 200USD while the lg urbane cost less than 300USD after being out for at least two years and…you have the knowledge how to modify it, does everyone? Xiaomi watches are’t a fair compare as they DO’NT give you what the full android watches can, have you ever seen any other smartwatch with full connectivities and give you full usage as a phone? i have and not just the lem x and…the cost between the 50USD to max 160USD.

I mean, it seems the chinese MTK based watches are a big joke, where they really spend no time on development nor QC.

I mean, I manage a factory here in Thailand (other industry) and we produce quite cheap too, but this doesn’t mean you can abandon QC etc. - considering the first mtk full android watches and now…these chinese brands have come a long…way with mtk, using different chipset will increase value and most wo’nt go for these prices, does any watch that gives more than 3 days of usage have this chipset? NO.

Also the prices with more than a 100 Dollar for a Lemfo or Finow are a joke. You get better material for less money.

Xiaomi is also Chinese, but they build solid (I use a wide range of their products Mi Mix 2s / Stratos / FitBand 3, BIP) - this is’nt fair toward lemfo as they are’nt the maker of the watches BUT they do make the effort to improve their products and listen to what our developers have to say and the most better examples are the LEM X and the new line of LEM7 and now the LEM8.

Also, even I get a little bit cut off with Wear on the LG Urbane 2, with a few tweaks, you get almost all apps running, that also run nromally under full Android (Facebook, Line messenger, i have it all and it runs SMOOTHLY) - Few tweaks? you are talking about something that sounds easy but is’nt for the mejority of users and on full androids you do’nt need this knowledge of you do’nt have to just if you want to and btw, having this knowledge can help you customize any full android and use it’s full potential to maximize usage for days and still have full phone watch.

The urbane 2 got a few month after I had bought it even cheaper and was on Sale NEW for 150$. - yes…but how long after it was launched?

I was long time not online here and also my interest in the full watches is getting lower.

All I wanted from these watches, I found now in other ways.

And this is the sad thing about it. People turn away from full Android watches, because of all the reasons mentioned above.

I welcome newer brands, that will bring good chipsets, overall solid hardware and solid software. Also I’m really willing to pay more for such things, but my exeprience is, that you not even have to pay that more. - you can not actaully compare your decisions to others not everyone can afford paying that amount of money on products that changes every year, i did so with my smartphone (not anymore stupid behavior) but do so with smartwatches?? 

Even cheaper things are better than this MTK bunch. - no they are’nt if you compare specs of daily usage and what full android smartwatch give you daily over any sportwatch or supposly smartwatch.

Waiting for:

Full Android Watch

Transfelctive Screen (yes no colorful AMOLED) - agree not with all watches but to have options is good.

Days of battery (min. 4) - do you get this with your phone? most likely no, so why with full andorid watch which is basically smartphone.

Touchscreen - has

SIM connectivity- has

GPS - has and improving as you can see on the lem x and soon on the lem8

NFC - agree but not with all watches as it will make it more expensive.

Qualcomm Chipset!? - no if you do’nt want to pay over 200USD just to have this chipset.

harmonized software (yes, it should all work in harmony together ad make good use of the hardware, also things like GPS etc. should be usable for hours not just minutes) - the software has improve extremly on these watches again which watches have you tried? my GPS is on for 24\7 with 3g and wifi\BT on for few hours and 3 acitivites (24\7) apps that two uses gps and i workout for at least 2hrs and notifications, live watchfaces, music and i still get on my lem x about 15hrs(min) to 20hrs (max).

if i had my first smartwatch and compare it to the new ones all users have seen the differences and the iprovements that these watches have come through.

Sept 29, 2018 9:22:05 GMT 1 seb84 said:

Waiting for:

Full Android Watch

Transfelctive Screen (yes no colorful AMOLED)

Days of battery (min. 4)

Touchscreen

SIM connectivity

GPS

NFC

Qualcomm Chipset!?

harmonized software (yes, it should all work in harmony together ad make good use of the hardware, also things like GPS etc. should be usable for hours not just minutes)

seb84 my friend,you understand that there are people out here who don’t agree with all your pap. While I have tried several watches over the last few years that I really didn’t care for I do really find my I4Air and Lem 7 to be an worthwhile companion to my phone. I prefer the I4Air to the Lem 7 mainly because some of its features I like better. #1 running watch droid they do an outstanding job of providing notifications and responding from the watch to my phone making life a lot easier. It has performed nearly flawless for over a year, doing everything I expect from a smartwatch, with 24 to 30 hours on a charge. It is still running the original firmware because I don’t need to update the firmware every week, root the watch, or feel I need to tweak every aspect of the watch. Sorry charlie it works fine as it came out of the box for what it was intended to be. A standalone phone with other useful options. I’m not interested in making it do things it doesn’t really want to and then constantly complain about how poorly it works, which fills the pages of this forum on a daily basis. Its akin to buying a economy car and expecting it to drive like a luxury car. If I wanted what you and others propose I would expect to pay $300 or more, similar to the other watches available from the Big 3. I am not wanting to do that so I’ll keep my I4Air and Lem 7 thank you.

I do agree with some things said here…even though these are some very cheap watches, they could have better support. I recently bought a zeblaze thor pro and honestly I didn’t like it. The screen is not very responsive and has some issues (yes I know it is a reflective or transflective screen or whatever it is called) that if I had known before buying, I would have bought another one. This is not a characteristic of these types of screens because I had an amazfit with a transflective screen and it was very responsive. Also, for me, the 320x320 resolution on that screen size (1.53 inches) was a bit too low, It looked a bit low resolution to me because of the lower resolution and bigger screen, compared to the other watches.

Having used android devices for a really long time and being active on XDA forums(even though I recently switched to an iPhone to try it for some time) I learned some things about android. Android 5.1 is a bit bad for these watches unless you root and know what you are doing because on 5.1 there was still no significant software to control cpu wakelocks (which happened a lot on 5.1). With android 6 and so on they introduced Doze feature, which gives much more control over battery and keeps the wakelocks controlled so there is no significant battery drain on background processes.

I believe android 7 watches will have significantly better battery life. I sold my thor pro and ordered a Kw88 pro which has android 7 so I will let you guys know the difference once I have it.

Even with some limitations, these watches are still very good!

Sept 29, 2018 15:24:05 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
I do agree with some things said here...even though these are some very cheap watches, they could have better support. I recently bought a zeblaze thor pro and honestly I didn't like it. The screen is not very responsive and has some issues (yes I know it is a reflective or transflective screen or whatever it is called) that if I had known before buying, I would have bought another one. This is not a characteristic of these types of screens because I had an amazfit with a transflective screen and it was very responsive. Also, for me, the 320x320 resolution on that screen size (1.53 inches) was a bit too low, It looked a bit low resolution to me because of the lower resolution and bigger screen, compared to the other watches.

Having used android devices for a really long time and being active on XDA forums(even though I recently switched to an iPhone to try it for some time) I learned some things about android. Android 5.1 is a bit bad for these watches unless you root and know what you are doing because on 5.1 there was still no significant software to control cpu wakelocks (which happened a lot on 5.1). With android 6 and so on they introduced Doze feature, which gives much more control over battery and keeps the wakelocks controlled so there is no significant battery drain on background processes.

I believe android 7 watches will have significantly better battery life. I sold my thor pro and ordered a Kw88 pro which has android 7 so I will let you guys know the difference once I have it.

Actually miqueldbr the Thor Pro has an IPS screen not reflective or transflective so you can't compare it to your amazfit. This was known and I posted the information to this forum after the watch was introduced. It also was correctly identified in most of the vendors web sites I visited. 
Sept 29, 2018 15:45:47 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Sept 29, 2018 15:24:05 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
I do agree with some things said here...even though these are some very cheap watches, they could have better support. I recently bought a zeblaze thor pro and honestly I didn't like it. The screen is not very responsive and has some issues (yes I know it is a reflective or transflective screen or whatever it is called) that if I had known before buying, I would have bought another one. This is not a characteristic of these types of screens because I had an amazfit with a transflective screen and it was very responsive. Also, for me, the 320x320 resolution on that screen size (1.53 inches) was a bit too low, It looked a bit low resolution to me because of the lower resolution and bigger screen, compared to the other watches.

Actually miqueldbr the Thor Pro has an IPS screen not reflective or transflective so you can't compare it to your amazfit. This was known and I posted the information to this forum after the watch was introduced. It also was correctly identified in most of the vendors web sites I visited.

It was identified as an ips but there is a lot of wrong information on the internet so I never really knew for sure which type of screen it was but thanks for clarifying. In that case, even more reason for the screen to not have sensitivity issues since ips is a very common screen type correct?

Sept 29, 2018 16:41:57 GMT 1 migueldbr said:
Sept 29, 2018 15:45:47 GMT 1 capt jon said:

pablo11 has comfirmed on thor pro threads what capt jon said:) 

Its no the first time that peoples complaints or have their own opinions,i have been is this chains of products or gadgets or electronics devices from China for long time,problems all the time;QC,software,Google certification,OTA updates,root the device,RMA,shipping,customer services from both parties,communities,reviewers,etc. You most know about quality control vs quantity control again its quantity and the product time of life or market saturation,thats we see now a lot devices and different OEM,in this case,Lemfo,Finow,Kingwear and others the just produce the software for this watches,not control over the hardware,it has been said right here.
MediaTek,unfortunately is the only cheapest one and to much limitation because its come from Taiwan security reason and you know the story,why we just get for example in USA we get; Samsung and Qualcomm devices mostly. And you know the monopoly.
From this full Android Smartwatches,they getting better and better,thats why i keep buying it,Mediatek devices give us the choice to play we them and have peoples and community to support them,thats my choice,because everything is about choice,really i dont want to expend more than $300 on Wear OS and an Apple devices to much restriction,limitation and pricy.

Well for me, i agree with the touchscreen sensitivity but honestly its not the screen. Its just these android OS were meant for a much bigger screen n lowering it n skinned to look like a watch will make it harder to detect the touch gestures. And also its running a very old MT chip so all these issues should be expected if you’ve been in a the phone technology game long enough. And battery life is also expected to be bad since once again its an android OS which is not optimized to run on a 450mAH but maybe the newer 900mAH watches will fair better. I mean all these stuffs were to be expected if you know all the drawbacks on android OS and that’s why I’m not complaining. Eventhough my Thor Pro came shipped with a bad firmware giving me a very bad battery life, I thought that was normal until the pros here verified with me its a bad firmware. A quick flash to a newer firmware gave me 3x the battery life i had when i first got it so with my expectations of these watches, instead of being upset with the battery life, it left me feeling impressed instead.

Its just like everyone else said, if you wanted a watch that has an optimized performance then go with a wear os or Apple watch. If you want reliable fitness tracking then there’s fitbit n garmin, hell even a miband. But a full android watch is in a category of its own, so don’t even compare them. I knew all these before purchasing my Thor Pro n that is why this will be my daily watch until I can get myself a mont blanc or fossil wear os watch. If u bought one of these full Android watches without doing your research n then later complain about it, it aint really anyone’s fault but yours. Even my managers at work who are using fitbits were impressed with the features on my watch especially after i installed watchdroid n was able to reply texts via voice.

What was posted above by bicboi69 is exactly the point I was making.

Thanks.

I opened this thread in the hope that people would be able to accept these products for what they really are:
A very reasonably priced experience in the world of Android Watches.

Cheers

Pablo

In my opinion these watches are the best smartwatches on the market, much better than anything you can get with android wear. Only things missing to make them perfect is always on display, nfc and multitouch. Concerning the price I wouldn’t mind paying $500 for one of these watches instead of $150.

Sept 30, 2018 13:45:14 GMT 1 noidremained said:
In my opinion these watches are the best smartwatches on the market, much better than anything you can get with android wear. Only things missing to make them perfect is always on display, nfc and multitouch. Concerning the price I wouldn't mind paying $500 for one of these watches instead of $150.

Honestly if they make a watch with the SD 3100 running Android OS, i would go for that over Wear OS. The only problem with the full android watches in the market is MTK chipset having very unoptimized battery usage, If this issue is fixed they will dominate the smartwatch market.

With that said, its very unlikely these china companies will take the risk of such high cost of production and unforeseeable demand cus of the stigma of ‘chinese products’. If im gonna get my Wear OS experience I will choose a luxury brand just because go big or go home :man_shrugging:

I am very upset by the fact that there is no deck for LEM X … it was more very very very convenient

Don’t get me wrong here. I still do love full android, and especially the round watches.
I still searching for good alternatives.
Theres a Ferace3 V.2 now available in China, again with a nice Qualcomm Chipset and full android, NFC and all the other nice gimmicks.

But in general I have a bad opinion on the so much promoted MTK here and also on staying with Cheap alternatives. My experience so far was quiet poor with those and if I compare them with my other watches, the gap between them (especially time on batt and stability) is just too big.

Things like the screen responsiveness, are smaller issues, but they fall under this category.

You know? Give me a real good watch you want me to try. I will buy it and test it.
I’m open to re-think again.

But which?

Oct 7, 2018 5:12:02 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Don't get me wrong here. I still do love full android, and especially the round watches. I still searching for good alternatives. Theres a Ferace3 V.2 now available in China, again with a nice Qualcomm Chipset and full android, NFC and all the other nice gimmicks.

But in general I have a bad opinion on the so much promoted MTK here and also on staying with Cheap alternatives. My experience so far was quiet poor with those and if I compare them with my other watches, the gap between them (especially time on batt and stability) is just too big.

Things like the screen responsiveness, are smaller issues, but they fall under this category.

You know? Give me a real good watch you want me to try. I will buy it and test it.
I’m open to re-think again.

But which?

Yea after using mine for a week it aint looking so well. I love the functionality of the watch but its always battery life holding it back. I cant use a watch that cant even last me til i get off work. Idk if my watch is defective or software issue or maybe i just get so many important notifications throughout the day but thats my line of work. it hasn't been a good experience for me. Im considering amazfit (amazing battery life but very limited functionality that suits my needs) or fossil explorist gen 3 (has everything i need but i heard battery life aint good either) cus honestly with all the features these full android watches come with, I only need watchdroid and nothing else so i guess its a lesson learnt to not get an RPG with 1 ammo when I only need a glock. The worst part is, now that I've paid for this watch i don't think i can sell it off to anyone cus they will definitely report it as a scam once they use it n found out the battery life is horrible. Tried to root it this morning but that was unsuccessful. Was getting this (refer to picture attached). Lets just say I've alrdy given up on this watch n saving up for my next alternative already.
Oct 7, 2018 5:24:17 GMT 1 bicboi69 said:
Oct 7, 2018 5:12:02 GMT 1 seb84 said:

I think your problem is from the option of flashing. Try to do as the installer says and use Format All and Download in the settings for flashing the watch. you might brick it forever doing wrong here.

Anyhow, you are mentioning exactly my prob. I use a lot of notifications and these watches make it very barely through the day, if you use them this extensive (while other OS’s and more speciefied Hardware does).

The amazfit is just great (I get 6 days on battery even with a lot if GPS use). AMF apk will give you good notifications and reply abilty. Even when I’m runnig through the jungle here (can be up to 6hrs), with GPS and constant heart rate, you will not use more than 15 - 20% battery on such a run. It’s just great for fitness tracking. BIP does almost the same and costs only 30%.