This is a Proof-of-Concept watch of a new functionality I'm adding to WFD:

This is a Proof-of-Concept watch of a new functionality I’m adding to WFD: the ability to create digital circular bars for hours, minutes, seconds, power and steps. It’s on its first days, so I hope it will improve with time and gain more features… But, for now, what do you think?

This watch was made in about 15 minutes on WFD.

Download link: http://bit.ly/2zHLkid

97520b4a3c5acf8771079d808a6f92e4.png

6 Likes

@Marco_Ferreira pretty awesome!

Awesome - thanks :slight_smile:

really nice :+1:

That’s really nice!
One question: Will the new circular bars be able to have the degree covered changed (so you could have a circular bar that would only be visible over 270 degrees of the face, for instance) with the start point also configurable?

I’m mostly thinking this from the point of view of how to use this with the ‘flat tyre’ of the LEM X :slight_smile:

@James_McBoyle not yet, but it’s still in development :wink:
I’ll try to add that feature before release.

@Marco_Ferreira Thanks! My LEM X shipped today, so hopefully I can put together a few nice watch faces for it with the new version of WFD when it’s released.

Thats really nice :+1:

One word: GREAT!!!

Hi, Marco. Thank you for your work. You are doing a great job by letting people create amazing things!

This tool is already available in 13-m release or just coming soon?

@Haidar_Holic just coming soon, sorry.

Keep the updates coming and I’ll keep using them to make more elaborate faces.

@Marco_Ferreira I was wondering if it would be possible to add a flash or fading movement for analog hands. It would be helpful for making futuristic watch movements like Tron lasers or something. It would also be cool to use with my Wewden face. Would definitely require UL to run it, but the effect would be interesting. A Tron trail would be cool as well as the hands fading out from their initial position and fading into the next. It could be either a slow fade or a quick one, or give the user a bar to customize.

@Nicholas_Herczeg You can already use animated layers as hands, so it’s just a matter of making an animated image fading out and suddenly coming back to full opacity. And, unless I’m misunderstanding, the fading trail is also just a matter of using a different hand image, since it is always rotating, the fade effect would always be the same, wouldn’t it?

Maybe if you have an image with the idea I’ll understand it better???

@Nicholas_Herczeg Do you mean trails like this?

0f0f6b8e40eccf5d40822ec0dfe336a3.gif

@Marco_Ferreira I’ll try that with the fading hands. The other thing I was talking about was like a Tron style after-image or motion blur effect, where it randomly decays as the hand moves away. Not like a static motion fade, where the fade is static, but you have the hand motion active.

@David_Koren Yeah! Just like that. How’d you do that? That’s the kind of thing I want to add to my RASC manual. @Marco_Ferreira How do you do the animated hands? I could add that, too. I could put that into intermediate skills.

@Nicholas_Herczeg It’s time consuming. I created a hand and exported images every 2 degrees. I created 3 GIF layers in WFD. The top layer is the visible hand, the 2nd is somewhat transparent and the last is more transparent. All the animations are based on 15 frame/sec animations. The top hand is (images in degrees) 0,2,4,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6 (15 frames) the seconds is: 0,0,2,4,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6 (offset by 1 frame) the last: 0,0,0,2,4,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6 (offset by 2 frames). You have to repeat this pattern all the way around the dial by exporting frames one at a time. The total frames needed are 900 for this animation.

@Marco_Ferreira Can you add an “Export layer by changing rotation”? You pick an angle to add each frame, and it calculates from 0 to 360. This would greatly improve time to make custom animations.

@David_Koren I’ll try to make it easier to make that process. One thing I’ve already done (in the unreleased development version) is the addition of a “digital quartz” movement type, so the hand moves instantly from one position to the next.I believe that using this type of movement you wouldn’t need to create the 900 frames, but just one sequence from 0 to 6 degrees, and then use that animation as a hand.

@Marco_Ferreira The digital quartz that you just added was the other thing I was trying to describe. The way I would have tried to do it would have caused a constant pulse animation. I was just trying to get that on the transition, although the pulse may look cool as well. I may try a smooth movement with a pulsing second hand but use digital quartz for the minute and hour on “Wewden 2.0”, when WFD 0.14 comes out. It would give it that natural look with a futuristic effect.