The Kospet PRIME Official post

A guy further up the thread did exactly that.
The pictures were for him to show to a phone repair shop but he got the new button from Kospet support.

hi I purchased a kospet prime but I’m looking for a better fitness app the app that comes its too poor for weight lifting training can anyone help me ?

I only know of the my running app here on the forum but I don’t know if it will do what you want?
Also I recommend using a sweat band on your arm to help protect your watch from the salt in sweat…
The Prime is better sealed than most but sweat can eat the brass charging contacts on the rear of the watch.

My running app is the best out there but doesnt have a designated weight lifting section . But it does have a " other " option in menu . Maybe worth a look

1 Like

The HRM on my Prime doesn’t work unless I press down really, really, really hard on the face of the watch while on my wrist. Or maybe if I take it off and press finger over it.

Nope.
That’s a connection problem under the cover.
That’s why it works when you press down on it.
Try turning on hrm and press on the rear cover… See if it starts up
Be very careful with the screen. Too much pressure on the screen can be a very expensive mistake…

Well…the only thing that consistently makes it work is putting my finger over the sensor. And I don’t have to press hard to get it to work.

@Mark_Williams
And it doesn’t work on your wrist?
Very strange.
It normally takes a while to pick up your pulse depending on how tight the strap is…

Yes very strange…never works on wrist. Always returns a “failed” message. I’ve got a Optimus Pro that works fine. I messaged back and forth with Kospet on FB and they said (among other things) to test on someone with lighter skin or something like that. That’s really not a good solution though…I’m not becoming a white dude anytime soon, lol.

They ended up saying to send it back to Banggood, but I don’t know that I want to go thru that trouble. It’s just one of those things that if it’s on there you’d like it to work.

@Mark_Williams
Oh yes… I am aware of this problem.
They have been trying for a while to fix it and I don’t understand it to be honest…
What version firmware do you have?
The latest?

@Mark_Williams Ok - some good news.
I just had a chat with the firmware team in Shenzhen .
We have a new version v2.4, which I will upload in a little while.
Made especially to fix this particular issue.
You can be the first to try it :slight_smile:
Should be up in an hour or so.
On another note - I will now move these posts to the Prime main thread.
Cheers
Pablo11.

2 Likes

Appreciate you @pablo11 !!!

You can be sure I will be on it when it drops.

1 Like

Hello, did the V2.4 firmware fixed this issue?
I just checked the heartrate sensor driver, there are some settings that could actually help with skin detection, as it doesn’t always work correctly for me as well.

One of the comments on the driver suggests that it probably defaults to finger tip mode:

Apparently it has not :frowning:
The firmware guys say that the maximum sensitivity is set.
Now they are going back to the manufacturer of the HRM sensor to see if they can do anything.

But if you have any ideas on how to address this problem it would be fantastic.:+1:

Cheers
Pablo11

1 Like

Here are two builds with the adjusted PAH8001 driver:

Edit:
I think the important register is 0x4D which changes the sensor resolution:

It is now changed from the lowest value 8 (equals 0.25x resolution) to the highest value 11 (equals 2x resolution), hopefully that helps with the accuracy.

2 Likes

Link doesn’t work.

Thanks - got it :+1:

Should be working again now, i added a second build with a different sensor resolution.

1 Like

@pablo11 See video of behavior from this morning (8/15/2020) when starting up the watch.

Prime Startup Sequence

Hi Mark . Have you tried a full factory reset ? Always recommended if you have recently updated .